Info required 1975 Scanlens Tv Parodies

Carter

OzCardTrader
Real Name
steve
Any info greatly appreciated in regards to these cards.

There are photos/scans attached at the bottom.

I have a few questions to ask

I saw 1 sold on ebay and it said 1975 Scanlens TV PARODIES.

There are also some on ebay USA
1969 Topps Crazy TV Blank Back Proof What's Up Doctari?
So i have to ask, how do you tell the difference if they are blank backs and no Scanlens or Topps to be seen anywhere.

I am sure mine are Scanlens as i have had them for years and obviously bought them way back then.

ps; I actually thought that i may have gotten them in Mad Magazines back in the 1970's so i am really unaware of their authenticity!

Thanks for any help!

Steve

1975 scanlens parodies.jpg

1975 scanlens parodies a.jpg

Last edited:
I've always wondered what the difference is myself,I collected these when I was a kid and almost have a set together, they came in packs of Big Metro which had a massive piece of bubble gum and was my favourite bitd.
The main difference between AUS issue and USA issue is the card stock.
USA card stock was always a whiter cardboard where AUS card stock was more a cream colour.
By your scans I'd say yours are Aussie for sure.
I hope this helped.
If you have any spares, I have spares to trade as well, or if your interested in selling.
Regards Robert.

I've always wondered what the difference is myself,I collected these when I was a kid and almost have a set together, they came in packs of Big Metro which had a massive piece of bubble gum and was my favourite bitd.
The main difference between AUS issue and USA issue is the card stock.
USA card stock was always a whiter cardboard where AUS card stock was more a cream colour.
By your scans I'd say yours are Aussie for sure.
I hope this helped.
If you have any spares, I have spares to trade as well, or if your interested in selling.
Regards Robert.
Thanks for the extra info Robert, appreciate it.

The above scans are the only 3 that i have.

Happy to sell or trade for NRL or AFL

Thanks for the extra info Robert, appreciate it.

The above scans are the only 3 that i have.

Happy to sell or trade for NRL or AFL

No worries Steve, I don't have any NRL or AFL cards, but I would be interested in buying the three, let me know what you would like for them.

Back
Top Bottom