Paypal is Ridonkulous

Telfs Card Park

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tom Telfer
eBay User
dynastysportscentral
I have to wait 3 weeks to get my funds from card sales and the only way around it is to send everything registered internationally which makes things quite expensive for me the seller. Has anyone else had this experience and what do you do to get around having to wait an eternity to receive your money? I am fed up with what is a buyers only system.

Form my experience selling on feebay.com, it doesn't matter if you send it registered or if you get positive feedback from the buyer, you still have to wait till paypal says you can have your money. anywhere between 14-21 days.

I'm not sure if this is a new change or because the things I sold were sold on feebay.com, not .au. (may be different for .com.au sales)

***EDIT: I also think it changes when you get to a certain amount of sales. (paypal acknowledges you as a verified seller)

Someone with 200+ feebay sales will be able to tell you.

I have an ebay.com.au account and sell on both ebay.com and ebay.com.au and have never had my funds held. I also have over 3000 positive feedback

ok cool, well I will keep selling on ebay.com if that is the case. I think it may be because I have a business account and there are extra requirements. I never had issues with my personal account and think I will keep using that.

I was selling on feebay.com.au on my same account over 5 years ago and never had the problem. But recently with sales on feebay.com, i have ancountered this 21 day holding of sale funds.

So did i, i think it was when i sold overseas, even with a tracking number it took a while.

When selling locally, i get the funds much quicker.

I had this happen to me recently. The item was sent with tracking, the buyer left me positive feedback and they still had a hold on the funds. So I contact paypal - 8 emails back and forth later they tell me it's a eBay thing and not a paypal thing so I need to take it up with eBay. :confused:

At one stage a clown at paypal told me just because the buyer left positive feedback it did not mean that they had received the package (even though at that stage he would have been unable to open a case at paypal).

So in the end I had to wait the full 21 days even though the user left me positive feedback after 10 days and I had the tracking number.

At times Paypal are nothing short of the biggest c$#ts on earth.

Back
Top Bottom