NRL 2016 ESP Elite Official Thread (Checklist Up Pg 36)

ElijahCraigHyde

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jarrah
Must say I am dying for the time the 2016 Elite sell sheet comes out and I am anticipating the best ESP Elite series yet to come however a lot of work and consideration needs to be done to keep me interested in collecting cards of the series for I have skipped the 2015 Traders, 2015 Elite and 2016 Traders. My next post will comprise a revised mock-sell-sheet based on a 2016 Elite I'd personally most like to see and would be interesting to see if there's anyone with me. To sum up for the time being, a lot of work needs to be done by ESP should the Elite price for this year remain $9 per pack. In other words, 2015 Elite would have been a lot more collectible had it remained $6 per pack. Thank god I never bought a Mojo set for close to $1000 when buyers nowadays have been struggling to sell one on eBay to scrape one set for as little as $200 at times hence not to mention gold RF signature cards for initial RRP value of $900 selling as little as $90 at times and the unsigned silver versions of same inset with initial RRP value of $400 selling as little as $30 at times.

Yeah I know this series is still a while away but interesting to hear other people's posts and ideas and the time progresses towards August.

Half the big resellers wont touch it after being screwed over last year.

Should be a fun release.

After last years debacle they have to put in a huge effort to win back some trust. The price won't change so here are a few thing they need to improve straight up;

No blue market on autos. The YG autos looked terrible.

Bring back LS signatures. I know this makes it more difficult for master set collectors (do they still exist?) but need more bang for buck

Keep mojo set, different images to base and parallels and via redemption

Out of curiosity, what happened with ESP last year?

Always have seemed like a great company...

They stuffed up big time.
  • $9 per pack
  • Removed an entire signature set = less value (League Sensations).
  • Introduced a MOJO set that would have been better served as one per box hits to add some longevity into the set.
  • Pissed off a heap of second tier sellers.....major resellers were able to sell below what the second tier sellers could buy the boxes for......one of these would have been in for 20 cases and didn't bother.
  • One major reseller basically went broke with his order.
  • They cant get the right pens to sign signatures with.
  • Designs on the better cards (signatures) were ordinary.
  • Game used set featured minute pieces of match worn jerseys.....Moylans jersey wasnt even "worn" in the game thats mentioned on the card.
Did i miss anything?

• $9 per pack
  • Introduced a MOJO set that would have been better served as one per box hits to add some longevity into the set.
  • Pissed off a heap of second tier sellers.....major resellers were able to sell below what the second tier sellers could buy the boxes for......one of these would have been in for 20 cases and didn't bother.
  • Game used set featured minute pieces of match worn jerseys.....Moylans jersey wasnt even "worn" in the game thats mentioned on the card.
Did i miss anything?
way to many parallels.

• $9 per pack
Did i miss anything?

Poor player selection on the jersey cards at least in the case of corey thompson anyway. It still amazes me that he has one of the most limited print run cards and couldn't crack the first grade side regularly.

I would love to see a Dual Sig - Father/Son or Uncle/Son. I have been saying this for years and don't think it would happen but could you imagine say:-

Raiders - Jason Croker/Lachlan Croker
Sharks - Matt Rogers/Jack Rogers
Roosters - Kevin Hastings/Jackson Hastings
Cowboys - Matt Bowen/ Javid Bowen

to name a few

Past & Present dual auto theme

Awesome!

Webke / McGuire

Walters / Hodgson

Lamb / Reynolds

Mcgaw / Bird

Prince / Elgey

O'connor / Trbojevic

Lazurus / Bromwich

Harragon / Sims

Sing / Winterstein

Kenny / Norman

Cartwright / Cartwright

Sattler / Burgess

Coyne / Aitken

Lam / Hastings

Jones / Johnson

Jack / Tedesco

MY IDEAL 2016 ELITE (Mock-sell-sheet)

Commons (144)
This common base set still a nine-full pocket style set but this time printed on a color applicable to each team rather than plain gray for all. Therefore, the common base set might speak for itself a little more unlike previous series since 2013.

