NAB Cup, Who will Win?

LOL its so funny seeing you guys squabble about which VIC team is the best. Crows will woop all those teams without breaking a sweat! :lol:

Let's see how many victorian teams make the 8 this year! :D Probably more than last couple of years, but the other states will still dominate, except for maybe Brisbane who have some rebuilding to do. WC & Crows will be up there this year.

Very hard to pick so I'll say WEST COAST! :D

I don't believe Melbourne aren't gonna try. Easy excuse for when they lose I say. LOL That said, I'd take the way overs of $41 on offer for a few bucks if I was a Dee fan. :)

GO THE EAGLES!!
10495dbd.jpg

chadjaja® said:
So we have never won anything???? Thats a big call White Choc.

The Dees are twice as good as the Dons now and thats all that counts for now if you are going to look at the current season.

The Dees were very young in 2000 and players that were on the side then have matured into stars and ready to challenge for the cup now. We are very strong and deep.

If we are such easy prey then why do the Dons tank games against us now? I was at the last one and its was a walk in the park for the Dee's. Argue with that.

We wont challenge for the preseason cup. We don't need the money and members enough now seeing as we play in September and are one of the top three most attended teams in the league now. ;-)

HAHAHA.. interesting.. well yes, you've clearly acheived so much, i cant argue with the facts, and the records and... whatever else it is you've done...

Fact Melbourne played in last years finals and will play again this year.

Fact Essendon will get draft picks ;-)

Fact the team we have will only get better and is set to peak in the next year to two years.

I'll get back to you then with more facts LOL

Ahh footy brings out the passion doesn't it.

I just had a hot pie for dinner in honour of the footy being back on although unlike game day ones it WAS hot though. LOL

chadjaja® said:
Fact Melbourne played in last years finals and will play again this year. Correct, but bowed out first round right? Did it help the club long term?

Fact Essendon will get draft picks ;-) Correct seeing everyone does

Fact the team we have will only get better and is set to peak in the next year to two years. False - False hopes and dreams are always shattered from within

what else can i say

chadjaja® said:
If we are such easy prey then why do the Dons tank games against us now? I was at the last one and its was a walk in the park for the Dee's. Argue with that.
LOL. Walk in the park my arse, you won cause Robbo kicked a ball that bounced sideways right thru the goals in the last minute.
We wont challenge for the preseason cup. We don't need the money and members enough now seeing as we play in September and are one of the top three most attended teams in the league now. ;-)
Top three most attended teams??? HAHAHAHAHAHA As if.

Yes the current season matters, but so does history, we've got 16 flags, how is your mob doing in that regard? When did you last win a flag by the way? I don't recall one since I've been alive ;)

Mind you Sandy did win the reserves last year :p

PS Thanks for Heff, he looks much better in Red & Black.

Top five games attended last year Bargey Mebourne were a part of a fair share of them. Melbourne drew big crowds last year. Nothing wrong with that comment. Avg attendence was pretty high.

And 103-57 is a walk in the park by any terms Barge. ;-)

Melbourne had the third highest home game avg attendance 43,193

And three of the top ten games with highest attendences.

Argue with that?

chadjaja® said:
Top five games attended last year Bargey Mebourne were a part of a fair share of them. Melbourne drew big crowds last year. Nothing wrong with that comment. Avg attendence was pretty high.

And 103-57 is a walk in the park by any terms Barge. ;-)
That wasn't the last time we played you chad, must have been snow season in Round 22 and you were up in the mountains with the rest of the Dees supporters :)

Actually Bargey I was at every game last year like most of the games all the other years. Im no bandwagon fan.

My bad got the results mixed up. Care to take back the attendence dig now? HEHE

hopefully the Power but i think we may struggle geting past the Cows this weekend although Cows without Roo and Power without C.Cornes might level it up a little and both teams are playing some youngins

GO THE DEES!!!

lol 8 debutants and still beat a full strength WB side, 2006 is the year of the demons.
that Bate is a player and a half, he calfed up!!!!

11 premierships soon to be 12,

bombers suck ass, lol lost to a VERY VERY young lions squad, unlucky.
they will challenge for the spoon this year. :eek:

ROBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

chadjaja® said:
Actually Bargey I was at every game last year like most of the games all the other years. Im no bandwagon fan.

My bad got the results mixed up. Care to take back the attendence dig now? HEHE
Give me the stats for every teams attendance on the year and I will. As good as they were to start the year last year, I find it hard to believe the Demons, with one of the lowest memberships in the AFL, were one of the top 3 teams for attendance. Normally Collingwood pips Essendon for top spot, and then the other big clubs carl & rich and the big interstate clubs like the crows who get 50000 to every home game fight it out for the bronze.

I'll happily admit to being wrong if you give me the stats to proove it.

As for Metallica, the Dees won a glorified practice match, don't get too excited. Aren't they due for their down year? [:p] The best thing they've got going for them is they won the reserves flag last year, normally sides that do that go well in the ones the next season because they have some good young talent and good depth. Unfortunately the backline ain't anything flash, the midfield is pretty workmanlike, and you rely on Neita and Robbo a bit too much. Not saying you won't make the eight, but I doubt you'll win the flag.

I know we will suck again this year, but we won't challenge for the spoon, we'll improve on last year. Doubt we'll make the eight, but we'll beat a couple of good teams and be not far off making it if we don't.

Ok firstly, The Zebras have won the VFL the last Two years.

Aren't they due for their down year?

that decade long curse ended last year, when we made the finals in succession.

and we have one of the longest lists in the comptition thats why i think we will challenge for the flag this year. look at some of the names who missed tonight
neita, bruce, MOLONEY, white, mclean, wheatley, carroll, forgive me if i forgot a few more.

watch Slyvia this year!!! just watch

and the dons will feild somewhere between 12-16

MetallicA' said:
Ok firstly, The Zebras have won the VFL the last Two years.

neita (star but getting old), bruce (star), MOLONEY (servicable midfielder), white (star at best, average more often than not), mclean (could be a star in a few years time), wheatley (nothing special), carroll (nothing special), forgive me if i forgot a few more.

watch Slyvia (that kid can play) this year!!! just watch

and the dons will feild somewhere between 12-16

Hird (star but getting old), McPhee (star), Rioli (star at best, average more often than not), Jason Johnson (first rate midfielder), solomon (great player who does dickhead mistakes), laycock (could be a star in a few years time), ramanauskas (sadly won't be seeing him ever again I'd think), Dean Rioli (star at best, average more of then than not) etc etc forgive me if I forgot a few more.

You kinda made my point for me, the NAB cup isn't worth getting excited about, the good teams don't try, the bad ones go all out. I think the only thing you can take out of it is the fitness of your senior guys, and the talent of your kids, that's about it.

Our senior guys look resonably good, a lot better than last year, and our kids all showed a bit, especially our 2nd & 3rd year guys who will be the core of our team. Jobe Watson & Stanton will be out and out stars in 3 years time.

Back
Top Bottom