"Legendary" Players without Sig cards : Help needed

This is a good thread, forced me to go through the Centenary album for names...

John Sattler: hard as they come and a champion bloke

Ron Coote: top 100 & men of league

Tom Raudonikis: top 100, first origin played

Sterlo, Junior Pearce, Blocker & Gene Miles: All top 100 and have had or still do alot with league

Brett Kenny
ET
Hazem
Alan Tongue
Preston Campbell
Mat Rogers
Macdougall
Petero
Craig Wing
Stacey Jones

One player who I think is an unsung hero in the Blue & White is Greg Brentnall. Played for Australia, NSW, Country (and City :crazy:), won a Rothmans Medal, won a premiership, remained in the game as an administrator (albeit with Melbourne :cautious:) and does so to this day.
Blokes a legend.

Agree with Michael, especially with Billy Smith and Craig 'Albert' Young...234 games for Dragons, 10 for the Cockroaches, 20 Tests, 2 Premierships, 1 as captain, member of undefeated Aussie schoolboys tour of GB in 1972, also in 1982 'Invincibles' tour of GB. Still firmly entrenched at the Dragons.
Another favourite for me, but bound to get the Parra supporters (older ones) crowing, =D>, is 'Rocket' Rod Reddy...204 games for Dragons (65 tries), 33 for Illawarra, 13 for NSW, 1 for Qld, 16 tests with 7 tries.
Great memories of Rocket and Pricey going head to head along with the Wynne bros!

It's debatable. Wasn't really commonly available to collectors. But I'm happy if you guys and gals say it does and I won't include it.
well it does if you go to card shows and like to support the card community, as all card companies start somewhere, I think the majority if not all there cards-ACPS are top notch, and you will be looking for them in the future.

Billy Smith, one of the greatest 1/2 backs of all time, also played centre for the Dragons...
Craig Young hard as they came lead the Dragons to a GF victory and Panasonic Cup, played for Australia, NSW, Country....
Steve Morris, loved the guy, one of my all time favourite players, heart broke when he went to the roosters...
Ricky Walford , Nathan Blacklock, Mundine

Stacey Jones, Kevin Hastings, Ziggy Niszczot (cause its a cool name)
yes just to mention a few? LETS JUST SAY THE WHOLE 11 SAINTS TEAMS OF THE MAGIC ERA OF RUGBY LEAGUE.

I will go with John Sattler. I have met him a few times and he is an absolute champion bloke. I know he is annoying as a commentator but would Ray Warren get a run for all that he has done for Rugby League and the NRL in his career.

well it does if you go to card shows and like to support the card community, as all card companies start somewhere, I think the majority if not all there cards-ACPS are top notch, and you will be looking for them in the future.

What I meant was, if everyone was happy to say Pearce had a sig card, I wouldn't include in this list of ten.

Had nothing to do with me supporting the hobby or not, nor dissing the company that produced it.

Back
Top Bottom