Official NBL 2014/15 Season Thread

def signed with Adelaide confirmed by owner yesterday in our chat, and on a multi year deal, that's DJ and Brock for Multiple years now. couldn't go anywhere else anyway Adelaide released him with a year on contract and in that contract there was a clause (bradtke Clause) couldn't play for another nbl team until his contract period would have expired
plus he loves Adelaide and has a great relationship with the owner which also helps

If DJ and Brock return next season, where does that leave Petrie and Schenscher? I assume Schenscher wont be re-signed and Petrie will come off the bench.

Could be interesting if Brisbane return next season too (although that is surely unlikely now).

Peach to lead Brisbane scensch will remain at 32 and looking to settle perm back in Adelaide

Brisbane a lock, cals been contacting u contracted players already

Yeah I thought Petrie and Gibson might be keen to head to Brisbane.

The NBL might want to announce something pretty soon regarding Brisbane.

Wildcats Heritage Jersey. Awesome!

f9mqnd.jpg

Yeah $150 is ridiculous. Such a sweet looking jersey though. By far the best the Wildcats have ever had. 1995 was an awesome year.

thats steep, 36ers heritage where 80 and sold out straight away,

Gibbo goes where Joey Goes, Joey is contracted still at Adelaide, and in talks for and extension already which was instigated by Joey not the club

Brisbane already have there coach and will be announced when NBL announce Brisbane are back (late feb early March and will happen) cant say who coach is other then they have won an NBL Title
can confirm Cal Bruton is part of the management team and more so in securing the roster ahead of season which he has already begun doing with those players currently not in NBL

next we wait to here about 2nd melb side, where at this stage the old south east magic area is winning in the race, not the dragons bid as most people think, nbl want a "heartland" melb team
not another city side, so i would expect a semi regional venue, bendigo is being talked about alot

I know CJ Bruton is on the coaching panel. Haven't heard anything yet about Cal being involved.

Rumour is Brisbane will be owned by Paul Bendat, who is the son of Wildcats owner Jack Bendat.

There is an agreement in place with scensch , he was offers long term this year but both party dec due to points rating (nbl wouldn't budge) he would still be 9 on it as it was an extension but after this season given his age and non starter he will be a 7 , I expect a 4 (3+1)year teared contract 80k a year

Gibbo is on really good coin plus sponsorship (200k + sponsorship) only reason he will leave is family he loves joey and joey loves him

I expect peach and teys to go to brisvegas , peach is rumoured captain

I wouldn't be supprised to see carter back (wife still resides here)

Jamar qualifies as an Aussie in July as well
Leaving 2 import spots or you go 1 import and load up on another Aussie

Gibbo (10)/ import (10)
Jamar (8)* / carter (5) daly (1)
Creek (3)**/ import (8)*** PC (5)*
Motum (marq) / BJ (3) (clubs committed)
DJ (7) **/ scensch (7)*

* re rated
** eligible for loyalty 2pts deducted
*** budget import seabl are between 7-9 pts

Off course all depends on peach and teys
But my understanding is peach is a lock for bris and teys is 50/50

Updated post with player points from nblpa

Last edited:
There is an agreement in place with scensch , he was offers long term this year but both party dec due to points rating (nbl wouldn't budge) he would still be 9 on it as it was an extension but after this season given his age and non starter he will be a 7 , I expect a 4 (3+1)year teared contract 80k a year

Gibbo is on really good coin plus sponsorship (200k + sponsorship) only reason he will leave is family he loves joey and joey loves him

I expect peach and teys to go to brisvegas , peach is rumoured captain

I wouldn't be supprised to see carter back (wife still resides here)

Jamar qualifies as an Aussie in July as well
Leaving 2 import spots

Gibbo / import
Jamar / carter / daly
Creek / import / PC
Motum / DJ / BJ (clubs committed)
DJ / scensch

Off course all depends on peach and teys
But my understanding is peach is a lock for bris and teys is 50/50

Nah Schensh would need to take a decent paycut to stay. As much as I like Schensh I think he will go. Only reason he'll stay is if he cant get bigger money elsewhere. Gibbo is on good coin here but would see him get that anywhere if not more.

Peach would leave but have heard from he quite enjoys it here, Teys will stay he was part of the reason Motum came, both played juniors together and Motum had the relationship with Joey too.
We need to keep Jamar no matter what has been very good for us.

PC is gone.

You wont get all that in the points cap mate. DJ, Motum and Gibbo are all 10's and Wilson is a 9. Add 2 imports at 10 each and you are already at 59 with only 6 players.

There's no way you'd get that under the salary cap either.

Back
Top Bottom