nick_wrx / justdabestcards

yellows2k said:
i know a lot of brazilians that come to australia

Really? Any hot ones? Like the ones I found on Morpheus? Dude we is homies. My friends are your friends. :cool: Let's talk more.

Shoes said:
go work at mcdonalds

Good luck if you're over 18.

I had a friend that used to work for them from age of 15, and got regular amount of shifts. Once he turned 18, he suddenly found most of his shifts disappeared. Technically McDonalds didn't fire him, but who can survive on 1 or 2 shifts a week???

Same goes for most hospitality venues and fast food joints.

thats the standard procedure for most retail food outlets, or retail in general where high school students r exploited, nothing new there.
the point is, dont try and use mcdonalds as the reason for the problems, working at mcdonalds should be the stepping stone for another job, once u turn 18, if u have left school and dont plan on further study, look at something else, perhaps look for work at a more mature area, say bunnings, or a trade related retail outlet such as a building supply place, the point is, these businesses tend to hire more mature people as they should convey to the employers that they r looking to hang around, rather than being transitory like a mcdonalds.
as far as aj, i didnt know she was a girl, i assumed she was a guy, anyway, im sorry for ur physical problems, whatever they were caused by, but i guess they should have been looked at when u were younger and remedied then, i hurt my shoulder, i went to a physio, simple.
as far as being a women goes, and being a little more mature (in ur case, im thinking 20's), then unless ur hideous, then most retails outlets would hire u if u can convey a level of decency and general courtesy.
one thing that gets me is why have so many people floated through life and managed to not acquire any skills, who do they blame, themselves or the system.
if u r out of shape, then get in shape, if u look like a slob, clean yourself up, no one can help u but yourself, take the initiative.

jimmy, brother, u would not believe the amount of brazilian rotties (its an inside joke, ill tell u later) that i see. im going to brazil- rio de janeiro, in july to compete in the brazilian jiu jitsu mundials (world championships), and it will be wall to wall my friend.
everything that u see on teh internet about brazilian chicks is true, except the trannies, unless thats ur thing. but then again, some r pretty hot......wait, no, i didnt say that.

oh and another thing aj, i dont even know why im calling u that, someone else did, so i might as well, then again, i dont know u as u said, so another thing wolves34jr, from ur post, u come across as being very defensive and offended by my post, it reminded me of how, for a lack of a better term, bogans react when they are being insulted, or rather, they r being told reality, as opposed to their reality.
and before u spout off about me not knowing u, by your very actions where u complan about being sacked and how ur the victim, and how u cant get this or cant get that, it paints a very clear picture or who u r.
so although i may not know who u really r, i think i have a pretty good picture of the type of person that u may be.
u may ask how i can do this, well, lets just say that living and growing up in newcastle, owning businesses there, i have dealt with the various social "elite" that comes through, and they have pretty much the same ideology and viewpoint that u have. they share the same mentality that the system is out to get them, they share the same idea that because they r disabled in some way, they can use it as an excuse, they share the same idea that being a particular sex means that they r disadvantaged, they share the same idea that .......u might get the picture.
so u can say that my experiences have allowed me to get a great insight into the typical dole bludger mentality, how when it comes to pension day, they choose to spend it on unncessary luxuries rather than necessities.
ask urself this, why would someone that doesnt have a job, pursue a hobby that in itself is a luxury. perhaps u enjoy it, perhaps u feel u can make money from it.
but really, isnt ur time better spent bettering urself, rather than spending all ur time on the internet, racking up hundreds, even thousands of posts.
but i shall step back, because im sure trey has amazing stories about the true battlers in our society.
also, this isnt supposed to be a personal attack, rather an observation, that i choose to share openly. and hopefully, u might take it upon urself to evaluate why, why i would do this. or u could take the opportunity to reply with further hate, aggression and more defensive excuses. its up to u

Yellows, that post is a little heavy mate. How can you expect AJ to not reply with aggression? I would probably reply with a shovel to your head. :D

Then again, it aint my battle, and I'm too lazy to give it the response it warrants ------ so I'll leave ya all to it.

yellows2k said:
jimmy, brother, u would not believe the amount of brazilian rotties (its an inside joke, ill tell u later) that i see. im going to brazil- rio de janeiro, in july to compete in the brazilian jiu jitsu mundials (world championships), and it will be wall to wall my friend.
everything that u see on teh internet about brazilian chicks is true, except the trannies, unless thats ur thing. but then again, some r pretty hot......wait, no, i didnt say that.

