PAFC 2012 thread

Southern Son

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Justin
eBay User
SouthernSon999
Hi all

Being a true Port Adelaide supporter, I thought I would start up a thread for 2012, to discuss all things PAFC with fellow Port fans or non Port supporting football fans. Will try and add PAFC game day scores and the like through the year when possible.
I am a member of PAFC and have been for many years. I attend all home games at AAMI (still prefer to call it Footy Park!!) with wifey and 2 kids, we sit in Bay 225 (undercover;)) , and try to get to at least 1 away game each year in Melbourne.

I currently have 1226 different PAFC cards plus @100 hand signed

Saturday April 6th from 10am

there is an open training session for all fans, afterwards come and meet the players, get a photo with the players, get some autographs and I reckon Thunda Power might be doing Easter Bunnies job!!!!.

a chance to get some more cards signed!!

Justin, as a Glenelg supporter from way back - I hate Port Adelaide! However you are the sort of supporter the club needs. I saw at Hawthorn in the 90's what has happened at Port. The heritage and past success has been taken for granted and both clubs became a basket case.

A strong Port is great for SA Football - first Showdown will be a ripper!

Justin, as a Glenelg supporter from way back - I hate Port Adelaide! However you are the sort of supporter the club needs. I saw at Hawthorn in the 90's what has happened at Port. The heritage and past success has been taken for granted and both clubs became a basket case.

A strong Port is great for SA Football - first Showdown will be a ripper!

yeh, I do think we are starting to attract a new breed of supporter coming through, not only Port Magpie followers and their kin.......there simply is not enough to make it viable as an AFL club. I will be there now when Port are down and getting kicked, and we have been kicked deservedly, but this will make watching them rise even more enjoyable

I have to say...I'm not a power supporter but as I was born in sa I do have a bit of a soft spot for them and have been to many of there home games.

I also attended the family day in 2002 and the fact that you can get every players autograph was awesome.

I would like to see them go well again this year.I hope whoever goes to their family day has the same experience I did.

Also hope the are good with ttm...I have a couple on the way there

just watched a reply of the game vs Essendon. Thought Port have improved there attack on the ball, last year they would have folded earlier in the game. A little dissapointed with the final margin though. Way too many simple passing errors, Port staying in the game thanks to the Bombers inaccurate kicking. With a lot of injuries the Bombers deserved to win as they did. Ryder showed total dominance over Ports 2 inexperienced ruckmen.End of quarter fadeouts are still an issue, but overall a great game

Essendon 5.2 10.6 11.13 16.15 (111)
Port Adelaide 5.2 7.3 12.5 13.8 (86)

GOALS

Essendon: Jetta 4, Crameri 3, Stanton 2, Carlisle, Dempsey, Hille, Howlett, Hurley, Monfries, Zaharakis
Port Adelaide: Schulz 4, Westhoff 3, Ebert, McCarthy, Redden, P.Stewart, Thomas, Wingard

BEST
Essendon: Stanton, Jetta, Ryder, Watson, Dempsey, Monfries, Hardingham
Port Adelaide: Boak, Cornes, Westhoff, Schulz, McCarthy, Cassisi

On that game I think Jacobs and O'Shea need a run in the SANFL, with Logan and hopefully Gray to come back in to play Sydney next week.

I'm a crows supporter :) but I guess moving away from SA at the end of 2010 has made me homesick and Ive been cheering for the Power as well. I like the look of em, they are on the right track, loved the win against the Saints and were extremely efficient against the Bombers today but lacked that bit of class. Good luck to them this year, looks like they are much improved.

I'm not Port Supporter but i do like them! Feel sorry for the Slack they get, they have a pretty good future team now with the Likes of Trengove, Wingard and most Importantly My Favourite Port player......... BUTCHER!!!!!

However i'm angry with them for beating the Saints!:p

I'm not Port Supporter but i do like them! Feel sorry for the Slack they get, they have a pretty good future team now with the Likes of Trengove, Wingard and most Importantly My Favourite Port player......... BUTCHER!!!!!

However i'm angry with them for beating the Saints!:p

Yeh, Butcher is, as the boys call him 'the future', and a big unit too, I had a chat to him at the training and he's a nice bloke as well, I just hope he does not get too much pressure on him, he's only young still......

looking forward to a year or two's time to see where we are at

Was at the game. Port played well (they're not as bad as everyone thinks). Much better at the contested footy this year and setting up defensively (which caused Essendon problems when they tried to enter their 50). Port have recruited well during the off-season.

I would have loved to go but maybe later in the year we will get to the Melbourne for a match.

