Just a whinge lol

Eski13

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Joel Samuel
eBay User
samu7343
Friggin eBay sellers...won two auctions in the US from the same seller ..asked if he combines shipping...no response for 12 hrs so this morning I just pay anyway as it wasn't much .. although shipping was 6x the price of the two cards I won ...10mins layer they are posted with a tracking number...😤🖕😂. Oh well shit happens lol.

As an eBay buyer and seller, I would recommend you ask the combine shipping question before you bid on or win the auction. Then you know what to expect if you win. The buyer may be less inclined to give a shipping discount after the fact, might not see your message for a few hours or might not combine shipping. All possible reasons why he may not have responded after the end of the auction.

As an eBay buyer and seller, I would recommend you ask the combine shipping question before you bid on or win the auction. Then you know what to expect if you win. The buyer may be less inclined to give a shipping discount after the fact, might not see your message for a few hours or might not combine shipping. All possible reasons why he may not have responded after the end of the auction.
That's why I just went ahead and paid it anyway ...a simple no would have been nice instead of no answer then a tracking number a few mins after I paylol

Of course, but your'e assuming the worst. I doubt most sellers see a payment and jump on to print a label straight away. He may have just been shipping and saw you paid and printed the label. Good chance he didn't even see your email at that point and if he did later may not have thought a reply was warranted since you already paid.

Even if he was just ignoring you it might be out of frustration from dozens of sellers that wait until after they win auctions before asking the 'combine shipping' question. To me it doesn't sound like either of you guys did anything wrong or bad. But asking the combine shipping question before you win the auction would solve all these misunderstandings. It would almost guarantee that he replies, as well, as most sellers like buyers that are interested in multiple listings.

Of course, but your'e assuming the worst. I doubt most sellers see a payment and jump on to print a label straight away. He may have just been shipping and saw you paid and printed the label. Good chance he didn't even see your email at that point and if he did later may not have thought a reply was warranted since you already paid.

Even if he was just ignoring you it might be out of frustration from dozens of sellers that wait until after they win auctions before asking the 'combine shipping' question. To me it doesn't sound like either of you guys did anything wrong or bad. But asking the combine shipping question before you win the auction would solve all these misunderstandings. It would almost guarantee that he replies, as well, as most sellers like buyers that are interested in multiple listings.
Shit happens..it's my own fault...you live n learn lol. Now for more purchases!😂

When you buy multiple items from the same seller, after you commit to buy and before you pay there's an option to REQUEST INVOICE, it's usually below the PAY NOW button or you might have to go into MORE ACTIONS but it's there. Prompts the seller to take a look at your purchase and consolidate shipping, think they get given two days to do so

Last edited:
When you buy multiple items from the same seller, after you commit to buy and before you pay there's an option to REQUEST INVOICE, it's usually below the PAY NOW button or you might have to go into MORE OPTIONS but it's there. Prompts the seller to take a look at your purchase and consolidate shipping, think they get given two days to do so
Oh cheers man!

When you buy multiple items from the same seller, after you commit to buy and before you pay there's an option to REQUEST INVOICE, it's usually below the PAY NOW button or you might have to go into MORE ACTIONS but it's there. Prompts the seller to take a look at your purchase and consolidate shipping, think they get given two days to do so

Excellent advice here and I do this every time I win multiple items from the same seller.

It's just poor practice from the seller not to offer a discount on multiple sales.

USA sellers not answering messages. Bough a sealed box fromone seller three days ago, postage was high, like $70 on it's own, so I thought can you please post these 18 packs also. Messaged them like 5 minutes later saying, "Can you please add these packs to the shipment too. Possibly offer a discount on postage price" No answer at all, just sent the original sealed box this morning. Frustrated.

You have to remember that the seller is under no obligation to give you a discount on shipping after you have agreed to pay the prices stated in the listings. Should they work with you, yes of course, it is good customer service, but some sellers are either too busy or too greedy to care if you are offended that they charged you the full stated shipping.

The only way you can guarantee that you will get combined shipping is to message the seller and confirm their combined shipping rules before you bid or win the listing. Plus most sellers are more likely to respond to a potential buyer if they think it will help sell an item, so the odds of them responding to you before you buy is way higher than after you buy. If they don't respond to a question like that before you purchase then it is a red flag that you should may be not buy from them.

You have to remember that the seller is under no obligation to give you a discount on shipping after you have agreed to pay the prices stated in the listings. Should they work with you, yes of course, it is good customer service, but some sellers are either too busy or too greedy to care if you are offended that they charged you the full stated shipping.

The only way you can guarantee that you will get combined shipping is to message the seller and confirm their combined shipping rules before you bid or win the listing. Plus most sellers are more likely to respond to a potential buyer if they think it will help sell an item, so the odds of them responding to you before you buy is way higher than after you buy. If they don't respond to a question like that before you purchase then it is a red flag that you should may be not buy from them.
Fair call, I just won't buy from them at all in future, it makes sense to me to respond to a message, I guess I'm different, All good.

Back
Top Bottom