Rotties? Sounds scary. :rolleyes:

jiu jitsu mundials - would like to hear more about this! If you have a chance, post up a little something for us in general discussions. There's a few of us with an interest.

yellows2k said:
oh and another thing aj, i dont even know why im calling u that, someone else did, so i might as well, then again, i dont know u as u said, so another thing wolves34jr, from ur post, u come across as being very defensive and offended by my post, it reminded me of how, for a lack of a better term, bogans react when they are being insulted, or rather, they r being told reality, as opposed to their reality.
and before u spout off about me not knowing u, by your very actions where u complan about being sacked and how ur the victim, and how u cant get this or cant get that, it paints a very clear picture or who u r.
so although i may not know who u really r, i think i have a pretty good picture of the type of person that u may be.
u may ask how i can do this, well, lets just say that living and growing up in newcastle, owning businesses there, i have dealt with the various social "elite" that comes through, and they have pretty much the same ideology and viewpoint that u have. they share the same mentality that the system is out to get them, they share the same idea that because they r disabled in some way, they can use it as an excuse, they share the same idea that being a particular sex means that they r disadvantaged, they share the same idea that .......u might get the picture.
so u can say that my experiences have allowed me to get a great insight into the typical dole bludger mentality, how when it comes to pension day, they choose to spend it on unncessary luxuries rather than necessities.
ask urself this, why would someone that doesnt have a job, pursue a hobby that in itself is a luxury. perhaps u enjoy it, perhaps u feel u can make money from it.
but really, isnt ur time better spent bettering urself, rather than spending all ur time on the internet, racking up hundreds, even thousands of posts.
but i shall step back, because im sure trey has amazing stories about the true battlers in our society.
also, this isnt supposed to be a personal attack, rather an observation, that i choose to share openly. and hopefully, u might take it upon urself to evaluate why, why i would do this. or u could take the opportunity to reply with further hate, aggression and more defensive excuses. its up to u

There was no hate in my initial response, there was disdain I was perturbed.

Where did I say I was a victim? I was sacked, it happens. It changes ones circumstances - doesn't make me a victim of anything other than circumstances.

The system is not out to get me. Since when is telling you the facts of where I live, Launceston, a SMALL town (well its a city, but its small) equating to "woe is me the system is out to get me"?

Nor did I ever say I was disabled, I'm quite abled, but my back does play up after maybe 30 minutes of lifting work etcetera - just ruling out those sort of jobs you were taalking about when I responded. But that is neither here nor there. If I was using it as an excuse I'd sit back and just take what the Government gave me without even trying. But I don't do that, so really, your argument is flawed by this point.

Don't compare me to a dole bludger who spends all there money on luxuries.

My money goes to Rent first, electricity/phone second, food third. Until a fortnight ago I had a job, I was using my extra income to buy cards. Only major purchases I am making I am still paying off as deals I arranged WHEN I had a job. Otherwise everything else are trades or the odd small $5 - $10 purchase.

And mate, I'm hardly pursuing this hobby right now. I am meeting my obligations based on past deals I entered into. So guess what you really don't know me. Because if you paid any attention to this board you would know I have even contemplated selling most of my cards due to current circumstances.

I hardly spend all of my time on the internet, and what time I do I multitask, its called online jobsites. It's called submitting resumes online and applying for jobs online. If you don't believe me just ask MattyJ who I was talking to while I was doing that YESTERDAY!!

I'm sure trey would love to deal with me as a jobseeker.... due to my genuine desire to find work. I know my current jobworker says I am one of the better people she sees and she mentions people that never show up to interviews etcetera. I always show up.

The only elitist I see is you.

Just an FYI.... this was written with a clear considerate head, not some angry defensive response you accused me of last time. But in the end, you can think what you like of me. People who know me, know better than to think you are even close to knowing me.

Oh and I wouldn't say I was doing nothing about it either....

since I volunteer down at a community radio station in an attempt to gain some valuable experience to move into the radio field (following on from studies at Launceston College).

I spent two years writing opinion columns for the Hawthorn website voluntarily for the experience.

And as soon as the course starts at the end of July I'll be undertaking a certificate II in call centre work at TAFE.

So I don't even throw all my eggs in the one basket. Really you think you know what I may be like? I think not.

But hey, thanks for the entertainment. It really was nice seeing someone who has never spoken to me, assume the worst of me. Really nice. Thanks for that. If anything it shows us what you are like, but that's not my place to detail because I do not know you, I cannot judge you. Thanks again!

AJ, i feel for your situation. And i believe that everyone here that is in a better situation is jumping on your back unjustified.

