How many OCT members are owed money or cards from deals done elsewhere ??? Or Treated badly ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
to get back on topic iv been ripped off by one well known member here and been harrassed and continuing to be harrassed by a banned member on here who sounds like an 8 year old and continues to call me and all that crap atleast twice a week on a blocked number my stupid move for handing out my number i know but at the time i was having trouble with my internet

also a north melbourne card collector in werribee vic off AFLTCC forgot his name had prices that sounded to good to be true on eagles cards said id pick them up he hesitated then agreed and said he was held back at work said his brother in law would meet me hour and a half later nothing told him he was a dickhead and other stuff i cant say on here and he made more excuses as too why no-one showed up etc etc

oh and i also got blocked on a facebook group for mentioning OCT because it was that jason guy i literally only mentioned it once he said dont mention that piece of shit group they blocked me for nothing and then i was blocked

to get back on topic iv been ripped off by one well known member here and been harrassed and continuing to be harrassed by a banned member on here who sounds like an 8 year old and continues to call me and all that crap atleast twice a week on a blocked number my stupid move for handing out my number i know but at the time i was having trouble with my internet

also a north melbourne card collector in werribee vic off AFLTCC forgot his name had prices that sounded to good to be true on eagles cards said id pick them up he hesitated then agreed and said he was held back at work said his brother in law would meet me hour and a half later nothing told him he was a d***head and other stuff i cant say on here and he made more excuses as too why no-one showed up etc etc

oh and i also got blocked on a facebook group for mentioning OCT because it was that jason guy i literally only mentioned it once he said dont mention that piece of s*** group they blocked me for nothing and then i was blocked

Good to know.

also a north melbourne card collector in werribee vic off AFLTCC forgot his name had prices that sounded to good to be true on eagles cards said id pick them up he hesitated then agreed and said he was held back at work said his brother in law would meet me hour and a half later nothing told him he was a d***head and other stuff i cant say on here and he made more excuses as too why no-one showed up etc etc

oh and i also got blocked on a facebook group for mentioning OCT because it was that jason guy i literally only mentioned it once he said dont mention that piece of s*** group they blocked me for nothing and then i was blocked
Do you have any nasty text from this person harassing you.

I have had a couple of fantastic experiences with people like that. One is Corey Jackson (banned member) and the other recent experience was from a local p.o.s that continually harassed me via late night calls and offensive text messages. Then tries to act like he was treated badly to everyone else.

Allot of young collectors act so much better than these supposedly mature age collectors who act like spoilt brats.
Many of these aggressive collectors seem to be setting up pages on places like facebook ! They put up some BS about doing it all for other collectors when the reality is that they are only doing it for themselves ....

Seriously Terry enough is enough. If you have something to say about certain people that you believe have done you wrong, then come out with it. As witnessed by your post above, it is your continued efforts to make these people look bad that have a detrimental affect on others.

I have also heard from page owners on Facebook of your harassment of admins because of their refusal to continually promote your breaks.

I will say that a page that I help run on fb my objective is the same as what it is here, to help collectors with info and a safe place to enjoy the hobby. Now I know OZCT is definitely for the most part providing this already, but it is another medium.

Going for a late night walk on the beach, anyone want to join me :)

On a serious matter though I agree with most of the posts on here. When I re-joined the hobby in 09/10 there were more honest/easy going hobbyists then there is now, unfortunately the oxygen thieves (scammers/low-lifes) Have found this hobby an easy target. I think its good to out them and have us protect each other's back. I regularly chat with collectors regarding this as I had a couple of long time customers quit due to scammers/w@nks in the hobby. I usually give a heads up to guys like Terry and have notified OCT on several occasions regarding members being someone that I know shouldn't be on here.

I don't get anything out of it but it protects our great hobby, allows teenagers and returning collectors to not be taken advantage of as well.

I think it more often than not comes down to a common-sense approach in regards to sales and trade deals, the odd ar*ehole notwithstanding (as you get them in every walk of life).

Since I joined OZCT I have "dealt" only through this site, due to the straightforward site rules and the knowledge that the mods are extremely quick to pull members up and issue infractions (I received a warning for not putting a spolier alert in an AFL post once!)

My personal collecting mantra is that I will either:
a. buy a card from a large eBay store (eg not a small private seller)
b. browse A1Cards and Gaming, Mr Paparazzi or Justdabestcards for boxes or singles
c. do a "wanted" post on OZCT

and to date this has served me well. After a while you know who you can and can't trust and in general if something looks to good to be true then it probably is! Rule #1 unfortunately is "protect yourself" and until such time as there is a card-collecting industry watchdog then I certainly have no problem with either Terry or Brett looking out for site users as well as their customers.

Seriously Terry enough is enough. If you have something to say about certain people that you believe have done you wrong, then come out with it. As witnessed by your post above, it is your continued efforts to make these people look bad that have a detrimental affect on others.

I have also heard from page owners on Facebook of your harassment of admins because of their refusal to continually promote your breaks.

