Paypal sale outside of ebay

rishgoon

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Luke
eBay User
cardgooner
Just chasing a couple of opinions guys

Had an offer for a card I'm selling on ebay, for $400. Buyer wants to purchase outside of ebay, paying through Paypal (goods purchase, not gift). I look at it that this would be good for me as I avoid ebay fees, but is there any downside to not selling though ebay?

cheers

I think you will be ok.

Buyer wants to pay as goods service so that covers him.

If you send registered post then you will be covered so he can't scam you.

send it registered mate i had a guy ask the same of me off ebay didnt want to pay registered post said normal is fine then what do you know said the cards didnt arrive and put a paypal claim against me and won they said if it was registered i would have been covered
ebay gave me my money back anyway due to my good record but said they wouldnt do that again
now i only do registered post

I've done it several times where a buyer has wanted a certain card and then asked if I have any more from that set and wanted to purchase those as well. PayPal protection is better than ebay anyway so with payment for goods and registered post you are no less protected than with ebay.

How can they charge you a Final Value Fee when you end it early? the item is not even sold.

Easy. They just base the fvd on the price the item was when you ended it. I think your allowed 2 or 3 before they charge you.

It think everyone is missing the point of why HE would offer to do it outside of ebay. I don't believe he's dodgy.

The reasoning behind a buyer who wants to purchase outside of eBay is that he hopes the offer will appear to be more beneficial to the seller.

E.g>

You have a $100 BIN card on ebay.

He offers you $80 - but you may say no, because, after Paypal take your fees out, you're only left with $70.

BUT...

If he offers you $80 outside of eBay, you look at it, as equivalent to a $90 offer...

See?

I think its beneficial for you both, he gets a good deal, you end up with more in your pocket.

Just send it trackable/registered.

Bump thread, suppose I am the buyer and card is us$1.5k and do it outside eBay but via paypal and goods. Will I be covered? I read the terms, seller is supposed to issue invoice via paypal to me and I pay invoice.

Seller will save 10% and i was hoping to save on customs, so know thinking of suggesting 2 payments or seem too risky? Cheers

Back
Top Bottom