In saying that, as i have mentioned in past posts...if you are looking for a job in radio, i could probably get you one in rocky, QLD. If you are willing to make sacrifices (ie. moving, change of lifestyle etc) then work will come. Maybe it is just a matter of looking outside the square.

Alternitivley, i had a very similar conversation to this one with a guy in my footy team. He is out of work and it is creating all sorts of problems for his relationship etc. I said, why not just get any job (maccas, trolley boy etc),but he was too proud to go for a position like that. I think that is crap.

There are times when you need to swallow your pride, and do what is best for your life!!!

fair enough, i retract my statement. good luck with ur search

ill put up a post about brazilian jiu jitsu for those interested. otherwise, go to mma.tv for all ur martial arts and off topic material.

DVS said:
AJ, i feel for your situation. And i believe that everyone here that is in a better situation is jumping on your back unjustified.

In saying that, as i have mentioned in past posts...if you are looking for a job in radio, i could probably get you one in rocky, QLD. If you are willing to make sacrifices (ie. moving, change of lifestyle etc) then work will come. Maybe it is just a matter of looking outside the square.

Alternitivley, i had a very similar conversation to this one with a guy in my footy team. He is out of work and it is creating all sorts of problems for his relationship etc. I said, why not just get any job (maccas, trolley boy etc),but he was too proud to go for a position like that. I think that is crap.

There are times when you need to swallow your pride, and do what is best for your life!!!

Hey mate for sure... I'm hoping to have work before my lease expires in November.... but if I do not a month beforehand I will definitely be broadening my search. At this point with a lease that requires me to payout if I leave early (or continue paying until they find a suitable replacement - and this place is kinda a dive lol) relocation is not an option. I am optimistic enough to keep trying for stuff in and around where I live - otherwise I risk a bigger financial burden.

I'm not too proud (not saying you were necessarily implying I was just giving some insight) let me tell you a little bit about the job I did for the last two years.

I would work from 6am until just after 6pm. If I was lucky, I would get paid 12 hours a week when I effectively was at one point doing 12 hours a day. The reason being I was paid for each little segment I monitored. Nevermind all the extra work that went into it day in day out.... and at one point I was REQUIRED to sit at my computer during the off periods (like the three hour block between 9am and midday where no monitoring was required) incase a sale came up and required processing. Granted if I processed a sale I got $8. Very rarely did I get to process enough sales to make up for all the hours in the day I had to sit there or be fired.

So nope, not too proud. That job stressed me out to no end and the conditions were sucky the wages sucky.... but I stuck at it for two years.

So pride is no real issue... I'd take any job where you got paid for the hours you did.... even if it was a shitty $10 - $12 an hour. But I do have some ambition, and I don't think taking a dead end job is the go either, though I am not adverse to temporarily taking a dead end job for some more experience and a referee if I was lucky - hence why I apply for everything and anything.

And Yellow mate... listen I do agree with some of your views regarding some people out there that just sit around not even trying to get work. I'm just not one of them eh.

Cheers.

wolvesjr34 said:
Hey mate for sure... I'm hoping to have work before my lease expires in November.... but if I do not a month beforehand I will definitely be broadening my search. At this point with a lease that requires me to payout if I leave early (or continue paying until they find a suitable replacement - and this place is kinda a dive lol) relocation is not an option. I am optimistic enough to keep trying for stuff in and around where I live - otherwise I risk a bigger financial burden.

I'm not too proud (not saying you were necessarily implying I was just giving some insight) let me tell you a little bit about the job I did for the last two years.

I would work from 6am until just after 6pm. If I was lucky, I would get paid 12 hours a week when I effectively was at one point doing 12 hours a day. The reason being I was paid for each little segment I monitored. Nevermind all the extra work that went into it day in day out.... and at one point I was REQUIRED to sit at my computer during the off periods (like the three hour block between 9am and midday where no monitoring was required) incase a sale came up and required processing. Granted if I processed a sale I got $8. Very rarely did I get to process enough sales to make up for all the hours in the day I had to sit there or be fired.

So nope, not too proud. That job stressed me out to no end and the conditions were sucky the wages sucky.... but I stuck at it for two years.

So pride is no real issue... I'd take any job where you got paid for the hours you did.... even if it was a shitty $10 - $12 an hour. But I do have some ambition, and I don't think taking a dead end job is the go either, though I am not adverse to temporarily taking a dead end job for some more experience and a referee if I was lucky - hence why I apply for everything and anything.

And Yellow mate... listen I do agree with some of your views regarding some people out there that just sit around not even trying to get work. I'm just not one of them eh.

Cheers.
Well you know where to ask if you havent found anything by November!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom