Iverson set to retire

*Oz

Wild Wild West!
Real Name
Steve
eBay User
ozirus24
This info is coming through twitter land so feel free to flame me if it's incorrect but it looks like AI is about to announce his retirement today. This guy doesn't joke when it comes to AI, well not anymore anyway. He's been one of his more defensive critics of late.

Steven A Smith
Breaking News......Breaking News: Allen Iverson's folks just called to inform me Iverson has announced his RETIREMENT. I'll blog later today
14 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

It was about time for him to go as no team really required his services but it is also sad as he has had a fantastic career and I think he has been one of the best players over the past 10 years.

iverson has the skills to play....he just needs to accept that sometimes skills are not enough to win...i love his determination and will to win....hope AI will come back

This is a sad sad day... :( Sadly he got into a bad situation & things didn't go right for him...... hope some contending team sees they can use him someday soon & he comes back.

Detroit can go to hell as they ruined his career....... :mad:

i guess this was always a possibility and unfortunately for everyone, including ai, its time to hang em up... dont be suprised to see him sign with someone down the track though

phenomenal athlete, massive heart, unfortunately though, a pea brain... whichever way you look at it though, an absolutely amazing career for him to achieved what he has at his size and weight

Iverson has said he wants to play on if he can rather than retire, its just that he wants to go to a contender, only a team in the East, be a starter and play big minutes............

look AI will certinaly be missed, BUT he was starting to get a bit on the over-rated side. dont get me wrong, he's a sick baller. But he doesnt get it that he's just not the superstar he once was and the fact that you cant win an NBA Championsihp with him being your lead man. If he went to the Cavaliers then yeh that'll be sick for him cos they have their Forward in LeBron, their Center in Shaq (who is also starting to get a bit dusty), and he'll be their lead guard. over-rated, that's all i got to say. and i mean over-rated these days, not over-rated 10 years ago.

sorry but i think u are all idiots, the guy is a scorer n can easily get 25 a game given the opportunity i think half the losing team gms are stupid n everyone is stupid that thinks hes done one of the leading scorers in nba history done? WTFFFF kareem never got that mj didnt and he came back twice, hell steve nash even gettin credit i mean seriously if a team would get him n let him do wat he is best at. SCORE BASKETS then u will see the all star AI again i garentee it he still has a few yrs in him like that. i think his attitude plain sucks though loll

gee his retirement letter made me feel sad that he was retiring lol. he is a great player and was my fave when i started following nba. i know he is a bit of an idiot but he is a champion...one of the greats.
thanks for the memories ai :)

sorry but i think u are all idiots, the guy is a scorer n can easily get 25 a game given the opportunity i think half the losing team gms are stupid n everyone is stupid that thinks hes done one of the leading scorers in nba history done? WTFFFF kareem never got that mj didnt and he came back twice, hell steve nash even gettin credit i mean seriously if a team would get him n let him do wat he is best at. SCORE BASKETS then u will see the all star AI again i garentee it he still has a few yrs in him like that. i think his attitude plain sucks though loll

The trouble is, teams want to try and win, or blood young guys. Giving AI 30 shots a game like he wants, will get him 25-30ppg, but it won't get the team a win, and he's taking valuable possessions away from the young guys. We all know he can still play, he knows it, everyone knows it, but the fact is that his game style no longer equals wins so he's on the outer.

nenjabin, yeh since that didnt help him get to the finals at all in 2001 pretty sure alot of players takethat many shots n there team makin it

nenjabin, yeh since that didnt help him get to the finals at all in 2001 pretty sure alot of players takethat many shots n there team makin it

Yes, it worked in 2001, and then on championship caliber teams in the past 7 years where has it gotten them? I'm a 76ers fan, and AI is the reason I am a 76ers fan! But his playing style doesn't equal wins anymore.

AI along with players like isiah thomas revolutinionised the small guy/big heart/mega talent, i love this guy and it is sad to see him go, but he is really asking to much to be a starter on a championship team, if he could settle for being a 6th man say like a jason terry or jr smith role, this could prolong his career...and he isnt over rated, and really hasnt slowed a lot either,just needs to realise the landscape has changed, he probably is one of the toughest players to play the game, remember the injuries he played through, hip, shoulder and broken hand all at the same time! truely amazing! and lebron as much as i love his game too, misses a handful of games last season with a sore finger on his non shooting hand...nuff said!!!!

yeh look not really over rated in sense of play, more over rated in the sense of his position on the court. i absolutly love the guy and he was my favourte player from the rookies that came out in his draft class. being so short compared to other guards aswell, he was a gun. and after all that anyways, doesnt look like he may be retiring after all. may be wrong on this, but we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom