NBA Betting for January 2006

kidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Carlos
eBay User
cahl0s05
Hey guys, let's make a thread for every month. I also have an idea for us wannabe punters.. before the games actually start, we can discuss the games and have guesses on who will win and by how much. :p Then maybe we can base our bets on that. Hehe.

Anyways, here are mine:

Games for tomorrow (January 5 (4 in America))

Orlando @ Toronto -Magic win by 6
Charlotte @ Boston -Boston win by 3
Cleveland @ Milwaukee - Cavs win by 3
Dallas @ Minnesota - T-Wolves win by 4
Miami at New Orleans - Miami win by 7
Portland @ San Antonio -Spurs win by 9
Seattle @ Chicago - Chicago win by 1
Philadelphia @ Phoenix - Phoenix win by 6
Indiana @ Denver - Denver win by 9

Post your guesses and we can discuss per game!

Also.. for those interested.. I'll be a bad example and get you all hooked up to this hehe. You can bet online via http://www.centrebet.com.au You don't need a credit card to sign up. You just register for free, and as long as you have Internet Banking and a valid drivers license, you should be OK. They accept direct deposits.

I'd go the same except maybe a few small changes:

Orlando @ Toronto -Magic win by 6
Charlotte @ Boston -Boston win by 3
Cleveland @ Milwaukee - Bucks by 8
Dallas @ Minnesota - Dallas by 13
Miami at New Orleans - Miami win by 7
Portland @ San Antonio -Spurs win by 18
Seattle @ Chicago - Chicago win by 10
Philadelphia @ Phoenix - Phoenix win by 6
Indiana @ Denver - Denver win by 9

Cleveland @ MilwaukeeI'm not gonna bet against LeBron anymore unless it's a +6.5 on the Bucks to win. I reckon the Cavs will carry the momentum from their win against the Pistons @ Detroit last New Years Day. Unless LeBron has a really bad day, Cavs will win this one.. Bron will drop 32pts. It will be close til the end, but Bucks will go for the fouls to catch up.. and Michael Redd will keep missing. ;)

Dallas @ Minnesota

Dallas played today @ home. Tomorrow theyre flying to meet Garnett and the TWolves @ Minnesota. Dallas is on a streak, but I believe KG will protect his home.. (hopefully well-rested, determined, and focused) and Wally will hit some quality shots.

Here's my super duper early parlay! Hehehe.

NBL Round 19 - BRISBANE BULLETS v SYDNEY KINGS - Head To Head - SYDNEY KINGS Win 1.62 1.00 73.50
ATP Adelaide - 2nd Round - HEWITT v KOHLSCHREIBER - Head To Head - HEWITT, Lleyton (AUS) Win 1.05
NBA Wednesday 4/1 - CLEVELAND CAVALIERS at MILWAUKEE BUCKS - Head To Head - CLEVELAND CAVALIERS Line -2.5 1.91
NBA Wednesday 4/1 - DALLAS MAVERICKS at MINNESOTA T-WOLVES - Head To Head - MINNESOTA T-WOLVES Win 2.10
NBA Wednesday 4/1 - MIAMI HEAT at NEW ORLEANS HORNETS - Head To Head - MIAMI HEAT Line -6.0 1.91
NBA Wednesday 4/1 - PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS at SAN ANTONIO SPURS - Head To Head - PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS Line +14.5 1.91
NBA Wednesday 4/1 - SEATTLE SUPERSONICS at CHICAGO BULLS - Head To Head - SEATTLE SUPERSONICS Line +3.0 1.91
WTA Gold Coast Round 2 - GOLOVIN v BAMMER - Head To Head - GOLOVIN, Tatiana (FRA) Win 1.16
ATP Adelaide - 2nd Round - SEPPI v BLAKE - Head To Head - BLAKE, James (USA) Win 1.12
NBL Round 19 - WOLLONGONG HAWKS v PERTH WILDCATS - Head To Head - WOLLONGONG HAWKS Win 1.19

Im putting 1 unit ($1) on this for a $73.50 payout. 8)

Centrebet doesn't have all the NBA games yet.

Also.. for those interested.. I'll be a bad example and get you all hooked up to this hehe. You can bet online via centrebet.com. You don't need a credit card to sign up. You just register for free, and as long as you have Internet Banking and a valid drivers license, you should be OK. They accept direct deposits.

