Player in Focus cards 2023

Sure are. I think you should play it safe with his recovery and rest him for this week. He's too important for the end of the season to risk him so early.
Surely you’d be happy getting RTS back next year . Great for the game and the warriors . Probably seen the progress and thought this is the time . He was carrying the team before he left . Will be a dangerous warriors team with him back

Surely you’d be happy getting RTS back next year . Great for the game and the warriors . Probably seen the progress and thought this is the time . He was carrying the team before he left . Will be a dangerous warriors team with him back
Yes, but I'm going to sound ridiculous here. I have always thought he carried the team in the wrong ways. He tirelessly bashed it up the middle making hit ups, which looks amazing in the stats, but I've always thought he has lacked ball-playing and defence. If you look at his highlights he has a mean step to beat players as the top-shelf wing that he was, but other areas are lacking. The NRL media loves hero-worship and he benefitted from this at times.

A lot of us can't figure out where he plays. Charnze offers what he was doing before he left, is a great communicator in setting the defensive line and defends fantastically. He will be too well paid for the wing, and I have doubts about his defence and ballplaying for stand off or centre.

My hope is that his time in union has developed his defence and distribution enough to be a top-class centre ala Valentine Holmes. But yes, the Wahs are building, and with another prop and some good retention we are looking like we are on the up.

Yes, but I'm going to sound ridiculous here. I have always thought he carried the team in the wrong ways. He tirelessly bashed it up the middle making hit ups, which looks amazing in the stats, but I've always thought he has lacked ball-playing and defence. If you look at his highlights he has a mean step to beat players as the top-shelf wing that he was, but other areas are lacking. The NRL media loves hero-worship and he benefitted from this at times.

A lot of us can't figure out where he plays. Charnze offers what he was doing before he left, is a great communicator in setting the defensive line and defends fantastically. He will be too well paid for the wing, and I have doubts about his defence and ballplaying for stand off or centre.

My hope is that his time in union has developed his defence and distribution enough to be a top-class centre ala Valentine Holmes. But yes, the Wahs are building, and with another prop and some good retention we are looking like we are on the up.
From a outsider looking in , it seemed like he didn’t have faith in his team mates and put pressure on himself . The warriors have seemed to find some structure now under a new coach.
Surprised the roosters didn’t find a spare mill somewhere to get him back to Bondi 🤣

Surely NAS this week. He single-handedly turned that game (and has the fortune of being allowed to play like the thugs of NRL forwards of old, while everyone else has to be a choirboy).

Surely NAS this week. He single-handedly turned that game (and has the fortune of being allowed to play like the thugs of NRL forwards of old, while everyone else has to be a choirboy).
He gets away with so much!! Sometimes subtle and sometimes not. When you are that big though, even the subtle stands out like dogs 🎾’s

Another great game from the warriors . They deserved the win imo . Unlucky with injuries and 10 in the bin for Walker which was a harsh punishment , similar to the Radley sin bin at that stage of the game . I’ve watched it back and not one part of the tackle looked like a intentional head slam .
Warriors were doing everything harder and faster and looked like they would go on with it . Great game nonetheless.

He gets away with so much!! Sometimes subtle and sometimes not. When you are that big though, even the subtle stands out like dogs 🎾’s
He sure does, but everybody would love to have him. Dead set dominated that game.
Another great game from the warriors . They deserved the win imo . Unlucky with injuries and 10 in the bin for Walker which was a harsh punishment , similar to the Radley sin bin at that stage of the game . I’ve watched it back and not one part of the tackle looked like a intentional head slam .
Warriors were doing everything harder and faster and looked like they would go on with it . Great game nonetheless.
Two games against the Roosters and Panthers in 11 days will hurt. I think the injuries were in tribute to our fallen brothers for ANZAC, might have to put the SoS out to NSW Cup. Yeah the judicial system, bunker etc is an enigma for sure. I'm not sure anyone knows what is going on.

https://www.tlatradingcards.com/product/nrl-special-edition-in-focus-card-copy-4/

3314EC11-F2B5-41BB-9463-220FEE0B3206.jpeg

Interesting NRL 360 on Fox tonight if you haven’t seen it . Talking about Wightons deal with south’s and Paul Kent let slip he will be boxing to make up the extra cash and then retracted it in the next segment. It’s common knowledge PK is mates with Sticky and would have been tipped off. No Limit boxing has a few south’s boys in the camp as well. Definitely seems suss

For those who get these regularly, what's the turnaround time been like this year? Is it still about 3 weeks to see the card arrive?

Back
Top Bottom