OZCT dropping out?

nichj99

Faried PC Battle Champion
Real Name
josh
eBay User
blue_1stp_klosr
Hey all,

Last few days OZCT has been dropping out for me fairly regularly. On two different wifi connections on my iPhone, home Mac and work PC. I just keep getting the page could not be found, and my comments are once in a while just "thinking" after I hit post. Any help or ideas?

It was to do with an update of our name servers. Without getting too technical, most ISPs got the update no problems. Some ISPs are a bit slow on the uptake hence some connection issues when I switched off one name server.

The site has been online the whole time, it just depends what ISP you are with and what detail they are caching and what name server they are trying to connect to.

Not much more I can do about it I'm afraid. Just have to wait for all ISPs to update their caches and the issue will be fully resolved.

Just over the past hour I have found it pretty slow loading pages. Seems to be okay now though.

Can those who it's happening to please ping the following addresses and tell me what ip address they are resolving to.

ns1.webrox.com.au
ns2.webrox.com.au
ns3.webrox.com.au

ns1.webrox.com.au - 122.99.116.204
ns2.webrox.com.au - 122.99.116.197
ns3.webrox.com.au - 122.99.116.199

I have found the site slow loading today

Site is literally flying for me now, so I dare say that was it.

Stupid that two things happened which caused this. Basically the slowness and timeouts were from firstly the cached server issue, and then the caching server I replaced it with was up but wasn't responding to requests. So every time someone visited and their ISP queried that server, it wouldn't respond causing a) slowness and b) time outs. You basically had a 1 in 3 chance of getting the dud server.

For the record, I never got it :)

Back
Top Bottom