UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

Everyone here seems to have been hoping Rousey would get beat? I don't follow hard core but has she done something to put people off? She looked wobbly and sloppy after the first round, big shocker to see her lose, Maybe doing too many movies and stuff.? Lol

i've always disliked her because of her time on the ultimate fighter. then at weigh ins she carried on like a pork chop. and then wouldn't touch gloves.

glad her head got knocked unconscious, hopefully she comes back without the chip on her shoulder.

theres only one connor mcgregor, i feel like she tried to be a little to much like him at weighs and it came off really badly.

Very happy Holly won, am sick of hearing about Ronda. Rematch will be interesting as I didnt see anything in that match that would make me think she can beat her.
I personally didn't think the atmosphere was that great compared to the other events Ive been too.

Fair enough! I was really impressed by Holly-super fight - was always good to watch when people or teams go undefeated for a long time but it's also interesting to see who finally beats them and now!

how pumped are we for friday saturday and sunday. dont think i've been this excited for anything in years. christmas has come a few weeks early.

these are my picks.

Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 6.02.34 PM.png

Great, another 6 months of juvenile self promotion from the most insufferable clown in the sport. :thumbsdown:

Be interesting to see if Aldo gets the immediate rematch that White is campaigning for Rousey to get.

how pumped are we for friday saturday and sunday. dont think i've been this excited for anything in years. christmas has come a few weeks early.

these are my picks.

Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 6.02.34 PM.png

Damn, so close!

Last edited:
Great, another 6 months of juvenile self promotion from the most insufferable clown in the sport. :thumbsdown:

Be interesting to see if Aldo gets the immediate rematch that White is campaigning for Rousey to get.

Damn, so close!

hahaha hate him or love him he is so good for the sport. he keeps the people interested.

i dont think he will get the rematch. interesting press conference dana white seems to think he has to vacate if he is moving up to 155. conor has other plans he wants to move to 155 and take out challengers from both divisions lolol.

and yeah that SOUZA fight hurt me so much, split frigin decision i thought he had it too. round two was so close.

I thought McGregor's plan was to beat him up a little before Knocking him out.
I knew Rousey would loose to Holm. At least that went a round.
The McGregor v Aldo fight or supposed fight was a joke.
McGregor should get out of the Octogon and get in the Ring where the bigger $ are.

I thought McGregor's plan was to beat him up a little before Knocking him out.
I knew Rousey would loose to Holm. At least that went a round.
The McGregor v Aldo fight or supposed fight was a joke.
McGregor should get out of the Octogon and get in the Ring where the bigger $ are.

The beauty of UFC is that a fight can go 13 seconds or 5 rounds. The fight itself wasn't a joke, it just ended much quicker than anyone predicted.

I had McGregor winning by TKO, but certainly not that early.

Aldo is an absolute stud, just goes to show that even the very best can get caught.

People were quick to hit the conspiracy theory button after the Ronda loss, because people like to believe they know how a fight should happen. If there's a big upset, rather than just admitting that their prediction was wildly inaccurate, people jump on the "the fight was fixed" bandwagon.

The reality is, Ronda panicked when her traditional gameplan of running through opponents became evident that it wouldn't work. She become flustered, and it really threw her off her game. A lot of people said she didn't look like Ronda. My response to that was that we've never seen Ronda face true adversity inside the Octagon, she's never been in a situation where she's been getting beat up, so how can anyone make comparisons to how she would otherwise react.

McGregor v Aldo was an interesting fight, Aldo came out with the intention of finishing McGregor in 20 seconds, and the punch he threw might have startled McGregor had Conor not slip the left on the chin. For all intents and pruposes, the alternative ending to that fight very well could've been Aldo TKO'ing McGregor in 20 seconds, as opposed to McGregor KO'ing him in 13. Nothing sus, a precise clip on the chin will drop any man god ever made.

