MJ PMG Green!

yes....it will go for between 10-12k

i think if he'd seriously been offered 20k he'd have taken it, if he owns that card and he collects cards then he know what its worth and 20 is overpaying so he'd have snapped it up straight away...

damn terry i though you were up there with collectors but mate that comment has blown me away.

This card is THE holy grail of pretty much ANY collector known to basketball be it set/player/pc. PMG greens are THE card to own. Logoman's mean nothing to collectors when it comes to comparing to PMG green. you wont find a better card from the 90 up until now that attracts more interest than a PMG green. the new ones that are out now are crap, those pmg's mean nothing and you can tell with the drop in price (lucky verse1!!) It doesnt have to have had jordan sign it or touch it to make it valuable, to a true collector the Jordan PMG is the Pinnacle and im not even a jordan collector but if you ask any of the top 10 jordan collectors throughout the world id bet my life 10 would say this is it (outside the BGS 10 RC of course)

oh and an edit...this card sold for a bit over 10k before christmas :D

I agree with you completely Slobby. The PMG Green is the card to get for any player collector. I let the DC version slip away a couple of years ago because I didn't have the money at the time to buy it and I haven't seen another one come up ever since; I probably never will.

If I was the seller I would hold it as the value of it will no doubt only continue to increase.

I know of at least one former Michael Jordan teammate who's convinced that Jordan wants to make an NBA comeback at 50 years old.

If that's true, His Airness has two years to find a buyer for the Charlotte Bobcats so he's eligible to play again.

Jordan practiced Thursday with the Bobcats -- one week before his 48th birthday -- and looked quite good according to co-captain Stephen Jackson.

"We should sign him," Jackson told me, adding that Jordan dunked "without any effort" and citing a sweet lefty finish on a post-up move as MJ's most memorable contribution to the workout.

Don't forget, though, that league rules preclude NBA owners from playing for their own teams without selling off their shares. Don't forget, furthermore, that Jordan (with the Wizards in 2001) and Magic Johnson (with the Lakers in 1996 and with yours truly as a first-year Lakers beat writer) were mere minority owners when they made their comebacks from the executive suite, making it a lot easier to find someone to buy them out.

You figure it would take Jordan at least two years to find someone willing to assume majority control of the Bobcats, given how long it took His Airness to assemble a deal to take over from founding owner Bob Johnson.

Weekend Dime: Latest trade chatter - ESPN

i dont see what all the fuss is about for that card if it was old school and it was 1/1 then i would say yes i agress worth alot of money but 10 others in the world.

besides the point, if you have a 1/1 it obviously means its the only version of that card in existence thus meaning it is alot more rare then that card which has 10 copies.

yes....it will go for between 10-12k

i think if he'd seriously been offered 20k he'd have taken it, if he owns that card and he collects cards then he know what its worth and 20 is overpaying so he'd have snapped it up straight away...

damn terry i though you were up there with collectors but mate that comment has blown me away.

This card is THE holy grail of pretty much ANY collector known to basketball be it set/player/pc. PMG greens are THE card to own. Logoman's mean nothing to collectors when it comes to comparing to PMG green. you wont find a better card from the 90 up until now that attracts more interest than a PMG green. the new ones that are out now are crap, those pmg's mean nothing and you can tell with the drop in price (lucky verse1!!) It doesnt have to have had jordan sign it or touch it to make it valuable, to a true collector the Jordan PMG is the Pinnacle and im not even a jordan collector but if you ask any of the top 10 jordan collectors throughout the world id bet my life 10 would say this is it (outside the BGS 10 RC of course)

oh and an edit...this card sold for a bit over 10k before christmas :D

:lol: I am full of surprises ;) The funny thing is that I would have been one of those collectors that is not computer savvy and rocked up at a local trade day owning something like that and end up trading it for a Jordan auto from sweet shot on the day. Of course I would Hope that a more honest collector would point out that it was worth 10x that amount before I gave it away !

bro he's receiving offers even OVER $20,000 for it, but he's currently considering and looking over what else he may have/get (he has $25,000 on the table right now). with all the hype around the PMGs, the MJ is the most wanted of the bunch (with Kobe closely behind). the seller bought it for a pretty penny, but it shows u how in just a few months the price of a card can go up considerably!! it also shows u how Panini have taken the NBA hobby down into the graves, with many collectors ditching all the new products and starting to concentrate on the 90's era cards/inserts/parallels. Panini's version of "inserts" have been nothing but trash!! they flooded the market with crap, only cos they had received feedback from collectors when they were starting out that us collectors wanted to see the "90's kind of inserts" back in this hobby.

lol lol, leave terry alone, his been living under a rock for the last 13 years dont you know that??! :lol::lol: lmao, just messing with ya tez ;)

Cheers Steve :D Ignorance is bliss sometimes. It still amazes me at how much there is to know and learn about this hobby :)

Its cards like this that highlight how little I must know about this hobby. I would not pay $1000 for this card let alone $20k !!! Produced by a machine with nothing personal about it besides the player on the front ! One positive about it I guess, It does include FREE post :lol:

Agree with Terry, this is just a good case of some collector hoarding on to a majority of the cards and expecting an extravagent amount because the market is cornered. Sound like the story of silver.

i dont see what all the fuss is about for that card if it was old school and it was 1/1 then i would say yes i agress worth alot of money but 10 others in the world.

agree with you on the fact theres 10 of them pete, but theres rumours one place/shop owns a big percentage of them all (heard they own 8 of the /10 made, but even if its 5 they own, thats cornered the market for the remaining ones out there). they are RARELY EVER seen for sale. this is the first one ive ever seen hit ebay, legitimatly. plus a Red version surfaced on ebay last night aswell, sellers got it $10,000 BIN or BO.
ur comment bout if they were old school cards, bro they are old school cards (near mid 90's inserts/parallels). i see your point about the whole 1/1 thing, if you find a Masterpiece 1/1 michael jordan and see how much it sells for from the same years as this pmg green in question, your jaw will drop.

besides the point, if you have a 1/1 it obviously means its the only version of that card in existence thus meaning it is alot more rare then that card which has 10 copies.

In a sense..... you see a lot of 1/1's these days & they don't sell for that much a lot of the times because they are mass produced..... as are/10 cards etc...... cards from the 90's this didn't happen & even /100 was rare as companies didn't used to make many like this & also manufactured a TON more product, making the changes of finding them extremely hard.... IMO the 1/1's like the masterpieces are the TRUE 1/1's.

Surprisingly enough Jordan 1/1s out of the 90s are not selling high at all. Thats probably one of the most weird things to be seen in the hobby today, but thats the way it has been documented.

Because of the low prices, some savvy collectors were able to grab the majority of MJs 90s masterpieces and put them away for good. Supposedly only a handful of collectors bought all 1/1s of MJ, which appeared on eBay over the last 4 years.

Btw, 1 97-98 PMG Green has a home in Australia. The former bond_girl_007, now make_me_smile, owns one copy. She was offering her specimen last year, but withdrew rather quickly. Back then it was mentioned that offers eclipsed 20.000 USD at the time of withdrawal. Have heard substantiated talk of higher offers for the card listed this year.

As MJs 90s masterpieces are out of play, the big question is: Which card is worth more, the 97-98 Upper Deck Game Jersey Auto /23 or the talked about 97-98 PMG Green /10 ? I would still go with the first, but quite some people suggest otherwise.

I like those:D if only I were the emperor of Google, that would go well in my draw. :)

I'll never understand how people would be willing to spend so much on a non auto card.

So many mass produced autos and different #ed versions of the same player in the same set, I feel like chucking all mine out, panini didn't do much for the product either, apart making ppl more tired of mass producted stuff and how ugly panini cards really are (flame me if you will but alot of pannini stuff is bollocks minus a few that are ok). 90's are on the way back.
Nothing will ever beat the good ol bkb insert days :)

Surprisingly enough Jordan 1/1s out of the 90s are not selling high at all. Thats probably one of the most weird things to be seen in the hobby today, but thats the way it has been documented.

Because of the low prices, some savvy collectors were able to grab the majority of MJs 90s masterpieces and put them away for good. Supposedly only a handful of collectors bought all 1/1s of MJ, which appeared on eBay over the last 4 years.

Btw, 1 97-98 PMG Green has a home in Australia. The former bond_girl_007, now make_me_smile, owns one copy. She was offering her specimen last year, but withdrew rather quickly. Back then it was mentioned that offers eclipsed 20.000 USD at the time of withdrawal. Have heard substantiated talk of higher offers for the card listed this year.

As MJs 90s masterpieces are out of play, the big question is: Which card is worth more, the 97-98 Upper Deck Game Jersey Auto /23 or the talked about 97-98 PMG Green /10 ? I would still go with the first, but quite some people suggest otherwise.

I know which one i'd prefer but i agree i reckon the PMG Green would sell for more right now.

90s are on the way back for sure, look at the 93/94 scoring kings insert for example, give that more time and a gem mint condition one will start selling for more than an auto!

I like those:D if only I were the emperor of Google, that would go well in my draw. :)

So many mass produced autos and different #ed versions of the same player in the same set, I feel like chucking all mine out, panini didn't do much for the product either, apart making ppl more tired of mass producted stuff and how ugly panini cards really are (flame me if you will but alot of pannini stuff is bollocks minus a few that are ok). 90's are on the way back.

90s are on the way back for sure, look at the 93/94 scoring kings insert for example, give that more time and a gem mint condition one will start selling for more than an auto!

thats good to hear I have alomst 2 sets completed :)

Well if you're throwing them away i'd be happy to take your Jordan autos.

Back
Top Bottom