MJ Rookie Reprint?

ive seen quite a few on ebay before, never bid on one though, they seem to sell quite well, not for anything like the original of course :wink: , but there is allways people putting bids on for them .

86-87 Fleer has been subject to counterfeit for ages, from what I've read, MJ of course is the most one duplicated.

They managed to recall a heap of these, and stamped them all REPRINT, so people would know.

They can still fetch a small price, roughly $20AU at times.

Chad and others might like to add a bit more to this, as I'm not 100% for sure the whole story.

There is also cards NOT stamped reprint, look EXACTLY the same, and ARE REPRINTS!!
(I wouldnt have a clue how to tell the difference)!!

It's so annoying because I need one of these reprints for my collection, but stupid people bid way too much! :evil:

They shouldn't go for more than about $5 because as far as I understand are pretty worhtless! Still need one for the gap where the original should go, so if anyone on this site has a copy they wanna sell for no more than $5... :tonqe:

Ok there is a differece between a reprint and a fake one. A fake is trying to pull off looking like an original one. Usually they sell for more for two reasons. The buyer wants to flip it as a real one or they want a cheap example of the original with the word reprint.

They look far from exactly like the real one. Usually on a fake the centering is near perfect. The front player name font can be different and under magnification they differ. On a real one you should be able to see the dots for eyes on the Bulls logo and it should be a solid black and on the back the border lines should be solid. On a fake theses two things suffer and show print dots along them. There are a few other things to look for but thats the most common thing to look for.

chadjaja® said:
On a real one you should be able to see the dots for eyes on the Bulls logo and it should be a solid black and on the back the border lines should be solid. On a fake theses two things suffer and show print dots along them. There are a few other things to look for but thats the most common thing to look for.

There ya go! I knew that... LOL.

See, I had no idea! I've never had anyone explain the differences, thanks Chad!

Back
Top Bottom