But Aldo's intention were to drop Conor, and drop him quickly. Had Conor have not landed that punch, there's every chance we're sitting here saying "WOW Aldo really shut the loud mouth up, 20 seconds LMFAO"

i won on shevchenko as well. she looked good in the grapple too, i backed her on her muay thai, she could be one to watch. i watched her train at tiger in thailand last year she is incredible

Didn't catch day 1 but sat for most of day 2 of Rizin

Jumped on at about Hasegawa v Ward, so I missed the HW tournament semis (a decisions and a retirement) and the opening women's bout - though I saw the highlights of Rena's beautiful flying armbar finish.

Gabi Garcia v Lei'D Tapa was scary for so many reasons. Firstly, Garcia is 216lb and looks like Pete Steele. Which explains why TNA Wrestling alum Tapa is probably one of the few people on the planet they can get to fight here as she weighed in at about 205lb. Secondly, this fight was UGLY. I've seen better stand up from women on Worldstar Hip Hop. Both got tagged, first Garcia went down, but survived, then Tapa got tagged by a backfist (and not a premeditated one, one that followed through after a whiffed haymaker), where Garcia followed to the ground, sat on her, held Tapa's face with one hand and tapped it with the other until the ref stopped the fight.

Akebono v Sapp wasn't much better sadly, but for different reasons. Akebono got a bad cut in the first round, on the side of the head, which they kept stopping the fight to tend to. There's reports of Stitch at ringside saying its nicked a vessel and there's no way they were ever stopping the flow. But alas they made it out of the first round. But heading in the second Sapp got carded for punching the back of the head, even though Akebono caused it by cowering and turning as the punches came in. Nevertheless the second rounded never got far as they stopped yet again to tend to Akebono's head and eventually called it off. Sapp got the win based on the first round judging.

Baruto v Aerts was... suitably bizarre. Aerts is old and shop worn, guy walks like The Great Khali... he's also only 216lbs. Baruto is a 400lb Estonian Sumo wrestler. And this was an MMA rules fight (though only 3 x 3 min rounds). Fight basically involved Aerts trying to kickbox, Baruto bullrushing, Aerts backing up in the straight line, getting caught in the clinch, and then Baruto using his bulk to fall on top of Aerts. To Baruto's credit at the end of the first, it looked like he was working a north-south choke. In the second, Aerts managed to end up on top, getting Baruto's back and trying to twist his head off, to no avail. By the 3rd Aerts was gassed after being smothered for 10 mins by Baruto's bitch tits, and proceeded to spend another 3 in the same predicament. Baruto got the nod.

After the circus sideshow it was onto the best two fights of the night;

Andy Souwer v Yuichiro Nagashima was interesting for having two guys who come from kickboxing, both K-1 veterans (K-1 level striking Joe!), taking each other on in an MMA fight. That said Souwer is a Shoot Boxing champ as well, where they allow standing grappling and submissions. An entertaining back and forth scrap, but then Souwer got scary when he had the dominant position on the ground, landing a flush knee that had Nagashima spitting up a tooth. Souwer then took advantage when Nagashima scrambled to his feet, unloading combos and hamming the body until Nagashima flopped over and the ref stopped it. Souwer is only 33, so I wouldn't mind seeing him in a few more MMA bouts.

Then came Kron Gracie - son of Rickson - taking on Asen Yamamoto - nephew of Kid. BJJ v Wrestling. As game as Asen was - and he showed to terrific resilience and ability escaping from many of Kron's submission attempts - Kron was just too good. Asen ended up in a triangle which he tried to powerbomb his way out of, which almost never works unless you're Rampage Jackson, ultimately making it worse and finally tapping.

Then came what we were all waiting for

seVA4mE.jpg

Look there's no two ways around, you have middling kickiboxer Singh Jaideep with his 2-0 MMA record facing one of the most heralded heavyweights in MMA history with 39 fights experience. Barring a hail mary there was only one way this was going to go.

That said, Fedor still has some of the most downright scary ground and pound in MMA. It wasn't Heath Herring, but at times it was close. Great to see the big man back.

Then the stream I was watching - a legit stream from Russian public broadcaster Match TV - decided to cross over to the World Jr Ice Hockey championships, because you know, once Fedor is done, we're done.

So I missed the HW tournament final.

And here it is

All in all, a fun event, that gives me a sliver of hope that big time JMMA is coming back.

Back
Top Bottom