Panini Blog Panini America Making New Damian Lillard Rookie Cards Using Top 2012-13 Designs

Panini Blog

Panini Blog
Real Name
Panini
panini-america-2012-13-preferred-silhouettes-damian-lillard.jpg

Hardcore hoops collectors who thought they missed out on collecting Damian Lillard autograph memorabilia Rookie Cards from Panini America’s hottest 2012-13 brands may want to take a seat before they read what’s next: As it turns out, the 2013 NBA Rookie of the Year will, in fact, be featured on coveted RPAs using last season’s National Treasures, Preferred Silhouettes, Gold Standard and Select designs.

As part of a special wrapper-redemption program announced today, Panini America is creating 400 new Lillard RCs using the aforementioned 2012-13 brand designs. The cards will be available while supplies last to collectors who earn enough points through redeeming wrappers, box UPC codes and store receipts from the purchase of selected 2012-13 NBA products.

Lillard will be featured on new autograph memorabilia Rookie Cards in National Treasures (99 RCs, 10 SPs and a 1/1), Preferred Silhouettes (99 RCs, 25 SPs), Gold Standard (99 RCs, 10 SPs) and Select (49 RCs, 10 SPs). While supplies last, collectors will receive one blind-wrapped Lillard RC for every 300 points they earn from sending in wrappers, box UPC codes and store receipts to Panini America verifying their purchases of:

Eligible Products Points Per Box
2012-13 Momentum Basketball 30
2012-13 Panini Signatures Basketball 15
2012-13 Elite Series Basketball 35
2012-13 Gold Standard Basketball 25
2012-13 Panini Intrigue Basketball 20
2012-13 Innovation Basketball 15

The program is open while supplies last and there is a maximum of 10 cards redeemed per person. You can get a sneak peek at the cards in the gallery below. Interested collectors should submit their wrappers, box UPC codes and store receipts to:

Panini America
Damian Lillard Redemption
5325 FAA Boulevard, Suite 100
Irving, Texas 75061-3601

b.gif

Continue reading...

it bugs me that we are no longer in his rookie year, and they release a whole new bunch of RC's for him just because its using those designs. Poorly executed. The list of boxes available to use as points arent all the greatest sellers - seems like a sales promotion to clear tones of stock they were expecting would move better.

Yep, that's all it is. You'll notice the products that move units well on their own are not included in this promotion.

I was thinking about a case or two of the signatures to try my luck for a Kemp 1/1 (I'm sure there's atleast 5 not even busted yet)

This gives the smallest bit more inclination to do it. But for a Lillard STICKER auto that would probably only fetch $250, meh.

Yep, that's all it is. You'll notice the products that move units well on their own are not included in this promotion.

I was thinking about a case or two of the signatures to try my luck for a Kemp 1/1 (I'm sure there's atleast 5 not even busted yet)

This gives the smallest bit more inclination to do it. But for a Lillard STICKER auto that would probably only fetch $250, meh.

Even if you only got one case of Signatures you are still 120 points from a Lillard :confused:

They probably purchased the sticker autos from Leaf.

Nope, they did a deal with Leaf where he could only sign a small number of on card autos and sign a limited number of Stickers (Panini stickers).

I have no issue with releasing these cards however I think they could have done the actual distribution better than having to buy slow moving stock for a chance at them. I guess thats the hook they have to use to move the slow selling stock.

Cheers
Matt

Nope, they did a deal with Leaf where he could only sign a small number of on card autos and sign a limited number of Stickers (Panini stickers).

So I'm guessing the on card autos are the 50 ones from the Flawless product. (and it had plenty of sticker autos too)

The Crown Royal silhouettes should be o/c !

So I'm guessing the on card autos are the 50 ones from the Flawless product. (and it had plenty of sticker autos too)

The Crown Royal silhouettes should be o/c !

Correct. The Flawless on card autos were always part of the release however one of the patch autos in Flawless which is a sticker was a late addition in the set.

Cheers
Matt

Back
Top Bottom