I would really like to see some AFL GU guernsey cards.

matty83

#gocrows
Real Name
matt
eBay User
matthanson83
Hi guys,

as the title says, if you have any could you please upload a pic?

I remember back in the day i saw a J. Brown Guernsey card.
and just saw a premiership ball card in another thread. Which to me is friggen insane.
How rare are GU cards from AFL
I reckon the J. Brown i saw was like $300 or something
I have had 2 AFL autos in my life (tippett and A. swallow) Wildcard.....Jeff White i think.

Please show me if you guys have any.

cheers
Matt

Hey Mate,
There were 2 different sets of these....

2003, Luke Ball, Chris Judd, Daniel Wells

2004, Chris Tarrant, Jonathan Brown, Matthew Pavlich (there were a normal version and signature version)....Look Below

2004 CONQUEST GAMEBREAKER GUERNSEY JONATHAN BROWN 134/200 | eBay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2004-CON...radingCards&hash=item35b85cc063#ht_500wt_1180

They are the 2004 ones and below is 2003....

ttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2003-XL-ULTRA-GAME-DAY-GUERNSEY-LUKE-BALL-179-300-/230726352414?pt=AU_AFL_TradingCards&hash=item35b85cbe1e#ht_500wt_1180

---------- Post added 06-01-2012 at 08:48 AM ----------

Hope you like them :)

as has been said before, the only game-used cards Select have done are the 3 in 2003, 3 more in 2004 plus 3 signature versions of the same card, plus the hawks premiership game ball card from last years hawks heritage set. and as Richo just said, footcards.com.au are just about to release some more. but thats it. you would think given the popularity of guernsey cards and game used cards they would have giving it more of a go. just amazes me they havent.

I think jumpers from the photo shoot are crappy
Darren did you order the file??? I did

I don't.....they were specifically produced for the photo shoot ans worn by the players so they are original in design and are also tied to the player so i like them :)

as has been said before, the only game-used cards Select have done are the 3 in 2003, 3 more in 2004 plus 3 signature versions of the same card, plus the hawks premiership game ball card from last years hawks heritage set. and as Richo just said, footcards.com.au are just about to release some more. but thats it. you would think given the popularity of guernsey cards and game used cards they would have giving it more of a go. just amazes me they havent.

From what I was told a few years back(From a Select Rep).......due to the amount of guernsey cards damaged in the production and the cost associated with sending replacements Select gave up on them. Personally (at the time) I think they should have tried a different manufacturer to produced a better product. Now they have moved to having them made overseas that might happen and we may see the Game Used Guernsey card return.

Yeah i ordered and paid for an album yesterday. cant wait. all i think this release from footycards.com.au needed was the patch cards to actually be something that was worn and means something. maybe a couple of pairs of socks used in a state game by these players. or even boots. what if he used genuine pieces of their state socks used in a match, that would be awesome. but the jumpers mean nothing to me, they wore them for a 15 minute photo shoot, big deal. if the players used a couple of extra pairs of socks during the state competition they could be used for the cards. as i know these guys get to keep their game guernsey, but would never sell it, they need to think of something else that actually means something to the player and collector.

Yeah i ordered and paid for an album yesterday. cant wait. all i think this release from footycards.com.au needed was the patch cards to actually be something that was worn and means something. maybe a couple of pairs of socks used in a state game by these players. or even boots. what if he used genuine pieces of their state socks used in a match, that would be awesome. but the jumpers mean nothing to me, they wore them for a 15 minute photo shoot, big deal. if the players used a couple of extra pairs of socks during the state competition they could be used for the cards. as i know these guys get to keep their game guernsey, but would never sell it, they need to think of something else that actually means something to the player and collector.

I really like the Boot and Sock idea!!! :thumbsup:

I think the sock idea is yuk!

Boot OK but sock....no thanks lol

Apparently the players really liked the Guernseys they did the photo shoot in!

Hey Mate,
There were 2 different sets of these....

2003, Luke Ball, Chris Judd, Daniel Wells

2004, Chris Tarrant, Jonathan Brown, Matthew Pavlich (there were a normal version and signature version)....Look Below

2004 CONQUEST GAMEBREAKER GUERNSEY JONATHAN BROWN 134/200 | eBay

2004 CONQUEST GAMEBREAKER SIGNATURE GUERNSEY JONATHAN BROWN 92/100 | eBay

They are the 2004 ones and below is 2003....

ttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2003-XL-ULTRA-GAME-DAY-GUERNSEY-LUKE-BALL-179-300-/230726352414?pt=AU_AFL_TradingCards&hash=item35b85cbe1e#ht_500wt_1180

---------- Post added 06-01-2012 at 08:48 AM ----------

Hope you like them :)

Thanks mate, loved em :thumbsup:

Is it just me or are afl cards much cheaper during the off-season.... I mean those two Jono Brown Guernsey cards are sweet as as

The sig guernsey is at $100 with half a day to go and it's probably worth $300+

The guernsey is at $55 with half a day to go and it's probably worth $150+

Back
Top Bottom