I think Port have improved both on/off the field. Need some more skills in the kids but thats expected, it just takes time...

Essendon players like Crameri, Dempsey are exciting for sure, and Stanton has raised the bar this year for sure!!!

I think every Forward will sigh in relief when Fletcher retires ( will he ever retire???) he is still a player to watch..

Was happy with the performance vs Ess.
Much improved on last year. Skill errors were very costly.
Jacobs needs time in the Sanfl. Can think of 3 times where his poor kicking or judgment directly resulted in a goal.
Changes for next week...
Jacobs for Logan
O'shea for Gray

What a glorious day for footy 27 degrees, beautiful Adelaide sunshine, the grass on AAMI looking spectacular

and another load of dribble served up to the 19000 fans who bothered to show up to watch Port and Sydney today

I thought Gray played well for his first game back from injury, really attacked the ball, kick poorly but still commendable. Ebert did some good things with 2 sausage rolls, and Chaplin, Trengove and Carlile did well too. Its just unfortunate that our BASIC skill errors have once again cost us a real chance of a win, similar to the Bombers game!!!!

Our movement of the ball was a genuine problem today, and I know that when a player gets interviewed about the loss we will get the 'we have some things to work on at training'......god just come out and say we are rubbish, and our supporters deserve more. dont serve us up 'coach speak'

Port are in the rebuilding phase but after a year and a bit of some players getting gold passes, I fear next week vs Collingwood we may see a few names not seen for a while. Port cant afford more 'honourable losses'. Our crowds ( as most teams who have lean years) are small in number as it is and will drop off even more if we dish up that too many times this year.

PORT ADELAIDE 3.2 5.6 9.9 12.11 (83)
SYDNEY SWANS 5.2 8.4 10.6 16.9 (105)

GOALS
Port Adelaide:
D. Stewart 3, Schulz, Ebert, Westhof 2, Surjan, Broadbent, Thomas
Sydney Swans: Jetta 3, Bird, White, Goodes, O'Keefe 2, Bolton, McGlynn, McVeigh Reid, Mumford

BEST
Port Adelaide:
Ebert, Trengove, Cassisi, Gray, Westhoff, D. Stewart
Sydney Swans: Kennedy, Hannebery, Goodes, Malceski, Parker, Mumford

Still a little raw that Port screwed us so much for Ebert:lol: but glad to see you guys playing very competitive footy once again. Great for S.A, great for the AFL & best of all great for all you loyal supporters.

Keep sticking it up the critics.:thumbsup:

Its good to see some improvement from last year but our last 2 games have not been great, thought that in both games we were lucky to be within a kick at 3 quarter time and then been run over in the last.
I really like oshea as a player but gee his fumbles in the last quarter in both games lost the momentum and probably gone a good way to losing the game
He seems to do ok when hes not the sub but I think him and jacobs will get dropped this week and will spend a few weeks in the sanfl to try and get some form back, replacements will come out of Norwood since half our reserves are playing there at the moment

Port vs Collingwood 21st April

I have not had a chance to watch the game yet, but seem some shorts and seen on a PAFC forum that we lost it in the first quarter and then once again just could not close the gap same thing vs Essendon and Sydney, only 24pts the final margin but it was against a side with alot of Best 22 players out that in itself should be ringing in the coaches ears. Anyone who watched the game with comments please enlighten us.....The injury to Gray looks horrific, there is a guy just getting his mojo back and that happens. With no final diagnosis yet, I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst!!!

Need to find some ticker against the Crows next week

COLLINGWOOD 7.5 8.8 13.11 14.13 (97)
PORT ADELAIDE 2.2 5.7 8.8 10.13 (73)

GOALS
Collingwood: Cloke 4, Sidebottom 2, Wellingham 2, Sinclair, Dawes, Beams, Paine, Fasolo, Seedsman
Port Adelaide: Gray 2, Schulz 2, D. Stewart, Butcher, Ebert, P. Stewart, Westhoff, Pfeiffer

BEST
Collingwood: Swan, Pendlebury, O'Brien, Sidebottom, Cloke, Beams, Wellingham
Port Adelaide: Boak, Cassisi, Pearce, McCarthy, Cornes, Gray

Gray has already gone under the Knife, by the sounds of it just a straight forward ACL. Only time ive been happy to hear its 'just an ACL'

I still stand by the fact i feel Primus has been out coached a couple already this season...

Need to find a spark for the Adel game.. Maybe bring Rodan back as a sub?
Give Wingard a full game in the forward pocket. We have no fast forwards, all tall. need to get some pace up there to keep some tackling pressure happening!

Back
Top Bottom