King chosen over Blake

loafic

Walt Frazier Collector
Real Name
Branko
eBay User
loafic
just listening to SEN radio and Gellong Football Operations Manager Neil Balme confirmed that the Cats have chosen Steven King over Mark Blake for the grand final... must be shattering for blake... has played well all season and now gets dropped...

i would have thought that u dont change a winning formula... king was dropped from the side for a reason and thats poor form, also had some injuries... mark blake has done nothing wrong but play to the best of his ability... a bit stiff i would have thought

steven king had a few good games in the vfl and mark blake played poor against the pies.

i wouldve made that change too.

Blake didnt play very well against 2 ordinary ruckmen in Chris Bryan and Guy Richards; King played well against Travis Ronaldson in the VFL Grand Final, a player who is probably better and more athletic than either Bryan or Richards.

Against an experienced and physical combo of Brogan and Lade, the Cats have decided to pick an experienced player with a massive, if injury prone, body who can go forward (I frankly dont know why the Cats dont whack him up forward more) and stretch the height of defense of Port Adelaide (anyone remember Cox snatching a few marks late against the Power by simply being taller than everyone else; King has about 5 kgs on Cox), while Blake looks like a sack of monkeys falling down a flight of stairs when runs around; decent player and very unlucky to miss out but overall, King was the right choice for mine.

I think Blake was very stiff, had a very good year. King didn't play well when he came back for the Cats during the season and Blake had better stats everywhere on the ground compared to King.

I would have chosen Blake.

Back
Top Bottom