Info. and live breaks in Dream Cards Melbounre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New shop openning soooon in Melbourne Australia---Dream Cards

Good luck with the incoming success!!!

I'll definitely have to pop in when down in Melbourne!!

God bless you guys

Bring on the shop!

go away for a week and all the good stuff happens,
new card store :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
ill be there mate.
cant wait to see the shop.:D

i live in bendigo and frequent melbourne regularly for work, so i will become a regular!!!!
will you have competative box prices? and deals?
for instance i am looking to buy some sp rookie threads, 07/08sp game used and 06/07 reserve plus various autos and the like
thanks

sounds good, we will have a complete prices list of the boxes we will get in by end of this week.
thanks and you are welcome :)

Re: Melbourne ppl plz tell us what you need---Dream Cards

I also agree on the having NBA games on in the store..... have always thought that was a good idea! :)

Also..... think you should stock the Beckett Annuals & Beckett Plus mags... a lot of people have trouble getting these.

Re: 3 cases of Exquisite break in our shop--- Dream Cards

wow ! a new card shop in melb!! when u gonna open? i'll pop in right now lolz :p

so good to hear a new shop in melb cbd, if u can run all the ideas above it will definately be a successful shop! 100% support! :)

Game used/patch/autographed singles to purchase for those who don't like the hit & miss lottery of box buying.

I used to work in a card shop back in the mid – late 90’s and I can offer a bit of advice for you on some of the things that did and didn’t work.

What do you need for your new shop?

- Have new stock available quickly and bust a box or 2 of the new stuff for singles. Sure you may lose money on busting these boxes but you can sell off a lot of the singles to player collectors and set builders. The hype of seeing nice inserts from new releases gets collectors involved and wanting to bust packs/boxes. Plus if you pull a nice card its great advertising…..”Hey hear what was pulled at (shop name)”

- Lots of singles turnover……..you need to have a reason for people to come back…… If the same cards are sitting in your cabinet’s week in week out the collectors get bored and don’t bother coming. Have a couple of cheap folders for single cards…..GU/Autos etc. You may have a $2 card folder but every now and then throw some cards that are worth more than that (and don’t sell well) to encourage people to look through those folders for bargains.

- Lots of loose packs. You would be amazed at how many people like buying single packs just for the chance to bust a few packs. It’s cheaper than a box and you can make some decent profit on them. Even old AFL/NBL/Rugby League/NBA/Cricket packs are a fun bust.

- Help your customers with their want lists…..I cant recall how many times people would come in with rare cards out of the blue and we bought them for our regular customers. A majority of the cards I picked up were from people who had never visited before and wanted to sell off their cards.

- Stock non sports stuff too…..Star wars/Star Trek/LOTR etc….. Collectors tend to collect anything and everything…..at one point in the mid 90’s Star Wars and Simpson’s Tazos were making most of the money for the shop.

- Accessories…….and lots of them.

- Create a Facebook Site…..network with collectors and advertise via the net……..you could post box breaks, rare cards that have arrived and obtain want lists from other collectors. This would have been a huge help in the mid 90’s.

- Give discounts for Ozcards members!:D

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Matt

I used to work in a card shop back in the mid – late 90’s and I can offer a bit of advice for you on some of the things that did and didn’t work.

What do you need for your new shop?

- Have new stock available quickly and bust a box or 2 of the new stuff for singles. Sure you may lose money on busting these boxes but you can sell off a lot of the singles to player collectors and set builders. The hype of seeing nice inserts from new releases gets collectors involved and wanting to bust packs/boxes. Plus if you pull a nice card its great advertising…..”Hey hear what was pulled at (shop name)”

- Lots of singles turnover……..you need to have a reason for people to come back…… If the same cards are sitting in your cabinet’s week in week out the collectors get bored and don’t bother coming. Have a couple of cheap folders for single cards…..GU/Autos etc. You may have a $2 card folder but every now and then throw some cards that are worth more than that (and don’t sell well) to encourage people to look through those folders for bargains.

- Lots of loose packs. You would be amazed at how many people like buying single packs just for the chance to bust a few packs. It’s cheaper than a box and you can make some decent profit on them. Even old AFL/NBL/Rugby League/NBA/Cricket packs are a fun bust.

- Help your customers with their want lists…..I cant recall how many times people would come in with rare cards out of the blue and we bought them for our regular customers. A majority of the cards I picked up were from people who had never visited before and wanted to sell off their cards.

- Stock non sports stuff too…..Star wars/Star Trek/LOTR etc….. Collectors tend to collect anything and everything…..at one point in the mid 90’s Star Wars and Simpson’s Tazos were making most of the money for the shop.

