Ive learnt a lesson from Jeremy Lin.

This perfect storm includes his name, much like when Chris Moneymaker won the 2003 World Series of Poker. Lin - so many possibilities. Imagine if his name was Jeremy Aksei (or pick any random name) - no where near the fun!

This perfect storm includes his name, much like when Chris Moneymaker won the 2003 World Series of Poker. Lin - so many possibilities. Imagine if his name was Jeremy Aksei (or pick any random name) - no where near the fun!

This is very true... I thought of a few others songs I can use him in. Was thinking of finding a singer to do some lines and re-edit this song that would go viral! No doubt about it, it was viral already and with him attached to it and his face morphed on the other person, it would be just MINT.

I was thinking of selling my two rookie cards and an auto of his, being they are going for over 200.00.... I need to the money anyway to pay my wifes doctor bills.

No way he is overrated.... On so many levels, he is the most under paid man in sports and entertainment right now. I would say that if he was established and he keeps this up though the rest of the year, his worth will be more then 300 Million dollars. Not that he will see even a grain of salt of that, but on the marketing and the sales and what he represents to the world communities and culture, he could very easily can double or triple the growth of basketball worldwide. That in itself will create jobs and $$$ though sales with anything he is on it. Nike is drooling on themselves to be able to get him signed to get more market share. His shoes would sell for more then Air Jordan's worldwide. His persona is nothing that anyone has ever seen but been waiting for. So if you can get one of his rookie autos for any price, it might be worth 2x more by the end of the year.

This is a big gamble, being it just takes one thug to do some dodgy s*** to get him hurt and then its back to WHAT IFS.

Thought I would move this over to here so we don't 'pollute' Brian Lee's sale thread!

But this right here ^^^ is why people think Lin is overrated!

Saying he is worth 300 Million???? There should never be that sort of value put on a single person. I know you mean the effect he has on the game and the fan base, but that is still not fair. He is only creating this hype because he has fallen into a system that was already created to allow fans to follow players and buy from them. He hasn't created the idea of merchandise, shoes, cards etc... he has just given them another face!

The biggest problem I see with the whole Lin thing is people overplaying what he has done because I think it will hurt the hobby and other people in the sport that have worked hard to get to be a 'superstar'. Yes, he has stepped up and won games for the Knicks, yes it was unexpected.... but at the end of the day, the hype is allowing people to turn the value of NBA collectibles upside down within a matter of a week. It makes me want to not collect anything high end ever again because all it takes is a couple of threads on BO to start a 'craze' (like the next PMG's) and the whole hobby takes note!!

I wonder if all the Jordan fans who have his auto will feel the same when he dies and his cards go up 500%..... WIll you say the same? Well, I know your answer already big man, however you would be in the minority.

marketing makes everything. And if you can stand up the masses, then your worth every penny someone can make off you. As long as your getting your fair share in return.

Meh collecting's just a bit of fun! people wanna spend the sort of money for a guy who's having a great time at the minute then that's their choice I guess. This is the main reason I never used to buy singles of certain players only since I have been using this site have I brought cards from eBay and other sites because I enjoy hitting random awesome cards from Packs/Boxes/Cases. I would love to make LOTS of money from all my cards but then what has this time collecting been for? I love memorabilia and cherish all my cards that's the reason I only wanna sell doubles! ;)

I wonder if all the Jordan fans who have his auto will feel the same when he dies and his cards go up 500%..... WIll you say the same? Well, I know your answer already big man, however you would be in the minority.

marketing makes everything. And if you can stand up the masses, then your worth every penny someone can make off you. As long as your getting your fair share in return.

That there is my issue!!!!
How can you even mention Jordan in a comparison with Lin????

Absolutely he should get a piece of every 'Got Lin?' Tshirt sold and 'Air Lin's' or 'Linovers' shoes sold, but he shouldn't in any way be compared to people like Jordan, Rose, Durant etc....

Would you feel the same if he was picked up by the Spurs??

That there is my issue!!!!
How can you even mention Jordan in a comparison with Lin????

Absolutely he should get a piece of every 'Got Lin?' Tshirt sold and 'Air Lin's' or 'Linovers' shoes sold, but he shouldn't in any way be compared to people like Jordan, Rose, Durant etc....

Would you feel the same if he was picked up by the Spurs??

No, you took what I said so far out of context, its in a different country. Marketing, yes, you can compare.... Playing, not at all.... I can write a book on this for marketing, however, you would still poke holes in it. To each there own.

No, you took what I said so far out of context, its in a different country. Marketing, yes, you can compare.... Playing, not at all.... I can write a book on this for marketing, however, you would still poke holes in it. To each there own.

hahaha, I know you meant marketing, not playing... but comparing the marketability of a 7 decent game player to Jordan as a 'brand' is still offensive to Jordan IMO!

It's not poking holes in your opinions, its just a different opinion.

Jordan has had to stand a test that Lin hasn't even come close to yet..... Time! Until he passes that one, there is NO comparison

How can people spend that much money for a card based on a 7 game sample size? Linsanity...

Does anyone believe he will be as good as Steve Nash?

Back
Top Bottom