Moon Sign Offer Sheet

gemini0928

Basketball Addict
Real Name
Alf
eBay User
gemini0928
Moon will be a great addition to the Cavs. I saw a couple of games by Moon and he seem to have impressed me so I cant be dissapointed in this one. Hopefully Miami dont match so we can now have the core roster set...

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4339432"]Cleveland Cavaliers sign Miami Heat's Jamario Moon to offer sheet - ESPN[/ame]

"The Cleveland Cavaliers have continued their offseason remodeling by signing restricted free agent Jamario Moon to an offer sheet.

Full details of the offer sheet are unlikely to be known until Monday, when the contract is submitted to the league office. But sources said that the deal signed Friday  which Heat officials confirmed after an ESPN.com report earlier Sunday -- spans two guaranteed years.

The Miami Heat will have seven days to match the offer once it's formally processed, but Cleveland would appear to have a good chance of landing Moon given Miami's well-chronicled desire to avoid new contracts longer than one year to protect its 2010 salary-cap space.

There are exceptions to that policy, as evidenced by Miami's well-chronicled attempts to sign Lamar Odom away from the Los Angeles Lakers. The Heat, though, have multiple players at Moon's position -- Daequan Cook, James Jones and Yakhouba Diawara -- even if they don't land Odom, raising doubts about their ability to keep him.

After trading for Shaquille O'Neal and signing Anthony Parker to take their payroll beyond the $80 million mark, Cleveland has spent the past week looking for free-agent bargains as it tries to add depth at the wing positions and find a power forward that can stretch the floor with his jumper. The Cavs had been linked in recent days to forwards such as Rob Kurz and Sean May before signing Moon.

It's believed that the Cavs were hooked on Moon's ability to guard mobile forwards after their struggles to contain Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis in the Eastern Conference finals against Orlando.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that the Cavs have about $3.2 million left of their $5.9 million mid-level exception that they can use in whole or part to sign Moon.

Moon, 29, is a 6-foot-8 late bloomer with career averages of 7.8 points and 5.4 rebounds since breaking into the NBA with the Toronto Raptors in 2007-08. Miami acquired him in February in the Shawn Marion-Jermaine O'Neal trade.

According to the Plain Dealer, Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry typically avoids players who are restricted free agents, as evidenced by the fact that this is the first such offer sheet he has extended in his four years running Cleveland's front office.

The Cavs, however, are clearly hoping that Miami's focus on Odom and the potential trade pursuit of Carlos Boozer will enhance their chances of landing Moon, while an offer sheet also prevents Miami from including Moon in sign-and-trade proposals for the next week.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com."

another solid pick up if they end secure him... theyre stacked at the wing positions now

I really hope that the Heat don't match the offer.

Moon can make the Cavs more entertaining to watch.:thumbsup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UatBtBqrqxI"]YouTube - Jamario Moon's Top 10 Career Dunks[/ame]

:lol: when I first saw the thread title, I thought it had something to do with the 40th anniversary of the moon landing.

Holy jeez look how high he got on that rebound!

The Cavs have really addressed some issues this off-season if they get Moon in the end.

They have provided an opportunity to have Shaq dominant the middle, whilst giving up virtually nothing for him. And they have bolstered their wing positions with Jamario Moon (potentially) and Anthony Parker.

Moon is amazing to watch,LeBron must be stoked to have him on the roster.

I'm looking forward to the 09/10 season. There will be so much tough competition in the east.
I think this 09/10 Cleveland roster will be the roster to clinch a chamionship. Only time will tell...

Just under 3 hours to become official but here's an article from Cleveland.com Plain Dealer! :thumbsup:

Moon to join Cavs; Heat will not match offer sheet:

CLEVELAND -- The Miami Heat will not match the Cavaliers' offer sheet to Jamario Moon, paving the way for the forward to come to Cleveland.

The Heat had until 11:59 p.m. Friday to match the two-year, $6 million offer Moon signed July 17. It was expected Miami would not match the offer because the two years of the deal are guaranteed, which would reduce the team's flexibility in next summer's free-agent market.

The deal will pay Moon $2.75 million in the coming season.

"Jamario is going to bring versatility and a high level of athleticism to our team," said Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry. "He should be a very good fit to our current roster. We are very happy to have him with us."

Moon played in 80 games (60 starts) this past season for the Toronto Raptors and the Miami Heat. He averaged 7.2 points on 46.8 percent shooting, 4.6 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.1 steals in 25.8 minutes per game.

The 6-8 forward scored in double figures on 25 occasions. He led the NBA in steals-to-turnovers ratio (2.0) during the 2008-09 season. In two seasons in the NBA, Moon has career averages of 7.8 points on 47.8 percent shooting, 5.4 rebounds, 1.2 assists, 1.1 steals and 1.1 blocks in 26.8 minutes per game.

Back
Top Bottom