One Touch Case Movement

Horizon

OzCardTrader
Real Name
MJ
Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help! I just bought a batch of "Ultra-Pro One Touch 35pt Magnetic Hard Cases" to store my high end cards in. The problem is the diamond corners and the 1mm "oversized" sides allow the card to move around in the case :(

I was wondering if anyone can recommend some really compact "Penny Sleeves" that would fit inside the case to stop the movement. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Don't think penny's fit bud. Do the cases move around that much that they'll damage? I've never seen cards damaged in cases before, and unless you're pelting around a bit, they should be pretty good, I'd imagine.

Hi Woobie, thanks for replying. They do move around a bit i guess the cards wouldnt be damaged because of the diamond corners, but a few of my cards have a finish that is prone to chipping so im not sure if over time the sides of the cards would start to "lift" or chip. I dont understand why the cases were made to allow any movement :(

^ yeah as Dom said, some cards are actually cut slightly larger/smaller than "regular" sized cards. I'm talking a mm or 2.

I have a card of Harris' which does not fit into a holder because it's slightly larger than normal, it's no special card, just a parallel, but it's frustrating!

Hi Woobie, thanks for replying. They do move around a bit i guess the cards wouldnt be damaged because of the diamond corners, but a few of my cards have a finish that is prone to chipping so im not sure if over time the sides of the cards would start to "lift" or chip. I dont understand why the cases were made to allow any movement :(

No worries, I understand what you mean, I think 04-05 Skybox Fresh Ink had an auto set in it, which is hard to find a card NOT chipped. Quality control! lol.

In the past some cards were very poorly cut. I remember I had lots of 1993/94 Skybox, and if you put it together, you'd see they were all cut in different lengths.

These days it is not so much a problem, but even still it does happen, and also with high end. I remember a couple of years back, one of the Exquisite sets (I think 08/09) the cards had different widths.

The magnetic holders usually allow slight movement, but because of the diamond cut, there are no problems with causing damage from my experience.

Ersk

I had some topps chrome auto cards in one touches and I lost them, only for them to turn up in the boot of my car 6 months later. Despite many trips they were all undamaged :)

Back
Top Bottom