Panini

TmacRedRocket

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Chris
Any one have any idea when the first box of Panni is rolling out? I boticed blake griffin attended a Panini Conference/signing post draft (w/hat) and wondered when we can grab em!!!

It bares the questions of how deep this exclusivity extends. If UD/Fleer etc dissolves it opens up further market for Press Pass and other non-NBA bound Mens american basketball trading corps. Maybe a no go for press pass etc? And maybe this exclusivity extends deeper than UD/topps past rights for material/autos/exposure acquisition of players have in the past.

speculation is as good as guessing though

Milk it for all its worth so to say.

"Shaq + Lebron"
No more defiant Kobe bryant

UD and Topps can still release cards with autos etc, they just show NBA logos. Panini is now the only company that can release those 5 player's autos...

Is it just the logo or all team names etc etc? It will delay topps and ud releases imo as they have to photoshop each and every card right down to the sponsors signs in the backround, backboards, scoreboars, chairs, refs, etc etc.

We might see the same pics over and over for UD and topps as they try to reduce the work on the designers and card quality will suffer once again. Just look at Star Cards in the 90's to see what I mean about the pics.

Is it just the logo or all team names etc etc? It will delay topps and ud releases imo as they have to photoshop each and every card right down to the sponsors signs in the backround, backboards, scoreboars, chairs, refs, etc etc.

We might see the same pics over and over for UD and topps as they try to reduce the work on the designers and card quality will suffer once again. Just look at Star Cards in the 90's to see what I mean about the pics.

I think it's NBA logo that has to be airbrushed off. They could also just print the players face, like this one;

DARIUS MILES 02/03 PRESS PASS AUTH. ROOKIE AUTO CARD - eBay (item 160311717556 end time Jul-22-09 10:40:22 PDT)

This one has the team name on it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ELVIN-HAYES-200...ms=65:1|66:2|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

Shouldn't delay it that much.

Topps and UD won't be producing NBA Cards after their contracts end. They have quoted the "economic times" as an excuse yet they are still producing more and more expensive sets for both baseball and football. Once they release their early season stuff, that will be it from them - at least until they realise what a mistake they've made and come crawling back, begging for another chance.

how is card companies signing players on exclusive contracts progress? this is crap again as it means you will get products missing some stars and so forth. panini is just another ud and topps, but with a monopoly status.

GarnettFan4life just posted this up -

The Upper Deck Company: News

Airbrushed logos out? Terrible and quality gone
So theyve decided to lick thier wounds and continue on with the manufacture in the draft/college based industry BUT without the top five picks! And so Paninis exclusivity shows to have been a good move. Press pass will feel further pressure as UD/Topps squeezes into this market.

Who the hell wants an airbrushed product?
Who wants a product without the top picks of this years draft?
Who wants the same old photos reproduced every card?

UD, just let it go

Edit: Perfect oppourtunity to clear the warehouses of ALL those sticker autos just waiting to be used

That Draft Edition products been scrapped. It was due out last week, but I asked Chris from UD, it got cancled.

EDIT: wait, i'm confused. Now due for release in July 2009? What's with the date on the news though, June 26th 2008, talking about 'yesterday's draft'. Typo?

GarnettFan4life just posted this up -

The Upper Deck Company: News

Airbrushed logos out? Terrible and quality gone
So theyve decided to lick thier wounds and continue on with the manufacture in the draft/college based indistry BUT without the top five picks! And so Paninis exclusivity shows to have been a good move. Press pass will feel further pressure as UD/Topps squeezes into this market.

Who the hell wants an airbrushed product?
Who wants a product without the top picks of this years draft?
Who wants the same old photos reproduced every card?

UD, just let it go

Edit: Perfect oppourtunity to clear the warehouses of ALL those sticker autos just waiting to be used

I'm pretty sure that product has been given the flick,correct me if I'm wrong. Saw something posted about it somewhere, can't find the link!

Either way im happy. Looking at that article, you can see the only card they showed was probably one of the most highest end of that set - Jordan /25 auto. And yes ANOTHER cheapo sticker auto.

if ONE good thing comes out the exclusivity pack between panini and the Draft picks, and i hope its this, is that it will only produce decent auto products.

Either way im happy. Looking at that article, you can see the only card they showed was probably one of the most highest end of that set - Jordan /25 auto. And yes ANOTHER cheapo sticker auto.

if ONE good thing comes out the exclusivity pack between panini and the Draft picks, and i hope its this, is that it will only produce decent auto products.

I think it's another chance for UD to clear off any excess stock! Mind you, if I pulled the MJ, stuicker or not, I would be fairly happy! :)

Back
Top Bottom