I will say that a page that I help run on fb my objective is the same as what it is here, to help collectors with info and a safe place to enjoy the hobby. Now I know OZCT is definitely for the most part providing this already, but it is another medium.

Yet another off topic, attack on me Dave. It seems like You are very quick to throw your misinformed opinion into anything these days.

Perhaps you should read my post in full before making your ludicrous replies.

The difference between you and I is quite big.

Considering that you feel obliged to throw your opinion around regarding my character that it is only fair that I reply in the same manner.

I have heard plenty of stuff regarding many new collectors that are forever asking top dollar for their cards and offering nothing for others cards or those collectors who always ask for handouts ....and yes your name has come up regarding some of those issues more than once from multiple collectors. However I don't go sledging you at every opportunity !!!

Normally, Unlike you, I don't try and ridicule you at every opportunity because of what others have told me ! I am very aware that there are always 2 sides to everything which is an obvious thing that you chose to overlook. Not very nice is it !

You make comments that I have apparently harassed another page to put my group breaks on....

I am getting quite long in the tooth so perhaps I missed the part where I was rude or harassing in this conversation (obviously the one your are discussing because it is the only page I have asked to share on)
- here is a screen shot for yourself and others to make up their own mind. What I do know is that there was obviously a communication because it went from what I thought was a normal conversation to being blocked and apparently bitched about to yourself and god knows who else....

Group break with Rowdy.PNG

group break with rowdy 2.PNG

Last edited:
Yet another off topic, attack on me Dave. It seems like You are very quick to throw your misinformed opinion into anything these days.

Perhaps you should read my post in full before making your ludicrous replies.

The difference between you and I is quite big.

Considering that you feel obliged to throw your opinion around regarding my character that it is only fair that I reply in the same manner.

I have heard plenty of stuff regarding many new collectors that are forever asking top dollar for their cards and offering nothing for others cards or those collectors who always ask for handouts ....and yes your name has come up regarding some of those issues more than once from multiple collectors. However I don't go sledging you at every opportunity !!!

Normally, Unlike you, I don't try and ridicule you at every opportunity because of what others have told me ! I am very aware that there are always 2 sides to everything which is an obvious thing that you chose to overlook. Not very nice is it !

You make comments that I have apparently harassed another page to put my group breaks on....

I am getting quite long in the tooth so perhaps I missed the part where I was rude or harassing in this conversation (obviously the one your are discussing because it is the only page I have asked to share on)
- here is a screen shot for yourself and others to make up their own mind. What I do know is that there was obviously a communication because it went from what I thought was a normal conversation to being blocked and apparently bitched about to yourself and god knows who else....

Group break with Rowdy.PNG

group break with rowdy 2.PNG
Fair enough, and I apologize on behalf of the page thing as I was misinformed, however I think that it is only fair that I address what has been raised by you as you have. I will answer as I read so it is "I don't miss anything"

I tend not to judge on people character, only merely offering my opinion on what facts are presented to me by what I read and what I hear, something that I am quite sure that you can appreciate by your response. As I often say so, my opinions do get me into trouble so I apologize if my information is wrong.

If you are referring to me offering high price cards and offering little or next to nothing or begging for freebies from people then I think you are not hearing the whole story. If you bothered to look at one of my last sale threads I was selling inserts for $0.25 a pop or 5 for $1. People bought those so if I was overpricing those cards and selling them at a premium, then I am sorry. I have no access to a Beckett as I have no hobby store to go to, nor no newsagent who will stock it. If I can't find it on ebay, then its comc. These are my only sources of values most of the time. Which then leads to my offers. This is the same for offers, I will look up as much info as I can before making an offer, and if this is to low for some people on here, I ask them to tell me so. There also times where I pass up on a $15 insert, and it may be the most well priced insert I have seen for quite some time, but because I have no funds, or I have prioritized another card over it, then I will pass, and I often explain that. I am a little devastated that people see me passing on a card because of price and not just because I can't afford it. And on the freebie front, are you serious. This part I can only put down to a few people you know that I know, mainly Mick, who I know have offered to gets cards for me. This is from the generous nature of their heart, and I am sure if you ask Mick and others who have freebied me in the past, I pay it back at some point. Sure I enter comps, but who doesn't? If it is someone else telling you I continually chase freebies, then I encourage you to message me with names as I never run around chasing freebies at all.

So in short there is one thing you and I agree on, you and I are very different people. You have a card shop, access to be able to help collectors, be submerged in the card environment, enjoy a hobby with the ability to mingle with like minded people on a day to day basis face to face. Me, I no access to cards, a situation that prevents me from buying every card I love, making networks of people to survive in an industry where I am dealing with the same type of people that you say I am. But I do try and help people. I may not be able to spend thousands a year on boxes and cards, but when I can I get involved.

In parting, I say, I apologize to you Terry if you think what I said was wrong, but as it seems you have done towards me, your opinions of me have been formed by only reading what you want to read and hearing from your circle of friends what you want to hear about me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom