Kobe says he will retire after this season

Everyone cool if he gets All-Star nod this year? Career achievement nod?
Completely fine if he gets voted in by the fans but slightly less cool if by the coaches. At the same time, All Star weekend is just a exhibition match so really, not a big deal if he makes it..

I was never a big kobe fan, especially in the early 00's, but as I've gotten older I've really come to appreciate his career. Although the last few years have been a bust and I know it's time for him to retire, in a way it's kind of sad as the last vestiges of the my 90's b-ball fandom fade away and retire. I mean after Kobe, KG & TD are the last 90's hold outs.

:p
That is a legitimate statistic. That said, these things are made to be broken.

No it's not. It is a twisted statistic.

The worst record gets a 25% chance to get #1, which means a 75% chance they don't get it.

The next best chance is 19.9%

There is no possible reason why the 19.9% chance has a better shot than the 25% chance does. It is a superstition, not a statistic.

:p

No it's not. It is a twisted statistic.

The worst record gets a 25% chance to get #1, which means a 75% chance they don't get it.

The next best chance is 19.9%

There is no possible reason why the 19.9% chance has a better shot than the 25% chance does. It is a superstition, not a statistic.

But it's never happened to date? Yes. So if history repeats this trend, like it has every year for the last 25 in its current format... That's not superstition.

But it's never happened to date? Yes. So if history repeats this trend, like it has every year for the last 25 in its current format... That's not superstition.
Delayed response due to being flat out..... lol, But you are taking a 'stat' that simply acknowledges that the highest chance spot has 75% chance of not getting #1 and using it to say that finishing with 2nd, 3rd or whatever has a better shot???
It is basic maths. Under no circumstances is it more probable that the second worst record gets #1 than the worst record

Back
Top Bottom