UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

im so glad he won. hendricks was so boring, everytime he took him down, he made no attempt to advance his position, he just laid on him. still in saying that, being boring as fuck usually scores you points, so i don't know how one judge scored it 49-46 becuase the 2nd and 3rd were definitely Hendricks rounds. 1,4,5 i gave to lawler, even when hendricks was able to get him down, lawler did more damage from the bottom then hendricks did having snooze and laying all over him, especially with that combo of elbows and punches in the 4th. 1st round i thought robbie dominated 4:30 of it till he let hendricks get him to the ground in the last 30 seconds.

but in saying all that you could tell by the hendricks reaction from the GSP fight in comparison to this one that he genuinely thought that this one was a close fight, he wasn't even mad when it ended unlike the gsp fight where he looked like a broken man.

Bring on the Trilogy though, both these two are lengths above the rest of the division. who is next Rory mac? he'd have no hope against either of them

lawlerscorecard.0.0.JPG

I can't fault the decision. I personally had Lawler with 1, 4 & 5.

UFC signs CM Punk to a multi fight deal.

Somewhere in SE Asia Ben Askren is losing his mind.

I thought this was so random, but pretty interested to see him fight even if it is a sideshow attraction type thing. A lot of people are saying this hurts the UFC's credibility but I know for sure it'll make them a lot of money and that's what they are in business for.

lol UFC's credibility

Louis_Gaudinot_vs_Phil_Harris.gif

Also James Toney and Kimbo Slice.

I'm pumped, Punk its like 10 Chael Sonnens, he'll sell the s*** out a fight. Especially if his opponent comes in beating his chest, going on about fake fighting and generally being disrespectful.

This is Pride booking at its finest and I loved Pride.

I am so upset Melendez lost perfect game plan however this shows how one mistake could cost you the fight against Pettis. Don't get me wrong I love Pettis however Melendez is my favourite fighter in the UFC. And seeing him get submitted was upsetting :( :( :(

Indifferent either way but I was satisfied given he's been a terrible coach on TUF20, you could turn every time he yells out "SCORE SOME POINTS" during a fight into a drinking game.

You'd swear he was following from Diaz's lead and taking the piss out of "point fighters" and the way MMA is judged.

Indifferent either way but I was satisfied given he's been a terrible coach on TUF20, you could turn every time he yells out "SCORE SOME POINTS" during a fight into a drinking game.

You'd swear he was following from Diaz's lead and taking the piss out of "point fighters" and the way MMA is judged.

im glad im not the only one who noticed this haha.

anyone buy any walk out t shirts and know where i can get my hands on that pettis one. i have searched far and wide and cannot find it anywhere. i really like it. its plain and not overloaded with shit, and sponsorss

anthony-pettis-ufc-1811.jpg

Yeah theres a thought i hope thats the case becuase i do want one and i looked at the pettis collection on reeboks site and couldnt find it

TUF20 finale tomorrow.

Here's hoping Chambers gets the job done on Daly, but when you're a 105er taking on a former 125lb belt holder, the odds are against you. :thumbsdown:

Would like to see Bec Rawlings gets steamrolled but they gave her an opponent walking around with a torn ACL.

Stoked that filth bec rawlings lost! Shes an embarrassment to Aussies

Will have to watch this one later on Fight Pass, but from what I've read it was a weird night. Diaz walking out on a Fox interview, Brunson gets food poisoning, Moraga forgetting the first rule, Gadelha pulling a Daley, Riggs nearly pulling a Lindland, Overeem winning

Also, the UFC is about to be on the end of a class action from current and former fighters.

We have been able to confirm that the suit will be based on accusations that the UFC has violated antitrust laws by abusing their "market power" to intentionally and systematically cripple the free market. Several of the individuals we spoke to compared it to the recent San Jose hi-tech employee and NCAA antitrust cases. The manager of one high profile fighter who wished to remain anonymous has informed Bloody Elbow that the plaintiffs will be seeking damages for potentially hundreds of millions of dollars due to reduced fight purses, video game rights fees, and other sources of income. The final amount could even be greater, with statutes awarding "treble damages" in antitrust cases.

According to our sources the fighters are represented by three or four large firms renowned for antitrust litigation. The firms named to us have won major class action antitrust cases against bigger targets than the UFC, including against those in the banking, credit, technology and pharmaceutical industries.

As one well known former fighter told us "These are major players. These are not people [the UFC] will be able to out-spend."

Back
Top Bottom