Oh When the............................................ Eagles go marching in !

Nick Riewoldt proved I would never have him on my team - cannot kick a goal when it matters - had a chance to bring them within a kick... but sprayed it.

He does it every time.

A person who demands the ball and cannot finish is a liability to a team- ie Richo (as much as we love his heart). Feel sorry for Saints fans.

Yeh the saints have real problems. Too many duds, but the Eagles didnt look to flash either.

One question but?
Why did they have Jason blake playing on cousins? Having 2 big blokes starting in the centre square killed them in the 2nd half. Priddis and cousins ran riot!!

Poor coaching by the saints...

Yeh the saints have real problems. Too many duds, but the Eagles didnt look to flash either.

One question but?
Why did they have Jason blake playing on cousins? Having 2 big blokes starting in the centre square killed them in the 2nd half. Priddis and cousins ran riot!!

Yeah I have to agree mate.....The West Coast look average at best, their disposal was SHOCKING and it has been like that all year. Too many turnovers make this team no chance in the finals race but I am just happy they won.

Did you know West Coast is 16th (last) in the League for kicking to targets ?

Nick Riewoldt proved I would never have him on my team - cannot kick a goal when it matters - had a chance to bring them within a kick... but sprayed it.

He does it every time.

A person who demands the ball and cannot finish is a liability to a team- ie Richo (as much as we love his heart). Feel sorry for Saints fans.

For a second there I thought you meant me (lol) then I realised you were talking about the Richo from Richmond :D

yeah its best to put up a game thread title and not hinting at the result when games are delayed on TV Richo.

with only a few pts diff I would of been pissed to read this at half or three quarter time just browsing thread titles.

And not wrong about hitting targets and a few sides would of looked at what tackling pressure did to the Eagles in the first half.

One question but?

Guess they thought 1 of their big blokes were as good as Cox. The eagles started the game with Cox and Seaby in the middle and the Saints apparently 'were put off by this'. Must have tried the same, but failed.

Agreed with Riewolt. Star player, but like Chris Grant, does all his best work with the pressure off.

yeah its best to put up a game thread title and not hinting at the result when games are delayed on TV Richo.

with only a few pts diff I would of been pissed to read this at half or three quarter time just browsing thread titles.

And not wrong about hitting targets and a few sides would of looked at what tackling pressure did to the Eagles in the first half.

No problems.....will make sure I do that next time :)

I was just excited about the win....;)

Exactly what happened to me, i hit New Posts and see that 5 mins into the third quarter :mad:

Exactly what happened to me, i hit New Posts and see that 5 mins into the third quarter :mad:

So do I need to apologise everytime someone has a whinge ???

I already said I was sorry and explained I was just excited.......how many times do I need to say sorry ???

That being said at least you didn't have to waste the rest of your night and watch the last quarter (tic) :p

So do I need to apologise everytime someone has a whinge ???

I already said I was sorry and explained I was just excited.......how many times do I need to say sorry ???

That being said at least you didn't have to waste the rest of your night and watch the last quarter (tic) :p

Did i say you needed to apoligise?

Did i say you needed to apoligise?

Nope :) I just wanted to point out all whinging regarding my post was pointless because I had already apologised and said it would happen again - But feel free to whine some more if it make you feel better :D

Getting back onto the subject at hand, here is a write up on the game from www.afl.com.au

THE SAINTS gave their all only to fall desperately short in a thriller against West Coast on Friday night and Sam Fisher didn’t hide his disappointment after the match.

“It’s pretty shattering really,” Fisher said after St Kilda’s finals destiny was yanked from its grasp. “There’s not much more that you can say; I think the whole group’s pretty shattered.”

But despite his obvious displeasure with the result, Fisher vowed the team would continue fighting until all hope was gone.

“We can’t control what the other sides do,” he said, “but obviously we’ve still got another game next week to look forward to and we’ve got to reset our focus again for next week and come out just as hard and tough as we did against the Eagles.

“We can only put in a good performance against Richmond and hope that the other results go our way.”

The Saints put on a blistering first quarter that saw them lead a clearly rattled Eagles’ side by 28 points at the first break and Fisher said it felt like his teammates were operating at a level rarely seen this season.

“We got off to a good start and our pressure and our tackling and all those things that we pride ourselves on was just great all night, I thought, from the whole group,” he said.

“I reckon that was the best pressure and tackling and one-on-one footy that we’ve played all year and the boys were really on.

“There were some turnover goals that cost us in the end and, in the second and third quarters, we overused the ball a bit with handball and turned it over.

“West Coast are obviously a good side, they’ve been a benchmark side over the last few years, so we knew they were going to keep coming and they were just too good in the end.”

While unhappy not to control their own destiny, Fisher conceded the side had made huge leaps forward in the first year of Ross Lyon’s tenure at the club.

“No doubt we’ve come a long way as a group since the start of the year,” he said.

“That’s what’s ended up costing us is that slow start to the year; it’s the reason why we’re in the position that we’re in now.

“But we got it together and the group’s come a long way in the last half of the year. We rejigged a few things before the West Coast game over at Subiaco, that’s held us in good stead, and we’ve been in pretty much every game since then.”

Back
Top Bottom