NBA Live 10 or NBA 2K10?

jimboiitmac

miami pride
Real Name
King James
eBay User
jimboiitmac
I'm getting a PS3 for my graduation present/birthday present.

Which NBA game should I get, 2K10 or Live 10?

Please comment objectively and say what about which game is better.

I've searched google and come up with a lot of people voting for both but just saying "2K10 ****s on Live 10" and stuff like that.

What specifically makes one game better than the other?

Jim

Well mate, EA definitely have the classier look but gameplay wise 2k10 is better, the gameplay for Live 10 is very sticky and is not sticky at all in 2K10. So I'd go for 2K10. Hope this helps.:thumbsup: btw my brother just graduated too!:D

i havnt played alot of 2k series, but from my experiance nba live is better

personally I think NBA 2K8 is the best because you can import your college players form the college game.

2K10 can do the same thing but you have to like pay extra money to get some downlaod to your hdd to train them up or something weird.

but if you do not care about all that

2K sports make the better sports games for ALL sports.

I'm no fussy guy, and I always played EA games.

I mean the gameplay seems okay on EA maybe I should sort it out by trying out both?

The main thing deterring me from 2K10 is that I really like the Dynasty set-up on NBA Live 10 and I also prefer those graphics.

If you want to keep up to date with rosters and moves how do you do all that on PS3?

This will be my first console since Nintendo 64 so I really don't know how it all works. If someone could give me a concise but detailed rundown that would be great.

And keep adding your opinion as to which game I should get...

I've played NBA live since 95. I got live 09 and 2k9. 2k9 was better by far. I'm going 2k10.

Ry

No doubt. The more I read the more apparent it seems that the 2K series is the way to go.

Do they have a mode where you can play like the NBA Live Dynasty, handling the entire season from training camp to the finals and then going on from year to year?

I've always been a NBA Live guy...but this will be the first year that I buy 2k instead cause EA gameplay has SUCKED ARSE for the last 3 years and everything I have read on them (been keeping track hardcore for the last 4 months cause I got myself a PS3 back then too :D) has been telling me how cruddy NBA Live has been and how much better 2k is.

Then the NBA Live Demo came out...and it sucked hard...

I'm buying 2k10 tommorrow :D

As a fan of Live games since 95 (up until I discovered 2K7), I always swore by them. When I discovered 2K series, it was love at first sight for me.

Gameplay is un-challenged with 2K.

Whilst Live has some great features, like pre-game menus etc, 2K will eat it up this year.

I played both demos for the 360 and whilst I was disappointed with what we were given with 2K10, I still preferred it over the much more thorough Live 10 demo.

Picked up 2K10 last night, and I'm in love. I'm flogging the "My Player" feature, which allows you to create a scrub, and (you'll love this Jim), run drills, pick-up games, and scrimmages. You're aim is to be drafted, but first you have to get passed training camps, and the D-League before being offered a 10-day contract with a Team.

I'm still learning, so havent got too far with it.

Gameplay, I've hardly played it other than 1 game last night (I'm still participating in a 2K9 League, and don't want to use players on my drafted team), and what I saw/felt was pretty good.

If I had to recommend any, it'd be 2K for sure. :thumbsup:

2K also has dedicated staff for updating their 2K Living Rosters, where if a player is traded, or signed, it'll update on 2K10 game (provided you have the net hooked up with Xbox Live - assume it's the same for the PSN).

Also, another cool feature with 2K10 which everyone will appreciate. It's got a new feature I think it's called "Today's Games", I could be wrong tho. What it is, is games currently being played in the NBA are shown on the menu, only as either a completed box score, or preview.

You also have the ability to re-play that game as either teams.

It's like looking up the scores when you get home from work/school, only you get to look them up then play the game too!!!

As a fan of Live games since 95 (up until I discovered 2K7), I always swore by them. When I discovered 2K series, it was love at first sight for me.

Gameplay is un-challenged with 2K.

Whilst Live has some great features, like pre-game menus etc, 2K will eat it up this year.

I played both demos for the 360 and whilst I was disappointed with what we were given with 2K10, I still preferred it over the much more thorough Live 10 demo.

Picked up 2K10 last night, and I'm in love. I'm flogging the "My Player" feature, which allows you to create a scrub, and (you'll love this Jim), run drills, pick-up games, and scrimmages. You're aim is to be drafted, but first you have to get passed training camps, and the D-League before being offered a 10-day contract with a Team.

I'm still learning, so havent got too far with it.

Gameplay, I've hardly played it other than 1 game last night (I'm still participating in a 2K9 League, and don't want to use players on my drafted team), and what I saw/felt was pretty good.

If I had to recommend any, it'd be 2K for sure. :thumbsup:

2K also has dedicated staff for updating their 2K Living Rosters, where if a player is traded, or signed, it'll update on 2K10 game (provided you have the net hooked up with Xbox Live - assume it's the same for the PSN).

Also, another cool feature with 2K10 which everyone will appreciate. It's got a new feature I think it's called "Today's Games", I could be wrong tho. What it is, is games currently being played in the NBA are shown on the menu, only as either a completed box score, or preview.

You also have the ability to re-play that game as either teams.

It's like looking up the scores when you get home from work/school, only you get to look them up then play the game too!!!

Thanks for the thorough breakdown Scotty!

Just what I was looking for! :thumbsup:

I was always a EA NBA LIVE fan (from when NBA LIVE 95 was on the old super) until the last couple of years people started raving about the 2K series so I gave 2K8 a go and after playing that there is no comparison man, like a couple of people have said in here the nba live series does have more faults than 2k.

After playing both now once again 2K takes it, although the frame rate needs touching up its a little chuggy at times!
Live's demo showed promise.... but the game is just too arcadish but alot better from the last few years.... so maybe its on the rise

Bottom line if you want a true ball game 2K10 has it covered again....

one easy way to determine it jimbo

rent em out see which one you prefer

thats what i do every year before i buy the new release.

the last 5 years have been the 2k release

but depends on what you like best

live definately looks better but 2k plays so sweet

thanks for this thread fellas. Was torn between the two games and i have always been a live fan. However after reading this thread i will be buying 2k10 as soon as i get back from honeymoon. Bring it on i say!

Back
Top Bottom