Player Collecting

thePACisback

I Hoard Horford
Real Name
George (Call me Gee)
COMC User
No1CavsFan
Does anyone on OCT's AFL section PC a certain player?

I ask this Becuase I'm thinking of selling my Richmond collection, but I want to start a new AFL collection of some sort.

Is player collecting easy or hard, fun or boring, stressful or calm?

I'm gonna find out the players in a particular set I like before I make that decision myself on who I PC.

So, thoughts?

I'd like to get my hands on every Jason Dunstall card released. I have quite a few but to actually make an effort to get them all would be nice.

At the end of the day the most important thing is to feel comfortable with what you collect.

I used to collect sets but changed to team only as it became too much.

If you want to keep collecting but feel like minimizing then collecting a player or players is a great way to go.

There are quite a few player collectors out there so choose wisely or you may find you have some stiff competition. ;)

At the end of the day the most important thing is to feel comfortable with what you collect.

I used to collect sets but changed to team only as it became too much.

If you want to keep collecting but feel like minimizing then collecting a player or players is a great way to go.

There are quite a few player collectors out there so choose wisely or you may find you have some stiff competition. ;)
I agree.

My mate told me before I signed up here there was a guy with 100 or something Nic Nat DPSs...
I'd only be worried to collect him!

I agree.

My mate told me before I signed up here there was a guy with 100 or something Nic Nat DPSs...
I'd only be worried to collect him!

Yeah it's not 100, more like 40ish. :whistle:

That happens to be me by the way.

In saying that though collecting a player doesn't mean you have to be crazy and put away 40 signatures.

You could easily collect NicNat and put away one of each of his cards without it becoming difficult or expensive.

Yeah it's not 100, more like 40ish. :whistle:

That happens to be me by the way.

In saying that though collecting a player doesn't mean you have to be crazy and put away 40 signatures.

You could easily collect NicNat and put away one of each of his cards without it becoming difficult or expensive.
Ah ok then lol

I would actually consider doing that. Try to get the whole print run...

A member that used to be on here a lot, Kingjack had a big Dane Swan collection. Pretty sure he had one of every card.

Some dude started a similar thing with Ben Cousin's cards. Trouble is, he told anyone and everyone and that's probably why they're are like the crap wayward Benny puts up his arm....horribly overpriced.

Moral of the story is....if you're going to target something, maybe get all card-ninja about it ;)

Some dude started a similar thing with Ben Cousin's cards. Trouble is, he told anyone and everyone and that's probably why they're are like the crap wayward Benny puts up his arm....horribly overpriced.

Moral of the story is....if you're going to target something, maybe get all card-ninja about it ;)

Happens all the time, someone collected #15 so some people tried to screw him over in price, someone in NRL collects 30 something and people try to screw him over, happened to me with Nic Nat a little and low numbered Eagles card, happened to David collecting Brownlow Distinctions.

Whilst you can keep quiet for awhile, eventually you have to ask for help finding what you need and from there its out of your control.

But here's the kicker, those who look after me and come to me with cards i want get the same in return when i pull cards they want.

Card collecting as a hobby will always have the arseholes out to make as much as they can and then you get those who appreciate return business and that one good turn deserves another.

Stick to the good guys and appreciate you will never get everything you want, besides Karma bites like a bitch. :thumbsup:

I collected GWS and gc from day one so pretty much have a full player collection of everyone of the new recruits. I also collect every card of the recruits from other clubs. I think it is the best way to go about it as always a challenge getting cards, even the lesser value old ones

I collected GWS and gc from day one so pretty much have a full player collection of everyone of the new recruits. I also collect every card of the recruits from other clubs. I think it is the best way to go about it as always a challenge getting cards, even the lesser value old ones
That's what I thought. And nice job. That would be some effort to get every card of GCS & GWS!

Anyways, I'm thinking of doing my new PC of Brandon Ellis, mainly because his rookie year was the year of the footycards Draft Prospects set, my all time favourite.

So if anyone has any of his Sigs from that set that they're willing to trade, LMK!

A triple sig of Ellis was just busted on eureka haha so there's at least one triple sig you can try for.

And I already have them all. Just need to continue updating each year and find an Ablett Brownlow magic wildcard

A triple sig of Ellis was just busted on eureka haha so there's at least one triple sig you can try for.

And I already have them all. Just need to continue updating each year and find an Ablett Brownlow magic wildcard
I don't watch Eureka, mainly because of the comments made by a Eureka breaker towards my Aussie breaker of choice, but do u know who hit it and if they're a member here?

I think I saw an Ablett Brownlow Magic on eBay the other week if you have a check there...

Yeah I will see if I can find it but unsure. And yeah saw it but $250 is too rich for my liking lol I'm addicted but not that addicted lol one will come eventually

Have been collecting Jason Dunstall cards since i was 10 years old (so for over 20 years). Just added a couple of signature cards recently. Trying to get my hands on all his stickers now, they are so hard to find.
If the house was to be on fire, one of the first things id grab is the Dunstall folder!

Back
Top Bottom