Lebron 33pts 10reb
Klay 39pts 7reb
Curry 29pts 7reb 10ast
PG 33pts 8reb 6ast
Thad 20pts 12reb 5ast
Durant 32pts 10reb 6ast
Cousins 23pts 12reb 6ast
Rondo 17pts 7reb 13ast

Charlotte Hornets center Al Jefferson has been suspended five games by the NBA after a violation of the league's anti-drug program.

Devin Kharpertian of TheBrooklynGame.com reported Wednesday the NBA announced Jefferson's suspension. Per Hot Hot Hoops on Twitter, since Jefferson is currently injured, he will begin serving his suspension during the next game "he is eligible and physically able to play."

Jefferson has appeared in 17 games for the Hornets this season, averaging 13.7 points and 6.4 rebounds per game. He injured his calf in a game against the Milwaukee Bucks on Nov. 29, and that isexpected to keep him out for at least two weeks.

All this hack a crap bullcrap is ridiculous. What a dumb rule. It's so bad for the flow and pace of the game and makes for some horrible viewing. The Houston and clippers match was painful.

i really dont like it but honestly how hard is it to hit free throws, there is no excuse for guys being paid 15-20 million dollars a year to not be able to hit at least 70%

I think that there should be simply no intentional off-the-ball fouling. I'm fine with teams deliberately fouling when the player is underneath the rim and could have a dunk/layup attempt. But deliberate off the ball fouls are stupid. At least the team has a chance to keep the game flow going by running their offense through other players and keep the player in for defensive purposes.

How are they rewarding people for not hitting free throws?

If deandre could hit free throws he wouldn't get hacked. So by changing the rules they are protecting the players who cannot do a fundamental part of the game. Its not stupid anyway its a strategy which is used to win the game which is the goal for every team, to win.

If deandre could hit free throws he wouldn't get hacked. So by changing the rules they are protecting the players who cannot do a fundamental part of the game. Its not stupid anyway its a strategy which is used to win the game which is the goal for every team, to win.
As Jeff van Gundy pointed out, the 76ers could foul every single time down the court until every one of the players have got 6 fouls, and the 5 players chosen to be on the floor could keep fouling until the end of the game without fouling out as you need 5 players on the court at any time. You would still argue that the rules didn't need to change if that happens on a regular basis? Before the invention of the 24 second shot clock, teams could hold the ball for 4 quarters after scoring the opening basket to win the game and you would argue that's within the rules to win games? There's a multitude of reasons that rules change and evolve, and just because the rule exists now, doesn't mean that it should just be accepted and not challenged. It's a rule that needs to be addressed and by the growing amount of voices advocating against it, it will happen sooner rather than later.

I think they're going to lean towards making the game time shorter (and more exciting as a by-product when removing the hackathons. Last thing we need are NFL length games.

Would be a boring game but its a strategy to win which is what the goal is. A lot of the voices against it are coaches who have players who cant hit free throws aka doc rivers. I dont hear pop complaining about it

The strategy of a coach is to win games, which is why they exploit it. The strategy of the NBA as a consumer brand is to generate revenue and boost viewership which is why there has been a shift away from the defensive rules in the 80's and 90's to allow higher octane offense which is more exciting as a spectator to watch. BTW, pop loathes, admits that nobody likes it but only uses it because the rules exist http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ntonio-spurs-hates-hack-shaq-fouling-strategy

i would hate to see a rule change to pander to players who can't make the most basic of shots in the game, but adam silver is a bit of a pushover so i wouldnt be surprised to see something happen here

as for rule changes that people think have made the game more exciting, personally i disagree, nothing worse than seeing a guy being touched on the hand and getting free throws. physical ball is entertaining ball.

Back
Top Bottom