Lets hear your stories on how "you won" on a card sale...a success story!!!

araiee

Lebron, Kobe and Westbrook!!!
Real Name
Aram
eBay User
relstar3127
Hi all...I was just thinking back to all the times I have been ripped a new one when buying boxes and getting nothing or dealing a card that you should have kept!!!
But sometimes you have a nice little win and think to yourself maybe its worthwhile after all!!!

here are two instances in which I feel I made the right decision and made some money!!!

1} Pulled a Kyrie Irving 12/13 prizm auto rookie /25, at the time his cards where going stupid and previous sales of this card were insane...so I put it on ebay with a BIN of $2500 and it sold overnight and the money was paid into paypal straight away...at the time I thought should I have kept it...but recent sales if you can find one hightlight another story...the last couple have gone raw for $300-400 ouch if you bought one back then...

2} Purchased a lebron 08/09 pmg green in beautiful condition, for $800aus, my wife went nuts when I bought it, but I wanted it and new that It would carry more value...over time I toyed with it on ebay and knocked back one offer of 6k us...ouch!!!! because I was unsure at the time, so when it comes down to it, I finally sold it 12 months later for just under 4k us, with the exchange rate at the time I think it equated to about an extra $400 in my pocket...since then I believe they have lost some value and did well to sell it...plus these are so condition sensitive and seem to degrade over time, I have the red version that has never been out of a one touch and has been buried in my box of goodies away from light etc...and have noticed lately that the black areas are starting to white up a bit...might want to check yours everyone if you have any of these in your collection...

Bought my 97/98 EX Essential Credentials Now Cedric Ceballos for less than $40 back in about 2007/8. There was a thread on HK asking people to show theirs off. A guy asked if I would be interested in selling, to which I said only a stupid offer would get it. Well, money wasn't an issue for him and got $300 US for it about a year ago. Kind of regret selling, but for that value its hard to turn down...

Probably my best memory is my Michael Jordan Scoring Magnet.
At the time it was Beckett value of $200 and I had it sitting under the counter, reserved at my local card shop.
Now I had purchased a sealed box set of Inline Hemp cards and 3 cards were missing and few others were damaged.
I sent a rather strongly worded letter to the company, not expecting to hear back.
2 weeks later I received, 3 x all the cards that were missing and damaged, 3 x the insert card from the set and an extra with redemption stamp, plus 1 x stamped holo insert from their previous set.
Proudly showed my haul to the owner of said card establishment and was offered a straight trade, Hemp insert card (without redemption stamp) for Jordan Scoring Magnet ... S O L D !!! :kick:=D>:thumbsup::whistle:

Last edited:
Bought a jersey numbered Paul George NT AU a couple years back for $100 which was considered quite high at the time - anyway he went on to battle Lebron in those big playoff games so I decided to sell, it went for 450 - guy got it graded and it's still sitting on eBay now - and then George decided to become PG13. Happy with that.

My little success story is still evolving did a $200 trade for 2006-07 E-X Essential Credentials Future #4 Michael Jordan/77 about 5-6 years ago and it's still paying off. Have the Lebron and Jordan from this year just hope they continue to get higher, I am a little surprised at their prices Lebron books at $100 but Jordan is $1000. Also anyone have a theory on why Jordan is so high it is /77, there are a lot other Jordan's that are numbered lower and signed but don't book so high. Anyway very seriously thinking of sending both over to get graded.

kyries prices were just insane in 12-13. remember buying a certified blue patch for under a $100 i think, sold it a few weeks later for $400US

had a GB win with 12-13 imacc. got the lakers, cant remember the going rate back then, about $350. pulled a kobe inscriptions auto /99 , kobe base 1/99 , kober jumbo patch auto /75 , kobe tag /6 all in one case. sold them all for about $2500

My best win was entering a random team group break in the US of 12-13 NT basketball and getting the cavs in the team draw. Watching live I was nervous as all hell but to my surprise out came a sweet kyrie rpa. The patch was dope too.
Spot price was $60 and before the break id had offers of $500 from some ballers in the room at the time. Glad I took the chance to push through, as I sold it at the perfect time and got $2.5k.
With that money my wife and I did our final IFV procedure which was successful and now my son is nearly 1.
Love telling people I sold a basketball card to pay for him haha

My best win was entering a random team group break in the US of 12-13 NT basketball and getting the cavs in the team draw. Watching live I was nervous as all hell but to my surprise out came a sweet kyrie rpa. The patch was dope too.
Spot price was $60 and before the break id had offers of $500 from some ballers in the room at the time. Glad I took the chance to push through, as I sold it at the perfect time and got $2.5k.
With that money my wife and I did our final IFV procedure which was successful and now my son is nearly 1.
Love telling people I sold a basketball card to pay for him haha

wow...that beats us all hands down...awesome scenario mate...

Most of my gains involve the Kawhi MVP craze when $7 autos were turned into $50 autos over night. Some of my recent bonuses included a 2012-13 Kawhi RC Green Prizm which I bought for $6.99 and sold it immediately for $85. Also just sold a sick Danny Green Immac patch for $123USD after initially paying $41USD.

Back
Top Bottom