NRL cards - 2009 series 2?

Would like to see some subsets like the following

*Dominator Jersey Card Sub-Set (80 Card set)
- Breaks down into 5 card sections for each club.
- Hitup Merchant
- Tackle Machine
- Chief Playmaker / MVP
- Top Pointscorer
- Rookie

*Captain Signature Series (16 Cards)
*SOO Gladiator Sketch Set (20 Card set with 10 greats from each state as part of the set)
*Case Cards would be a 2009 Signature Captains SOO set.

I know they won't do it, but i'd love to see 2 kinds of boxes released - 1 kind of box has 36 packs per box, 9 or 10 cards in each, RRP $1/pack. The differences with this kind of box, is it would be affordable to kids, and would have no inserts or parallels of any kind - all base, which is exactly how the cards were during the Scanlens years. The second kind of box would be the kind they've relelased over the last 10 years - with all the inserts and autos and parallels, at the regular $5 per pack price. It'd be great to get the young kids back into collecting cards again, and this is the best way to do it. In my opinion, inserts killed the hobby during the 90's, because prices per pack went up about 1000% based on the possibility of getting one, and it's not like it's impossible to go back to the good old days. Select, heed my call! Produce boxes for kids!!!!

Nick J

I'd also like to see 2 full pages of commons for each team. Most people end up with a whole heap of extra commons so why not just put in more. If they had 1 team logo card or coach card and 17 player cards it would make the sets look alot better when in sleaves and also it's pretty much the right number for a league set with 17 players running around per team each weekend.

Id have some rep player inserts, a coach card, game used memorabilia card, a couple of past player signatures and maybe a MEMORABLE TRY or PIVITAL MOMENT card, something that changed a game or a classic try during a game.

Firstly, Game used/Relic/Memorabillia whatever you wanna call them are an industry standard now. To not have them is simply behind the times. I agree with everyone's comments really, the two box idea is good as kids just want commons really and Tap's idea about two pages of commons is good, i hate extra sleeve space when they only release a set of 12.

Rookie for each club AUTO's or/and GU
Captain for each club AUTO or/and GU
MVP for each club AUTO and/or GU
Etc etc.

Of course you'll have your rep and SOO stuff but that doesn't really do it for me. Someone mentioned classic moments and such, great idea. Never really been done before as i recall. Anyway just my two cents.

Someone mentioned classic moments and such, great idea. Never really been done before as i recall. Anyway just my two cents.

Dynamic did a few subsets like that back in the day. Quite a good way of looking back at the season!

18 regular cards for each team would be brilliant!!!

Game used is a must.

why cant thay make a pack called the kids pack that is $1.00 a pack but with chase card odds
die cut 1 in 3 packs
foil sig 1 in 15packs
sketch 1 in 22 packs
gem 1 in 45 packs
d trouble 1 in 540 packs
so thay can sell the packs for $1.00

I reckon they should just keep the normal champions series for ppl who just wanna collect gems/sketches etc... And for 2nd series introduce more numbered inserts and ESPECIALLY introduce GU cards. What would be even more sick would be to introduce a high end series like with only 10 packs and have 2 autos and a GU per box for like $185 that would be sweet. Select definitely need to number more things and maybe bring more higher end product into the hobby... I would just love it if Select brought in GU cards this year but the only thing they need to be careful about is the rareness of them... eg. last time they did GU they were redemptions like 1 in 218 or whatever.... If they had just 1 per box that would be perfect...:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom