J-Rich to the Suns for Diaw & Bell

Both teams win in this trade. But it won't make a whole lot of impact. Suns add a scorer and probably will get their ppg back to 108-112. They're not actually defensive minded as they are in the bottom for points allowed anyway.

Bobcats will finally pass the ball around. Felton, Augustine, Okafor, Diaw, Bell and Wallace aren't big scorers but those guys can score 15 a game easy. Even distribution might actually be better than just chucking it in to JRich and letting him create.
Starting > Felton Bell Diaw Wallace Okafor and Augustine as the 6th. As long as Felton can drive and dish, it'll be fine. Not like they can sink much lower than they are right now anyway.

Slight win for the Suns is Dudley. All around player.. can score a bit, intangibles, defends pretty well!
No idea about singletary though. Could have gotten amundson instead if they're really desperate for a big body

I think everyone is missing the big point here. Felton stepping up? The guard that steps up and benefits the most from this is DJ Augustin. The rookie is playing alongside Felton alot this season and went for 28 points yesterday after the trade. While JRich was injured he was consistantly going for 15+ points. He'll be the 1 to step up.

I think everyone is missing the big point here. Felton stepping up? The guard that steps up and benefits the most from this is DJ Augustin. The rookie is playing alongside Felton alot this season and went for 28 points yesterday after the trade. While JRich was injured he was consistantly going for 15+ points. He'll be the 1 to step up.

You're right about DJ. Next to Rose, he was the next best pg in the draft. He was a steal in the draft, not only will his numbers get better, but watch his card value skyrocket also!

Nice debut for Jason Richardson in tonight's win over the Magic...21 points,3 asts,3rbs,1 block (8-16 fg). Looking forward to him bringing the Suns out of mediocrity in the Western Conference.

You're right about DJ. Next to Rose, he was the next best pg in the draft. He was a steal in the draft, not only will his numbers get better, but watch his card value skyrocket also!

On the night the analysts said he was drafted too high :lol:

But yeah I hold to it that the Bobcats lose this. Sure they got two solid players - but all teams need a go-to-guy.

The Bobcats don't have that. Gerald Wallace is a slasher type player, he's like Iguodala in that they both CAN'T SHOOT THE DAMN BASKETBALL

As they are both not great scorers, they can't be true leaders for their teams. Every team needs a great scorer and J-Rich was the closest thing that the Bobcats had.

I'll be happy to watch them flounder now with limited athleticism and elite scoring from their wing positions.

On the other hand they did pick up some nice pieces to make them a team with more depth but it won't really do much for them, I can't see this helping them win any more games..

Whereas the Suns, this could be helpful. They have enough depth (Matt Barnes, Barbosa, Hill) to not really worry about losing Diaw who wasn't doing anything anyway, and Bell, who was a great individual defender and spot-up shooter but J-Rich more than replaces both Diaw and Bell on offense and defensively they don't give up a whole lot.

one up for diaw and bell!!
diaw scoring 26 and bell dishing out 8 assists.. bobcats are on a roll lately..
and they did it without dj!

Suns got crushed. That's 2 games now that they've got crushed in, with Shaq playing in both. Have some dignity boys and some pride, step on it.

fyi....played a late game the night before and got into Portland around 4 am.....after 6 wins in a row, I would say it's ok to lose 1. Now they need to win the rest. Only 2 tough games left this season

Back
Top Bottom