Magic vs Hawks round 1 playoffs ***spoilers inside***

Dwight dominating. Haven't seen any of the games but I wonder what the Hawk's strategy is. Defend shooters, double Dwight and let someone else beat them?

From what Ive seen and read, they are basically hitting Howard everytime he gets the ball or runs the floor. The ol' Hack a Shaq technique by the sounds of things! i just hope he can keep it in check and the refs actually call the majority of the crap they need to so he doesn't lose it big time!

The guy is a powerhouse!

From what Ive seen and read, they are basically hitting Howard everytime he gets the ball or runs the floor. The ol' Hack a Shaq technique by the sounds of things! i just hope he can keep it in check and the refs actually call the majority of the crap they need to so he doesn't lose it big time!

The guy is a powerhouse!

Hardly hacking the bloke. Alll they are doing is letting Howard have his way and guarding the other 4 shooters. They realise they cant stop the big man. Did it very well in game 1 but game 2 was not so good. As good as howard is he cant bring other players into the game.

Hardly hacking the bloke. Alll they are doing is letting Howard have his way and guarding the other 4 shooters. They realise they cant stop the big man. Did it very well in game 1 but game 2 was not so good. As good as howard is he cant bring other players into the game.

Mate, at least 3 fouls Ive seen on Howard have boarded on Flagarants. They have been hitting him body wise a lot. They are by no means letting him have his way, they are making him physically work hard for it. But, your also right, they let him score 40+ and guard the others to the tilt and they are not going to get the free flowing points Orlando has been use to the past few seasons!

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 02:11 PM ----------

He's also shot a combined 41 free throws over the 2 games.. That represents they are going after him.

Mate, at least 3 fouls Ive seen on Howard have boarded on Flagarants. They have been hitting him body wise a lot. They are by no means letting him have his way, they are making him physically work hard for it. But, your also right, they let him score 40+ and guard the others to the tilt and they are not going to get the free flowing points Orlando has been use to the past few seasons!

Toughen up princess is what I say. Big men these days are soft. Shaq, Zo, D Rob, Hakeem used to go harder than these fairies. They are hardly flagarent fouls just a hard foul. If you want to stop him scoring foul him hard and send him to the line. However what Howard has done well through this series is shoot well from the foul line so it has back fired somewhat. People are getting a bit precious about Howard at the moment. I suppose its because there isn't too many quality big men in the league at the moment so we don't have those great low down in the post duals of the 90s and early 00s.
Its also quite obvious this is how the refs are going to call it so Howard needs to learn to play with it or he will continue to get tech fouled and hurt his team with missed games.
What ever happened to no blood no foul :D

C'mon Hawks!!!!!! Have to finish the series out at home

---------- Post added 29-04-2011 at 11:39 AM ----------

Joe Johnson may have earned his max contract this game, some great moves keeping the Hawk lead at around 10

---------- Post added 29-04-2011 at 12:05 PM ----------

Josh Smith I think it was guarding JJ Redick at the end there, left him and let him run right out for an open 3, could have been costly wow.
But Hawks are through, Magic are out, disappointing season and may regret that trade deal.......

Team CEO Bob Vander Weide has already said nobody is getting fired and that he is happy with general manager Otis Smith and coach Stan Van Gundy. But as Van Gundy said before tipoff Thursday night, "Those votes of confidence are usually the kiss of death in this game." Of course, Van Gundy was joking even though this is not a joking matter. We are, after all, only talking about the future of the franchise here. Orlando Sentinel

What does this translate to? - CYA Van Gundy AND Otis Smith imo :lol:

Back
Top Bottom