New here from Central Coast, NSW

Kreative666

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
eBay User
elden2000
Hey all, how's it going?

Only discovered this forum last week and got out my old NBA trading cards from the early to mid 90's and won on a few bids of boxes on ebay. I have a Fleer 93-94 Lottery Redemption set which is probably my (small) highlight of collecting.

I have a friend I've been writing to since the early 90's who is from near Detroit. I started following the Lions in the Barry Sanders hey days in the mid 90's, then the Redwings in Hockey not long after and more recently the Pistons and Tigers. Basketball is my fave sport but I like the others as well.

I also love sports video games on ps3, especially NBA 2k13. Hit me up if your online with a ps3 and want a game.

Gonna drive up to Newy and check out the Card show on Saturday to get some needed accessories and some cards hopefully too!

I could never afford to buy a box of cards when I was a teenager but always wanted to and can't wait! Good to see some real passionate fans here.

Talk to ya's soon :)

Spent way to many nights in the early 90s watching don lane and Barry carve everyone up...

Nice Owen! Tell me about it, Barry was the man. Shame about that 0-16 season but oh well.
Calvin was a beast last year, shame almost all the rest of our Wide Receivers were injured or suspended (Titus Young)

I have a good mate who sends me each game and has done so for about 10 years...my favourite lion is Cory Schlesinger....I even have a game used jersey....

I have a lions mini helmet signed by Lem Barney and billy sims...

CJ is incredible...so is Stafford...we just need to stop beating ourselves...

SUH with discipline could be huge

Awesome dude. Yeah, Schleisnger was a tank.

Yeah, last year was tough. Leshore is a decent running back for the short, tough yards but man we missed Jahvid Best. A real bummer with his concussions that he probably won't play for us again.

Also too our offensive line took a few hits, Backus retired, Peterman was not re-signed and Cherilus is gone as well. I like the Reggie Bush singing but I'm still not so sure about the offensive line...

Nothing wrong with Metal Music!!! What's the scene like up the central area for music? Good? Or are you forced to go sydney or newy for gigs?

Cheers guys!

Awesome dude! Nah the scene is pretty bad here. It's that great in Newy either. Same ol story, some good bands but venues keep closing down or stop having the bands etc. Haven't been to a gig in a while but thinking of seeing Lamb of God play in Sydney with Messhugah in September. Lamb of god, their music it just doesn't get old for me!

What bands are you into lately? And how's the Canberra scene these days?

Me? Mostly old school - Megadeth, metallica, Ozzy. Bit of Rammstein and Dimmu in there also. The Canberra Scene is actually pretty good - as long as you don't mind travelling northside to the Basement in Belconnen. Lot of good band play there - Reign of Terror, Johnny Roadkill (kinda good), Live Death (Metal coverband that does the glory years of OS Metal - Dio, Maiden, Sabbath, Megadeth, Metallica, bit of slayer) at least once a year, Our last enemy pops around once a year. Lot of local bands also - some good, some not so much.

Can't go wrong with old school! Have you heard of a Metal band called "Tortured"? They are from Canberra and are pretty good, I've seen them play at some gigs with my Mates Death Metal Band from the coast, Burial Chamber. Yeah I've heard of The Basement, what's that like as a venue?

I got a Lamb of God ticket today, Looking forward to that gig.

Some good players you are collecting btw, Lamond Murray especially. Very underrated player imo.

Tortured? Can't say I have. Then again, I'm not really a big fan of death metal. black metal, yeah, death - not so much. the only decent death metal band was Cannibal corpse and then Chris Barne's other project after CC. The Basement is smallish, but has a good vibe - especially when you've got a good line-up. It really sucks when you get a punk band in the line-up because then the punkers stay up front for all bands and want to body slam with everyone. Most metal heads don't go for that. Even saw a bloke nearly have the top of his finger ripped off because some d-head punker body slammed him into a metal partition.

Back
Top Bottom