[-X tsk tsk tsk

Ur a bad influence Carlos! :smt029

I like the idea of this thread though :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll LYK when I have a bet 4 2morrow :D

I put $4 on this multi... no logic involved :wink:

NBA Wednesday 4/1 - CLEVELAND CAVALIERS at MILWAUKEE BUCKS - Head To Head - MILWAUKEE BUCKS Line +2.5 1.91 4.00 101.68
NBA Wednesday 4/1 - DALLAS MAVERICKS at MINNESOTA T-WOLVES - Head To Head - MINNESOTA T-WOLVES Line +2.0 1.91
NBA Wednesday 4/1 - MIAMI HEAT at NEW ORLEANS HORNETS - Head To Head - MIAMI HEAT Line -6.0 1.91
NBA Wednesday 4/1 - PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS at SAN ANTONIO SPURS - Head To Head - SAN ANTONIO SPURS Line -14.5 1.91
NBA Wednesday 4/1 - SEATTLE SUPERSONICS at CHICAGO BULLS - Head To Head - CHICAGO BULLS Line -3.0 1.91
= 25.42/1 Effective Price

lockymac said:
kidd..... the bullets just won
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:lol:

Good thing I only put $1 on it. That was the crappiest game Ive ever watched. I was on the treadmill too and I was spewing. Is NBL always about the 3 pter? I dont watch it.

im very very very tempted to get into this...

can you like just direct deposit say $100 bucks in...and then just go from that? like bet your winnings?

Trey said:
im very very very tempted to get into this...

can you like just direct deposit say $100 bucks in...and then just go from that? like bet your winnings?

That's what I do. I deposited $40au.. then worked on that. $40 became $250. Then you can withdraw the funds. When you withdraw for the first time, they will ask for a scanned drivers license and a copy of a bill (electricity, etc).

You just have to be really careful with your bets. It can be really really addicting.

so its an aussie site eh? you said $40au sorta threw me...

Im interested in doing like player performance...like just for a guage of tomorrow I'll post here hypothetically to see how I go..if I end up on top, I'll get into it...so here we go...

$1.00 on Chris Paul to score over 20 vs Heat = $2.45
$1.00 on Wade to score 24-27 = $4.30
$1.00 on garnett to score 21-24 = $3.90
$1.00 on Dirk to score 23 or under = $2.25

so if I get them all right Id win $12.90 and keep my $4.00 eh?

Im not very experienced in this sort of gambling

Trey said:
so its an aussie site eh? you said $40au sorta threw me...

Im interested in doing like player performance...like just for a guage of tomorrow I'll post here hypothetically to see how I go..if I end up on top, I'll get into it...so here we go...

$1.00 on Chris Paul to score over 20 vs Heat = $2.45
$1.00 on Wade to score 24-27 = $4.30
$1.00 on garnett to score 21-24 = $3.90
$1.00 on Dirk to score 23 or under = $2.25

so if I get them all right Id win $12.90 and keep my $4.00 eh?

Im not very experienced in this sort of gambling

You can click the "multi" thing on the top of window 2 Trey, and the payout will be combined and much larger. But you have to win all of them for you to win. If you wanna do it one at a time, thats fine too. If you win all those 4, you lose your $4 but get $12.90. So you gain $8.90.

very nice, for $1.00 id win almost $93?

like I just did about 20 mins worth of research and I am confident hehehehe

its funny, if you select the middle range scores (like sure they have to land between 4 spots) it pays out of $250...
but looking at my research its their averages almost (home/away, last 5 days/career vs team/career/after x amount days rest etc

this could be really...REALLY addictive!

Haha. How bout I back your bet and see how you are as a punter? ;) Player performance multis are the hardest though I reckon.. Head to head matchups are the easiest to multi. Try experimenting with those.

if you want...go my first options on a multi hehe

put maybe also go the mid range scores on all of em for $1.00...it'll pay off if they get their avg!

YEP, YOU GOT MATE! FAST LEARNER :lol:

IF YOU PUT $1 ON ALL 4 OF THOSE OUTCOMES AND THEY ARE CORRECT, YOU WOULD GET OVER $90 BACK FOR YOUR $1... :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehe im interested coz I know my shite...Im coming in the top 3000 on nba.com for the fantasy league...out of 300,000 it aint bad!

It would be interesting to see how you go Trey.. 2/4 and Ill say youre good. I doubt Wade will get that though.. I reckon he'll go under... and Dirk over. But well see if Trey is the master in this. ;)

Back
Top Bottom