Next Aussie Star???

Magicman

Banned User
Real Name
Kyle Redenbach
eBay User
hotshot1717
Hey guys was just reading this nice little article here, this kid sounds like he can play.

Nathan Jawai thinking of next year - Jan. 11, 2006 - by Gauthier Gerard

The future spells in bold letters for Nathan Jawai (207-C-86). Which ones: NCAA or NBL? Nineteen-year-old Jawai has been training with the Cairns Taipans over the holiday period prior to returning to the Australian Institute of Sport later this month for the second year of his scholarship. He will have to choose between the NCAA or the NBL for the next season.

Jawai, who is an imposing figure at 207cm and 128kg, recently had a talent scout from the NBA's LA Clippers drooling after his performance for the Taipans Academy against a Townsville side. He originally moved to Cairns to play with indigenous team the Kuiyam Pride in the Queensland Australian Basketball League before hooking up with the Cairns Marlins and eventually heading to Canberra. Whilst a contracted place on an NBL roster remains a distinct possibility in the future, Jawai has his eyes on a bigger prize.
"Future ... I`d like to get to the NBA but who knows," Jawai told the Post.
After touring America with the Kuiyam Pride a few years ago, Jawai is also interested in college options and the move to the AIS was part of the plan to get him used to missing his family.
"Heaps, heaps," he said of his interest in a college scholarship. "It was alright but probably just too far away from family but I really want to go over there."
Taipans Academy coach Aaron Fearne says that Jawai has come along in leaps and bounds after 12 months in Canberra.
"His work habits and his skill development`s definitely improved a lot," Fearne said. "I think it`s just been a bit of a habit thing for him down there because he`s playing against a number of kids down there that are talented and work hard and want to be an NBA player or want to go to college in the States or play in the NBL, so they`re all working very hard and if you don`t do that you get left behind. Who knows how good he can be? He's already getting some NBA interest from scouts and stuff so they obviously see the body and the potential. He's a great athlete, he's obviously a pretty big boy. His skill development's the big thing that will improve ... he's only 19, let's see what he's like when he's 25."
If Jawai elects not to go to college, a contract with the Taipans remains a strong possibility.
"Who knows? I haven't made up my mind yet, I`ll make a decision in (when my AIS scholarship expires in) August, so that's what I'm waiting for."

he sounds good, but he's still young, if you want an Aussie star, check out Aaron Bruce, he's playing NCAA Div 1 ball and is the leading scorer in his team at about 18 ppg, i read up about him, but forgot his team, he'll be a draft pick though, following years.

Do you know who I think will do Ok next year?
David Andersen
He is playing in the EuroLeague with CKSA Moscow and is doing really well
He was drafted by Atlanta a few years ago and I think they'll be bringing him into the NBA next season

oh definately locky, right on the ball, i agree completely. Back in 2004 olympics David Andersen was the man, i was tellin everybody about him!! He's got all the skills, rebounding, scoring, shot-blocking, size, durability etc. He was taken 37th i think, in the 2002 draft, for beneficial reasons he's stayed in Europe but i'd love to see him play, he's getting a bit older now though, maybe just over 25?

Back
Top Bottom