No more autographed items authenticated by smaller companies.

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
From now on we are not allowing the sale of autographed 8X10 etcs of players, movie stars etc that even though come with certificates there are still good doubts over or are just plainly fake to start with.

I've pulled a few of these threads in the last month and will continue to do so and anyone that continually posts threads will be banned.

Items that are UD authenticated, psa/dna, Gai cert etc with all the documentation and online verification is exempt to this rule.

If you want to sell this stuff then eBay is your friend :thumbsup:

We simply want this to be a safe site for all members to buy and trade on and when what they are buying may not be real and doubt exists then it becomes our business and even responsibilty to protect them and ourselves.

Other items will be assesed if they pop up and dont be offended if we close those threads too. Too many cheap knock off these days and this isn't the place to sell them really.

Fair call!

I assume in the same vein as the UD Authentication if it has NRL or AFL Authentication then it would be OK - Correct?

Regards

Yup thats correct. But a cert from Joe Blow saying its real isn't. I've heard many stories of stores actually paying athletes for siging sessions. Say they get 100 jerseys done and take photos of them doing so. The store then signs another 100 themselves and provides certificates etc making it hard to tell which ones were the original authentic 100. It does happen as its a lucrative business especially when they charge more do to them supposedly having a good reputation and high price.

And when players, teams, leagues have exclusive deals and the item doesn't come from the company with the deal then just how can we expect to think its real. When doubt exists, the for sale thread doesn't. Simple

There is an old saying, certificates of authenticty (outside of the major companies) arent usually worth the paper they are printed on!

Thats one nice info!!! :thumbsup:

Does ebay have this link on their website? I think it will be a good idea if they have it so it can be shown to potential victims that these fraudsters are out there... I saw so many NBA cards sold on ebay saying that their cards were signed in person. I saw a few MJ cards last couple of years sold on ebay Australia for over $100 each and they were not UD authenticated...:(

And what about those cut signatures that UD used? Are they really authentic? There was a thread here about this a couple of years ago right?

BTW Welcome back OZ!!! :lol:

And what about those cut signatures that UD used? Are they really authentic? There was a thread here about this a couple of years ago right?

Well, if they are found to not be authentic, then it would be time to sue UD! They would have to be liable for the authenticity of those products (president/celebrity/star cut autos).

Its been done in UD baseball where they had egg on their face after deceased HOF'er baseballer sigs were deemed to be fake. And this is after the card exchanged hands for tens of thousands of US from memory.

WOW !!!

A VERY interesting video!

Looks like Upper Deck can't even be trusted :(

Glad all my Auto's are authenticated by Cricket Australia or the AFL :)

Hey guys will my Through the Mail Autos be right to trade here?

I have been collecting for many years and some of my deals include these TTM signed cards. I do not issue COA's and always let the person I am trading with know how the autos were aquired....

thanks

Back
Top Bottom