Jason Kidd takes down Pargo and gets ejected

I went to NBA.com to see it in better resolution!

damn! that was a hard foul! I hate the Mavs, but thats a pretty unfair call!

Kidd was going for ball, so dont think he deserved a flagrant 2!!!

He stripped the ball from his hands and got a piece of Pargo also, that to me isnt a foul worth being thrown out of the game!!!! Yes it was hard, but was playing for the ball!

But hey, what do u do!!!

that wasn't a hard flagrant.. really didn't deserve to be ejected.. well maybe if it was a season gm.. only reason pargo flipped was because he was too light. if it was done on a heftier pg i doubt it'll look as dramatic

it's a playoff foul nothing more nothing less

That's it.

In the replay it looked worse. Kidd was going for the ball, no doubt about that, but his left hand caught Pargo's jersey, which caused him to "flip" forwards making it look really bad.

Not sure who the other Hornets guy was (Wright?) but rather than help his team mate up, he was straight on to Kidd.

Shouldnt have got ejected, cos now that means suspension I think. And that'll mean playoff suspension too.

The Mavs hopes were already shot, now they're f-cked. lol.

Anyways, you can't blame that on their performance, they totally sucked against New Orleans this playoff run.

Look forward to next season.

Go Nets!!! lol, just kidding.

EDIT:
Just read that Kidd won't be suspended from Flagrant.
Still think they're chances of winning will be shot. He's going to get boo'd that bad in New Orleans for Game 5.
Chris Paul was quoted:
"I don't think there's [any] reason for him to be suspended for the next game"

How the hell can you be defending that? He was going for the ball originally but didn't get near it, let alone touch it, and decided to instead grab the guys head and pull him down while in mid air. Had Pargo not had his hands in front of him he could have broken his neck.

I'm not defending it.

I was defending the Frag. 2 call.

He actually got his right hand on the ball, but his left came around his head, and pulled him forward. Not sure it was intent like you say it is.

I'm not defending it.

I was defending the Frag. 2 call.

He actually got his right hand on the ball, but his left came around his head, and pulled him forward. Not sure it was intent like you say it is.

Nopt sure which video you're watching, but his right hand misses the ball and the ball only comes loose cause Pargo realises he's in trouble and lets it go to save his head.

I find it hard to see intent from Kidd also, but how do you accidently grab someone around the neck?

In my eyes, it deserves the Flag.2 call because losing someones balance while they are in the air is so dangerous anyway, let alone when you grab their head and pull them down.

No suspension according to Sportscenter, and I agree. Hard foul, hard playoff foul as someone said, fair enough he get's ejected but doesn't warrant a suspension imo.

How the hell can you be defending that? He was going for the ball originally but didn't get near it, let alone touch it, and decided to instead grab the guys head and pull him down while in mid air. Had Pargo not had his hands in front of him he could have broken his neck.

It probably wouldn't warrant a suspension because Pargo got up quickly, but we've all seen what happens when you lay a hard foul on a smaller player (remember TJ Ford?). And because the refs can now review these flagrant fouls they saw on the replay that Kidd clearly grabbed Pargo and threw him down. So I think it was the right call to eject him. If you click the link below it explains the difference between the two types of flagrant fouls.

NBA.com Explaining the NBA’s Most Misunderstood Rules

Again, lucky Pargo was able to get his hands out because he could definitely have broken his neck if he landed on his head.

Also, if anyone saw the Haywood flagrant on Lebron it was ruled a flagrant 2 and I think it was mainly because of the way he shoved Lebron in mid air. Again, could have caused a very serious injury as Reggie Miller commented in the clip below though he thought it was only a flagrant 1 foul.

YouTube - LeBron James Hammered by Brendan Haywood Flagrant Foul!

I don't mind hard fouls, but when you put a player in serious danger I think it deserves an ejection. :v:

And a quote on Yahoo written as a description of the Kidd foul:

"Instead of trying to make the block, a lazy Jason Kidd grabs Pargo by the back of the neck and swings him to the court. Incredibly, Pargo wasn't injured on the fall, but Kidd was ejected thanks to a Flagrant-2 foul."

Perfectly described.

Back
Top Bottom