NBA All-Star Saturday

martyaud

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Marty
eBay User
martyaud
Anyone watching it ??

Iggie just made a 50.... with a dunk where he started from behind the board !!!

& the 5'9" Nate Robinson is in the finals !!! man... he is the same height as I am...:mad:

iggy dunk was AWESOME , very cool, they commentators are always sayin they need to be more creative so, there ya go, GO LITTLE NATE, but my moneys on iggy

and little nate takes out the title!! took long enough to get that last dunk out, but you gotta hand it to him for his size they were some extremely difficult dunks!! well deserved. although you gotta feel a little sorry for Iguodala....if it were anyone else (not 5'9") he would of won it easy!!!

I think Nate won it at the end because they were running out of time. One of the judges changed Iggy's score from 10 to 9 so that there wasnt another tied !!

Go the short guy !!

that was a very entertaining dunk comp. :D

Iggy had two amazing dunks-
the A.I off the backboard alley
and the behind the back one.

and nate had :
being 5 "7
his dunk over spud
his scissor backboard alley after 14 attempts.
and the crowd

iggy probally deserved to win, but its good to see a real underdog win and produce some massive dunks. FREAKISH

and what was Josh Smith thinking lol ;)

i was dissapointed with josh smith.. i think he could've done a much better job, i think he's a better dunker than andre iguodala.. i didn't think hakim would get that far.. he lacks quite a lot.. but he is a very good dunker.. very athletic.

i think nate deserved to win, his lack of size and his amazing athleticism and strength kind of pushes those miss attempts out of the window. his dunk over spud was my favourite.

Great dunk comp, wish iggy has saved that crazy backboard dunk for the final. Nate's over the top was AWESOME however

Yeah...great dunk comp. AI was unlucky i thought, and i agree he should have left the backboard dunk until last, but then again...if he had waited he may not have made it to the final.

Also....can anyone tell me what the tape was for.....?????

I dunno about that tape business, I thought he was gonna break his neck going for that slam.. but he still should got better than a 41... two hands from the foul line.. not too bad, but I suppose he let everyone down

reign40 said:
I dunno about that tape business, I thought he was gonna break his neck going for that slam.. but he still should got better than a 41... two hands from the foul line.. not too bad, but I suppose he let everyone down

he was over the foul line.. the tape would've been crazy.. but i liked the dunk.. i thought he should've got a 45 at least..

sorry but this year really really sucked.

last year was awesome, josh smith, even the amare dunks were awesome. Apart from Bird Man taking 20 attempts...

this year, while I liked some of em, they just werent "great"...and taking 200 attempts got boring

ESPN's take:

What should've been Andre Iguodala's second trophy ceremony of the weekend turned out to be a slam dunk of a controversy as Nate Robinson was crowned champ on NBA All-Star Saturday.

Which left Iguodala holding nothing but the short end of the stick, thanks to judges who appeared to favor the little Knick.

Even though it was obvious to the crowd that Philly's swingman delivered the best dunk of the night, catching an Allen Iverson pass off the back of the glass and gliding under the backboard and rim for a reverse-slam on the other side. And then running off the court and down the tunnel as if to say it was over.

"Andre's behind-the-backboard dunk, that was crazy," said Josh Smith, the defending champ who said he'd never try that even after seeing it completed.

Darko
Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE via Getty Images
We'll be talking about this creative jam for a long time.

Said Iguodala, "I came up with that one day during the summer. I was in the gym and this guy told me I couldn't touch one side of the backboard and come to the other side and dunk the ball, and I did it.

"It came from that and I'm glad I got a chance to show it to the crowd."

It was a creative, athletic display of fearlessness, especially since he had scraped his face on the bottom of the backboard on his first attempt of the dunk. He even followed that up with another perfect 50 on a flush featuring a behind-the-back, hand-to-hand transfer.

He caused so much electricity in the Toyota Center that it apparently caused a short circuit at the judges' table -- a mental short circuit, anyway.

Because soon after, the panel of Houston legends -- Kenny Smith, Elvin Hayes, Rudy Tomjanovich, Moses Malone and Clyde Drexler -- seemed ready to dismiss Iggy's popular slam, already determined to crown a 5-foot-9 champ.

Nate-Rob had gotten himself back in the competition when he walked across the court and handed Spud Webb his old Atlanta jersey No. 4. With Webb in his new duds, Robinson caught a bounce pass from the onetime dunk champ and jumped over all 5 feet, 7 inches of him for a spectacular jackknife slam, finishing in a squat that he held for effect.

Nate Robinson
Bill Baptist/NBAE via Getty Images
Robinson's high flying gave the Knicks a rare W this season.

Bringing the house down and the crowd up in the air.

"My teammate Jamal [Crawford], we were on the plane and he was like, 'I have the perfect idea, you should jump over Spud Webb.' And I was, like, 'That is a good idea.' "

The judges thought so, too, lowballing Iguodala with a 44 on his next attempt to force the first tiebreaker in the competition's history. The judges even looked like they were in cohoots, glancing at each other before they revealed their scores.

Either way, it was what the crowd wanted.

That is, it's what the crowd thought it wanted, until Robinson took 14 tries to complete his last dunk -- transferring the ball between each leg midair before passing the ball with his left hand to the glass for a dunk -- which kept Iguodala on the sidelines waiting and trying to stay loose.

"I had a few things I wanted to do," a subdued Iguodala said. "But it's tough when you're sitting around and you get stiff.

"But Nate did a good job out there. He deserved to win."

Webb certainly thought so, but he also chimed in on the inconsistent scores.

"They shouldn't get big guys to judge contests," Webb said. "Because they don't know good dunks."

Josh Smith, too, was miffed by the scoring.

For his opening dunk, he got the crowd on its feet by having a piece of masking tape placed foul line extended. Then, running the length of the floor, he completed a never-before-done two-handed jam after taking off with a foot on the free-throw line, even doing a little double pump for flair.

He received a score of 41, which put him out of the running early. His tape stunt had unfortunately misled the crowd and the judges.

"Obviously I was disappointed, but I can't get mad," he said. "I mean, it's a fun event and we pleased the crowd and added some spunk to the weekend.

"Nate and Andre put on a show."

Unfortunately, the judges stole it.

Matt Wong is an NBA editor at ESPN.com.

I dont think it sucked....but i reckon they should have had a limit on the amount of misses you could have!!

i think it was still a good show. for me i think little nate deserved the win. yeah he took 14 atempts to get that last dunk, but everyone wanted to see it!! A.I's last couple of dunks i dont think were that good. (dont get me wrong, that are freakin hard to do and i still liked it) but little nate was really pushing himself.

plus A.I had won the MVP from the rookie game, so at least the awards were shared around a bit!?!?

Back
Top Bottom