Box-hit insets

Auckland Nines (144); 1:2 packs
A set like this to replace usual low-end parallels. Each player different to the common base cards.

Elite Silvers (80); 1:4 packs
This set to depict five of the nine players from the common base set however this time with the following:
*Different photos wherever possible
*Different design format to common, i.e. printed on silver board not to cheesy looking
*Interesting trivia stats on rear of card, therefore different rear profile to commons

Elite Golds (64); 1:6 packs
This set to depict four of the nine players from the common base set, excluded from the Silvers. In fact same design and format to Elite Silvers except the silver components to be gold implied instead, not to mention all different players to the ES therefore attracting more interest to collectors as if there would be one parallel set yet interesting still in terms of 5 common players depicted for silver and the remaining 4 depicted for gold.

Young Gun Black (48); 1:12 packs
Yes, the unsigned version of YG to return to 2016 with the following hopefully improved conditions:
*3 players per club, each card individually numbered to 260
*Holy-foil NRL clip on rear of each card as if a high-end.
*Printed on black board irrespective of club colors though panels to appear denoting each club depiction

Young Gun Gold (32); 1:24 packs
For the first time, one YG signature card to appear in every box with the following hopefully improved conditions:
*2 players per club, each card individually numbered to 195
*Holy-foil NRL clip on rear of each card as usual
*Printed on gold foil board allowing room for the signature panel and lets say back to the good-old-black ink!

Then 1 Case-hit card per box;
Case-hit insets

League Sensations (16); 1:72 packs
LS cards to be reinstated this year replacing the YGS hit ration slot. All 16 players different to 2013 and 2014 Elite series and probably SAS series wherever possible. As usual, individually numbered to 130 and lets assume back to good-old-black ink!

Mojo Redemption -- PEARL (16); 1:72 packs
A redemption card to appear in 3:10 boxes minus an LS Signature. Each card individually numbered to 130 and will redeem a nine-card holy foil team set depicting the same players from the commons with the following differences:
*Third lot of photos different to common base as well as Elite Silver and Gold sets
*Different background comprising an eye-catching electric pale blue foil background (replicating a pearl, a ranking just below ruby being the original mojo pack color)
*Each team-set simultaneously and individually numbered to 130 in sync to original serial number of pulled redemption card
*Holy-foil NRL clip on rear of each card as usual plus photos repeating on rear to a smaller scale implied with a large club logo, therefore refer to lower-end sets for profiles and stats

Young Gun Platinum (16); 1:168 packs
This inset to replace the All Star set from 2015 Elite with following traits
*1 player per club, (perhaps one left out from lower-end signature?), each card individually numbered to 65.
*Holy-foil NRL clip on rear of each card as usual and signatures to be in different color to black if proven to be pulled off well
*Printed on silver foil board, replicating platinum allowing room for the signature panel and lets say black ink if blue or green proven unsuitable

Mojo Pack -- RUBY (16); 1:237 packs
Same as pearl mojo set but again, this hit-ratio version to be pulled straight from pack like last year with following traits
*Third lot of photos different to common base as well as Elite Silver and Gold sets though same as Pearl set
*Same background as Pearl set except this time an eye-catching ruby red foil background (replicating a ruby and YES at least different to commons and silver and gold depictions)
*Each team-set simultaneously and individually numbered to 40
*Holy-foil NRL clip on rear of each card as usual plus photos repeating on rear to a smaller scale implied with a large club logo, therefore refer to lower-end sets for profiles and stats

League Sensation Special (8); 1:240 packs
This set based on the LS signature series however this version unsigned, placed by a jersey patch and restricted to LS signatures whom played finals in 2015. This set arguable equivalent to last years' Road to Finals jersey cards however all 8 finalist players to be of higher profile than last years' four depictions. Each card individually numbered to 75.

League Sensation Special Parallel (8); 1:720 packs
Exactly the same as above with different background color and individually numbered to 25.

Thats got 3 ideas, with like 10 insert variations. Do you love parallels or smth?

Back
Top Bottom