New Users

Lippo

User #43
Real Name
Michael
eBay User
PsychoLippo
Is there anyway of making new users post an introduction in the "New Members" sub-thread before posting anywhere else?

Its useful to know something about them before they post anywhere else.

Do people agree?

Hve to say Lippo, that I disagree. Let them get straight into it. Yes it is in their best interest for us to get to know a little bit about them, but it is not actually required. As it is, they have to fill out a lot of information to sign up.

Is there anyway of making new users post an introduction in the "New Members" sub-thread before posting anywhere else?

Its useful to know something about them before they post anywhere else.

Do people agree?

I agree, this is the general rule admin guys have laid out below.

As you know before you start trading and buying and selling and that, you need to post a little Bio about yourself.

here's some of the things to include:
Your Name.
Where you are from.
A little intro about yourself.
And what you collect.

***Also if you have a Ebay account please give other members the chance to check your feedback ratings, by simply letting us know your ebay name.***

All new users receive a PM with a short introduction, including a link to "Whats Expected In Packing Cards" so there is absolutely no excuse for anyone saying I didnt know.

It also asks that they post a short intro about themselves. I'll dig up the intro PM today and post it.

This is the PM new users get automatically.

Dear $user,

Thanks for registering at OzCardTrader!

Please take the time, before doing anything else, to introduce yourself to everyone in our New Members Intro forum.

From there, you can read through our FAQ Forum which has plenty of useful information which will help get you started on our site. In particular we would like to draw your attention to the Whats expected in packing cards for trades thread which explains in details the requirements for sending cards when trading or selling to other members.

We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to post in the Site Suggestions/Site Help forum - someone will be along to answer your question ASAP.

All the best, OzCardTrader

Not sure what else we can do - it's pretty clear isn't it ?

Yep thats clear as a bell G-Man!

Majority who sign up end up making a thread anyhow, if they dont i send them PM's or fellow members do letting them know what to do. Its all good.

Yep thats clear as a bell G-Man!

Majority who sign up end up making a thread anyhow, if they dont i send them PM's or fellow members do letting them know what to do. Its all good.

Exactly.

I don't think it's a major drama - any experienced trader on this board should know not to rush into a deal with someone who they have never spoken to before, so just be wise and take time to suss out the situation.

Back
Top Bottom