93/94 first day issue rc x2
Pennyfirstday.jpg

95/96 ultra USA
PennyUSA.jpg

95/96 Flair play makers
Pennyplaymakers.jpg

96/97 finest refractor
Pennyfinestrefractor.jpg

Couldnt really get a good picture of the refractor happening though. Anybody able to do this using a scanner?

Thanks for looking :wave:

Nice pickups!

Here is what I can do with my scanner. I usually scan without scanner cover. And I think you will do better if you have very thick case, since the light from different angle should be able to reflect onto the picture.
Penny0059.jpg

TonyBattie.jpg

RayAllen.jpg

Woah sweet playmakers and refractor! Great centering too!

love the 1st day issue RC's and the playmakers 3-D card. the 3-D inserts from the 1990's are some of the BEST you'll find. very nice

ps. with my refractor scans, i usually take a photo using a digital camera (this gets the refractor rainbow show up, use ur camera flash) PLUS take another scan of it using a high res scanner (this will be the primary layout for the final pic). then i photoshop edit the 2 cards to the exact same size, and i overlay the refractor (camera) image ontop of the scanned one, then i delete from the camera pic most of the image and i leave only the "rainbow" effect. U gotta have a bit of photoshop or image editing knowledge to do it properly, but this is what your finished product will look like:

FinestRefractor1993-94Finest1.jpg

AND

GenerationsRefractor.jpg

plus this same technique i also use for hologram cards. sometimes when u scan hologram cards they show up looking crap, you hardly get the hologram image show up. heres a couple i did only last night of penny AU cards. check them out:

AHardaway1996SPxTributeAutographs.jpg

AHardaway1997SPxGoldAutographs.jpg

when i scanned these pennys, the holograms dont show up like they do here. the hologram bit would've been all one colour and the pic in the hologram was more of a blurr than anything. anyways hope u get it fixed up for any future refractor/hologram scans u plan on doing. cheers, STEVE :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom