Melbourne V Collingwood Official Game Thread

I look for the pies to take this by around 35-40 pts..

They are too good goal line to goal line...Tarrant will run rampant with close to 20 marks, many will be well up the ground but that'll just make more space for ROCCCCCCA, didak and Neon to weave it up ...
I think the pies captain knows where the posts are too..
Good call :p....almost as good as Josh Frazer waving Jeff White off yesterday in the 3rd!!

You got me on that one, was close to the margin but the wrong team hey!
Hopefully they meet in the finals, that would be a sick atmosphere

Hahaha....yeah wrong team is right ;). I am really surprised at the lack of impact of Collingwoods big names....But the Dees....they were white hot on the weekend and Collingwood were pressured into silly skill errors which in turn cost them the game.

Malthouses coaching was reflected in the score....why you would leave "the greatest collingwood player ever" at full forward for a majority of the match has got me beat. Also, Rocca needed a run in the middle.

On the other hand Daniher was brilliant. Bruce on Tarrent, River floating across half back and floating forward for his first 2 goals in league footy!!

Some other positive signs for the Dees were....
Bate - Great youngster in only his 6th game of footy had a blinder
Other Youngsters - We had some big names out yesterday and the youngsters loved the big occassion. Bartram, Read, C Johnson, Dunn all had very good games and we can only get stronger with the likes of Mclean, Maloney, Silvia & Miller to come back in!!
Davey - Back to some good form and his chase down at the end of the first quarter was a highlight!!
Forward Line - Robbo was held to very few possessions and we still kicked 20 goals. Midfielders are contributing heaps and even Rivers kicked a couple!!
Tackles, Tackles, Tackles - Well how good are we. #1 Tackling team in the comp and we shook the Pies off their feet.
Bruce - Proved he can play anywhere on the field. A class player!!

Focker OUT!!

This result pelases me my tipping for the round reached a respectable 7 outta 8 because of the Dees. (it was the bloopdy swans that cost me).

Nice to see Colingwood receive a reality check. Melbourne best Victorian side and I want an Adelaide Melbourne Grand Final - unless Hawks can have miracle second half of season, which yeah more likely i'll win the lotto by finding the winning ticket in the street.

reign i recon they just might too.
They are a good team that will play finals footy for many years to come but they are preety inexperienced and are a tad soft.
imagine that, dees vs pies for the 2006 premiership in front of 100+ thousand.
That would be a great match and it would be great for a Vic side to win the flag this year which hasnt been the case for 5 years!!

I'd like an All vic grand final in the next couple of years, Pretty sure the pies will be there within 5yrs, hopefully the dees, cats or saints can pull their fingers out and make it a reality

Sorry I hadnt posted before, I wasnt hiding :) just hungover.
Ok where to start...we got our pants pulled down on monday, Didak (god love him) had more clangers in the 1st quarter than hes had all year , our overall disposal was terrible (sitting the ball on guys heads rather than out in front) after halftime is kinda a blurrrrrr!! :) but all credit to melbourne they played with great movement fierce tackling and when rivers is kicking goals you know the game is as good as over.

p.s Didak IS a star and the highlight of the day for me was seeing Jimmy C give robbo an absolute bath... about the only position on the ground we won all day.
Clement ALL AUSTRALIAN AGAIN.

Thanks and WD melb .....Shoes

Yeah they were the first two goals Rivers has kicked in his short career. :D
And Robbo has been battling an injury cloud for over a month, and will probally get rested this week with the break coming up .

MetallicA' said:
Yeah they were the first two goals Rivers has kicked in his short career. :D
And Robbo has been battling an injury cloud for over a month, and will probally get rested this week with the break coming up .
Robbo could be 200% and Clement would towel him every day of the week lets give credit where its due, as I have.

Back
Top Bottom