New display cabinet

Blue87

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Chris
eBay User
topher488
Hey guys, just putting up some pics of my new display cabinet. Enjoy!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373786226.807890.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373786246.707460.jpg

Love it!! I don't use the very bottom shelf of my detolf cabinet but yours looks brilliant

Awesome mate - great display! Can't help but think a nice Carlton 8x10 signed photograph of a premiership team (or player) would look great on the wall behind the top level to 'kill' that dead space. But one of the better displays I have seen!!

I would love to see other peoples displays if you have any pics. I always thought, if you have something worth showing then put it on show!!

Its not very often i put the light on, just for the effect. Last thing a want to do is set up this display just to damage the cards. Have you had a bad experience with lighting on cards mate?

Its not very often i put the light on, just for the effect. Last thing a want to do is set up this display just to damage the cards. Have you had a bad experience with lighting on cards mate?

If your cards are in one-touches it shouldn't be too bad (as long as you only put the lights on occasionally).

I have (well my Dad did because I can't build anything!) renovated my book cases so that they are fitted with sliding doors and I also picked up some cheap shoe stands from eBay that are really effective for displaying your "portrait" and "landscape" style cards.

I have also been reading up on collectors sites re: UV protection and stumbled across a product called Krylon UV resistant clear gloss, which is an aerosol used by painters who have their items on display in rooms that are well lit or have "incidental" sunlight. I literally just ordered it in the last 10 minutes so will be interesting to see how she goes!
http://www.artstoreonline.com.au/ae...v-resistant-clear-gloss-no-1305/prod_151.html
image.jpg

From what I can gather mate, yeah I think so. However me and instructions don't always make happy partners........actually looking at it further, yeah looks as though you spray the sucker on and it dries "to touch" in 15 minutes and completely in two hours.

Hey Mate, great display! make you use high quality LEDs for the light globes, they are expensive but will preserve your cards if you want to illuminate them. Some don't contain UV rays and have a maximum temperture of around 50-60 degree C. Halogens can run up to 300 Degrees so make sure that isn't what is on your cards! Let me know if you want any recommendations.

Got the gloss that I ordered yesterday and think it is going to work really well. A word of advice though - keep the doors and windows open if you are going to use it (as advised on the can). It dries more or less in 20 minutes and I think will provide good UV protection!

Got the gloss that I ordered yesterday and think it is going to work really well. A word of advice though - keep the doors and windows open if you are going to use it (as advised on the can). It dries more or less in 20 minutes and I think will provide good UV protection!

if i had a framed jersey and sprayed this stuff on, would it work the same? if so i might order some today, ps can you tell me where you got it from cheers Aron

Back
Top Bottom