New York also trade Zach Randolph to the Clips....

lockymac

Graded Mint 10 by GEM!!!
Real Name
Lachlan
eBay User
lockymac
Whoa
A big day of trading for the Knicks....

From NY Daily News:

The Knicks completed a wild day of trading on Friday when they sent Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins to the Clippers for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley. The deal comes less than two hours after Donnie Walsh traded Jamal Crawford to the Warriors for Al Harrington.

Both deals were made to clear salary cap space for the summer of 2010 for when LeBron James becomes a free agent. The contracts of Harrington, Thomas and Mobley all expire in two years which will put the Knicks in position to make a run at James, the most coveted free agent since Shaquille O'Neal left the Orlando Magic to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Harrington, who was originally drafted by then-Pacers president Donnie Walsh, is not expected to be available for Saturday's home game against Washington. He will likely play, coincidentally enough, in Tuesday's game against James and Cleveland.

Crawford was the Knicks leading scorer and is well liked by his teammates and coaches. But his contract runs through 2011 and Walsh has made it clear that his goal is to get the Knicks under the salary cap by 2010.

"It's always going to be a possibility that one day the face of this franchise is going to change," Mike D'Antoni said early Friday. "(Walsh's) plan is pretty clear... In a couple of years we're going to be under the cap. Everything he will do will lead us to being under the cap in two years. And I'll deal with making sure the team is competitive and we'll try to make the playoffs this year."

This report also confirms it was crawf. The clips are the wishort term winners in this one.

Nice trade for the Clips...but who now comes off the bench out of Randolph and Camby? Likely Camby...

Well maybe the rumours of the clips moving kaman are true. This would allow camby to start at c and zach at pf. Add thornton, davis and gordon to the mix, you have a pretty good mix.

Well maybe the rumours of the clips moving kaman are true. This would allow camby to start at c and zach at pf. Add thornton, davis and gordon to the mix, you have a pretty good mix.

I still think they'd be crazy crazy crazy to move Kaman ahead of Camby...Camby's only got maybe 2 years left in him and could break at any time!

I still think they'd be crazy crazy crazy to move Kaman ahead of Camby...Camby's only got maybe 2 years left in him and could break at any time!

crazy as it may seem, and i agree with you ben, it's a business and all about the $, the clips may also need to clear some space with zach on their books now.

posted this in the other thread but thought it deserved to be here too:

just got this from a massive kniocks fan
Wow, ok its done.

Crawford to GS for Harrington
Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins to LAC for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley

Knicks will now be able to sign Patrick Ewing Jrn, and are now OFFICIALLY in the LeBron sweepstakes.

Who woulda thought from just last season that the knicks would move Crawford and Randolphs contracts, and not be using Curry or Marbury. We are now in a GREAT position for the future and if things suck this year, we actually own our own pick for once!!!!!

I'm pumped.

Wow, big trades, good for the Knicks until they don't get lebron. But here's the thing, if the knicks get bron I'm going over there for at least 2 months to live in ny and watch every game lol

well we had to do something! gives eric gordon a chance, and we get rid of tim thomas. I agree that camby or kaman will eventually be moved but hopefully we keep kaman

hopefully marbury will be bought out soon, and clippers pick him up too.

well we had to do something! gives eric gordon a chance, and we get rid of tim thomas. I agree that camby or kaman will eventually be moved but hopefully we keep kaman

hopefully marbury will be bought out soon, and clippers pick him up too.

why do you want him if you already have davis?

to be the backup to davis, and also have them on the floor at the same time?

when your this bad, marbury give you hope! lol

to be the backup to davis, and also have them on the floor at the same time?

when your this bad, marbury give you hope! lol

lol the point of marbury leaving is because he wants to start. More than likely we'll see him in a Heat uni.

Wow, big trades, good for the Knicks until they don't get lebron. But here's the thing, if the knicks get bron I'm going over there for at least 2 months to live in ny and watch every game lol

You might have to sell your house to get tickets at the Garden if Bron does go there.

But I really can't see LBJ at the Knicks with their crazy management and a coach who makes basketball fun to watch but will never win a ring? If he wants the spotlight he can go to the Nets in Brooklyn with Jay Z (with possibly a better supporting cast). If he wants to win he can go to Detroit. If he wants to be a hero he can stay in Cleveland. The Knicks just don't make sense to me.

You might have to sell your house to get tickets at the Garden if Bron does go there.

But I really can't see LBJ at the Knicks with their crazy management and a coach who makes basketball fun to watch but will never win a ring? If he wants the spotlight he can go to the Nets in Brooklyn with Jay Z (with possibly a better supporting cast). If he wants to win he can go to Detroit. If he wants to be a hero he can stay in Cleveland. The Knicks just don't make sense to me.

I think we'll see Bosh ending up with Bron in a Cavs uniform if anything. The Raptors have the tendancy to let stars go eg. Tmac and VC...

Its all speculation and thats just what sportscaster 'experts' think as well.

But the list of FA's in 2010 is HUGE and anyone missing out on the Bron sweepstakes still has plenty of pickings but the list of stars even had Shaq on it. Shaq should be well and retired by then and I don't see Pierce leaving Boston now he is etched in our history. Ray Allen will maybe retire too...

All these teams clearing space might just be making it easier the next two years for the current top teams to contend for a title and if they miss out on Bron end up over paying for another FA or put up with more crap years later as well for the luxury of simply having cap space.

The cavs are already a scary team. Too much is made about his supporting cast sucking and even a Bosh/Bron combo wont guarantee a title.

Just remember.....

knickssuck.jpg

The clippers are the new NEW YORK KNICKS taking in all these massive contracts and having no wins to show for it.

I guess everyones in the hunt for FA Season in 2010.

But seriously on the right note it gets them minutes for David Lee, which is smart seeing as he should be one of the bulding blocks for the team.

Lee, Duhon and Chandler are all playing good. Gallinari should come around within the next few seasons.

Now just get rid of Curry..

Back
Top Bottom