is this fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you search through some old threads you'll find some similar stories regarding fake Scoreboard products. Chad knows a fair bit about it....if I remember rightly, they went broke and (similar to Fleer) a lot of their leftover product got auctioned or sold and fell into the hands of scammers.
Stay well clear.

Yep there have been many Iverson and Kobe fake autos for this set.

As Allstar said, Scoreboard went bust and the remaining cards sold off.

Many of these cards were meant to be auto cards, however most if not all were never signed. The back of the card is printed to say the auto is authentic.

This auto is a fake and a poor one at that!

Cheers
Matt

well, on the card said, authentic autograph.. if they made the counterfeit cards.. i think it's very good fake.... for me, i stay away from NBA official cards..

if i realise many cards can be made counterfeits, i think i will stop collecting... and start producing my own exquisite soon.... :lol:

I would pay double amount of official kobe auto instead of getting these dodgy cards... thanks for sharing, it's good to see these kind of stuff.. coz i never search kobe keyword and will never know these auctions existed....

They are NOT counterfeits Nandaling. They are the real card but leftovers from the collapse of the scoreboard brand. They simply take the card and auto it. They also have the original stamps for the seals on the cards as well.

They are NOT counterfeits Nandaling. They are the real card but leftovers from the collapse of the scoreboard brand. They simply take the card and auto it. They also have the original stamps for the seals on the cards as well.

Exactly why crap like that should be destroyed and not sold off :(

haha, the guy didnt put much effort into it to make it look genuine...."hmmmm its spelt k-o-b-e. there!" lol

Chad,

thanks for the reply.. i am learning here.. being away from cards collecting between 1998-2006, i have a few more questions...

well, the card said authentic autograph embossed.. like you said they have original stamps, why scoreboard sold those stamps??? i think they should be destroyed...or you meant, these are the real cards for autograph that is not yet signed and these people just signed themselves, so it became fake cards??

very interesting..

haha, the guy didnt put much effort into it to make it look genuine...."hmmmm its spelt k-o-b-e. there!" lol

hahaa, that's exactly what i was thinking, kobe bryant's hand writing is pretty bad as far as i know, everytime i see his auto, i only can read K and O... and the rest are just like kitty scratch on sofa....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom