• Poll closed .

drob50

Magic Johnson and David Robinson ON CARD autos
Real Name
Adam
eBay User
None
PC Battle Shootout – Round 2 – Quarter Finals

After some cracking cards in round 1 causing some close and some not so close results, we are at round 2.
8 participants left still including the likes of Wilt, LBJ, MJ & the Admiral himself. Once again, I have done my best to put like with like and make the most even groups possible. Not always straight forward, but I tried!

Group 2C – Supercharged Collection / Michael Jordan VS Hairyangryfella / Wilt Chamberlain

Supercharged Collection / Michael Jordan

1996 SPX MJ AUTO #NNO (from a pack pull)
1996SPXMJAUTONNO.jpg

Hairyangryfella / Wilt Chamberlain

Stunning 03-04 Exquisite huge jersey piece
WiltExquisiteJersey.jpg

PS – Blair Rules!

No such thing as a bad Wilt Extra Exquisite Jumbo Jersey, but always difficult to knock off a Jordan on card auto. MJ ftw!

PS: Hairy - I'd suggest you vote for yourself in this one mate!

This is going to be an absolute walkover...

Shame, coz I had the two big ones still to come. But no way I could ever compete with a Jordan auto with just a nice Wilt jersey...

WHO CHOSE THIS MATCHUP.... :p

My only question is, are you 100% sure that's pack pulled? I know there is a lot of confusion regarding those SPx ones. What does the COA say?

Fair question:) -- wish we all had a YOUTUBE back then hey?

OK, here is some info for Hairy CURIOUS angryfella and for those who are interested about this card history - I have dug out my old Beckett.

(if you trust them) On one of their articles it mentioned a reference to this 96 SPx MJ auto UD COA. The only way to tell if the MJ AUTO was from a pack pull is if the UD COA (regular card size COA) started with BAC or BAD on the hologram followed by serial number.

Here is the page scan from 2009 Beckett MJ Hall of Fame Tribute, " 23 Greatest Cards of all time" pg.24 at No#3
[hide]
BeckettHallofFametribue2009.jpg
[/hide]​

I have also saved a picture from another Beckett article with regards to this 1996 SPx MJ Auto COA
[hide]
Beckett96SPXjordanautoCOA.jpg
[/hide]​

There was also a discussion on HobbyKing forum about this card

HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Need information about Michael jordan spx auto 96

And lastly, here's my UD COA with a matching hologram sticker at the back of the card.

[hide]
DSCN3401.jpg
[/hide]​

Hope this helps:cool:

WHO CHOSE THIS MATCHUP.... :p

I think you meant to say "who chose a GU as their second round card???"

I know you are only kidding, but so you all know, I chose the groups without looking at anyone's cards! Tried to be fair. And honestly, after the round 1 game jersey auto, I thought Wilt would be the only one who wouldn't get absolutely demolished in round 2.

So technically Hairy, YOU let ME down. :lol:

I think you meant to say "who chose a GU as their second round card???"

I know you are only kidding, but so you all know, I chose the groups without looking at anyone's cards! Tried to be fair. And honestly, after the round 1 game jersey auto, I thought Wilt would be the only one who wouldn't get absolutely demolished in round 2.

So technically Hairy, YOU let ME down. :lol:

You understand how few autos and patches Wilt has, right...!! :p

i didnt even know we were picking our cards hahahaha i thought you were using some random pick program??? dont worry G i got walked over by a NASTY NASTY patch hahaha its all fun :)

Back
Top Bottom