- Accessories…….and lots of them.

- Create a Facebook Site…..network with collectors and advertise via the net……..you could post box breaks, rare cards that have arrived and obtain want lists from other collectors. This would have been a huge help in the mid 90’s.

- Give discounts for Ozcards members!:D

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Matt

come to our shop you have a place here:D

thx guys we will take serious concern about all of these ideas, really appreciate it

Can't wait for Monday, already going to take an extended lunch to check it out. Great to see everyone from all round Aust getting behind this. Sounds like you are from a collecting back ground so it should be a good honest store to buy from, not like certain ones over the years that became good as using scales and checking packs. Best of luck and will be there Monday, also, as the previous thread earlier on said, if you need commons im happy to pass on a few thousand, that could at least help you and other collectors out there. Cheers

so good to hear a new shop in melb cbd, if u can run all the ideas above it will definately be a successful shop! 100% support! :)

I also agree on the having NBA games on in the store..... have always thought that was a good idea! :)

Also..... think you should stock the Beckett Annuals & Beckett Plus mags... a lot of people have trouble getting these.

Game used/patch/autographed singles to purchase for those who don't like the hit & miss lottery of box buying.

Can't wait for Monday, already going to take an extended lunch to check it out. Great to see everyone from all round Aust getting behind this. Sounds like you are from a collecting back ground so it should be a good honest store to buy from, not like certain ones over the years that became good as using scales and checking packs. Best of luck and will be there Monday, also, as the previous thread earlier on said, if you need commons im happy to pass on a few thousand, that could at least help you and other collectors out there. Cheers

I will post a thread on friday which will annouce the exact openning date, if everything goes as plan we will open on monday. about "honesty", I believe we will do something special to let our customers believe that we don't check packs or boxes, I think what we will do is that we let our customers to open the case even he just need to buy a pack we will let him to open that case to choice whichever box he wants and record that. so no need worry about that.
thx for support.
Dream Cards

Here's another.

Years ago, in our local town we had a sports store who stocked packs.

Each week they would make up "lucky dip" packs, which were $1ea. Each pack contained 10 cards, including a "good card".

Back then this ranged from an MJ Base, to a Grant Hill Finest RC, to a Ultra Scoring King, to an Emotion Ntense.

You could try something similar, say $5 a pack, 10 cards, and either an Auto or 2 GU in each pack?

Matt's ideas above are well worth noting, especially the singles turnovers, and helping other customers out.

Another in line with the Facebook page, is to record box breaks and post on YouTube! Sure you'll need customer approval, but that shouldnt be hard.

Taking photos of mojo pulls, and posting them in store will help customers purchase packs, and bust boxes, cos nothing better than seeing yourself holding a mojo card that you pulled!

When you open your store, I'd be really keen on seeing price lists, etc for boxes, and holders, etc. Especially boxes from mid 90s if you do/can get them in.

Best of luck with the venture, sounds like a blast!!

Oh, and with the displaying of NBA games, etc, you might want to check on appropriate permissions, sometimes they have copyright notices which include public displayings, etc.

New Card shop in Melbourne will open on 20th of Aug.--- Dream Cards

Dream Cards shop will be officially open on the 20th of August (this coming Wednesday, 90% of products will be available on monday so you may come earlier:>).
here are what we will have in stock:
(packs;boxes;cases available of following products)
07/08 UD Ultimate Collection
07/08 UD Black
07/08 Bowman Sterling
07/08 Trademark Moves
07/08 SP Game Used
07/08 SPX
07/08 Bowman Elevation
07/08 Finest
07/08 Stadium Club
07/08 SP Authentic
07/08 CO-signers
07/08 Artifacts
07/08 Fleer Ultra

08/09 Press Pass

06/07 SP Game Used
06/07 SPX
06/07 E-X
06/07 SP signature edition

Card supplies:
one-touch holders 55pt; 75pt; 100pt;130pt.
top loaders: 55pt 138pt(other size will come during next week)
sleeves: for normal size and thick cards
9-Pocket Trading Card Pages
Album 3" Navy Basketball

thx guys for supports and hopefully see you sooon :)

Re: New Card shop in Melbourne will open on 20th of Aug.--- Dream Cards

Great :) Just drop me a message when the 3000/5000 ct boxes come in and I'll come down for the first time :)

Will you be getting team bags in at all?

sweet! did you get those cards out of the sun?

good luck with the opening guys!! I wish you the very very best!!

Good luck guys.

You wanna send me a price list and will you ship boxes out?

Interested to see how you'll stack up against dacw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom