How many OCT members are owed money or cards from deals done elsewhere ??? Or Treated badly ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been ripped off by a few collectors at beckett - guys who are now either banned or off the radar. Most of them were when i first started but two were only in the last three years - with one of them claiming he ripped no-one off, that he rejected the trade offer, blah, blah, blah.

I got ripped off by a current member on here.

The mods do a great job maintaining the site integrity but no system is perfect. Protect yourself.

Nope! Never been ripped off "owed money" by any member from here, BO, HK, eBay etc!

Maybe I am just lucky???

Or maybe I just always use common sense and follow the guidelines that people like the OCT Mods suggest to follow???

I was recently contacted by a member who wanted to buy 2 of my logomen. He had all of 5 posts at the time and no FB. I asked for gift payment, he said no to gift, I said I won't deal otherwise!
The guy may well have been perfectly legit, but I'm not using my cards to test the theory!

edit* - except Bainy. He rips me off regularly by making me think his posts are worth reading only to find they are his usual substandard dribble :(

hey guys,

in 18 months of collecting ive only had 2 issues,

1. wasn't done on this site but through an overseas site, I purchased an $8 card which was never received. The seller never responded and hasn't been seen on the site since.

2. I purchased 3 really cheap autograph cards ($2 each) from a seller on this site, he sent me 2 of the 3 and the third card wasn't 1 I purchased. I contacted him and he apologised and sent the 3rd card that day. I asked for his address so I could send the other card back as it was a card that regularly sold on eBay for $50. He said to keep it as it was his mistake and that was a away to say sorry.

that is why this site is so far above all others in my opinion.

I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too much billy as I agree with the sentiments regarding the group break monopoly. I saw Terry's group breaks on facebook and thought it was a joke that a respected long time collector and contributor to the hobby (and here) who puts his balls on the line by actually opening a physical store is not allowed to promote group breaks on the only real Australian based trading site... No one likes a monopoly mate....no matter the reason

I wouldn't pat yourself on the back too much billy as I agree with the sentiments regarding the group break monopoly. I saw Terry's group breaks on facebook and thought it was a joke that a respected long time collector and contributor to the hobby (and here) who puts his balls on the line by actually opening a physical store is not allowed to promote group breaks on the only real Australian based trading site... No one likes a monopoly mate....no matter the reason

are you serious??? At no point have I done any back slapping here. All I said was that people should be trying to build the membership here - not new facebook group that are popping up left and right. What I said had NOTHING to do with group breaks - others have turned it to that. I have not commented on group breaks occurring on facebook and don't care to. There is no where I said this site was perfect - in fact there is a whole forum called site suggestions. If you have suggestions put them there!

If Terry has put his balls on the line - has he contacted @graham about doing group breaks here? I don't know and pretty sure you don't either. To be brutally honest I watched one of his online breaks and it left a bit to be desired.

There has only been one member banned who was told that he was not to advertise his facebook group site here and continued to do so. The reason he was told this was because he was advertising it free of charge, a little bit of courtesy in contacting Graham about it first would have been nice.

are you serious??? At no point have I done any back slapping here. All I said was that people should be trying to build the membership here - not new facebook group that are popping up left and right. What I said had NOTHING to do with group breaks - others have turned it to that. I have not commented on group breaks occurring on facebook and don't care to. There is no where I said this site was perfect - in fact there is a whole forum called site suggestions. If you have suggestions put them there!

If Terry has put his balls on the line - has he contacted @graham about doing group breaks here? I don't know and pretty sure you don't either. To be brutally honest I watched one of his online breaks and it left a bit to be desired.

There has only been one member banned who was told that he was not to advertise his facebook group site here and continued to do so. The reason he was told this was because he was advertising it free of charge, a little bit of courtesy in contacting Graham about it first would have been nice.
Although I appreciate the support from Jonathon, before anyone jumps to any conclusions regarding this I would like to point out that I have had no discussions regarding any comments made.
Andrew makes a valid point about me contacting Graham regarding Group Breaks. I did message admin about pre sales on Panini boxes which was denied :( I would have asked about Group Breaks but did not have high hopes on that being approved.
As for the online break done that "left a bit to be desired" Andrew, It was an error to record it while other people were at the shop due to having no control of what other people do until after the fact.
Besides rare situations, My live feeds in the Future will only be filmed in my office at home. Much like the feeds you see elsewhere.

Although I appreciate the support from Jonathon, before anyone jumps to any conclusions regarding this I would like to point out that I have had no discussions regarding any comments made.
Andrew makes a valid point about me contacting Graham regarding Group Breaks. I did message admin about pre sales on Panini boxes which was denied :( I would have asked about Group Breaks but did not have high hopes on that being approved.
As for the online break done that "left a bit to be desired" Andrew, It was an error to record it while other people were at the shop due to having no control of what other people do until after the fact.
Besides rare situations, My live feeds in the Future will only be filmed in my office at home. Much like the feeds you see elsewhere.
How very diplomatic :p

Ok billy.... Lets put the group break stuff to the side for a second (even though it's a joke, no matter how you want to dress it).... You want all Aus collectors to have a big group hug here and can't understand why they would risk going anywhere else when an Australian hobby shop owner and panini authorised dealer can't even advertise presale boxes here?.... Why the hell would he even bother asking about group breaks.... Low blow on the groupbreak's 'leaving a bit to be desired' comment..... You really want to go there?

Last edited:
Ok billy.... Lets put the group break stuff to the side for a second (even though it's a joke, no matter how you want to dress it).... You want all Aus collectors to have a big group hug here and can't understand why they would risk going anywhere else when an Australian hobby shop owner and panini authorised dealer can't even advertise presale boxes here?.... Why the hell would he even bother asking about group breaks.... Low blow on the 'a lot to be desired' comment..... You really want to go there?

I fear this thread is not becoming what it was intended (although by the first post I have a feeling this thread was mainly to out a certain someone that is unliked).

But to delve deeper into the above comment, to be honest, if you are happy with the services that Terry provides, why should where he promotes those be a problem? If the admin of this site feel they don't want people to do it, then so be it. No use crying about it. I'm sure Terry isn't as he still uses the site to promote other things (singles, his website, trade days etc).

What discussions that have happened or will happened between certain parties and the admin of this site are completely pricate and I guess will be made known if the parties wish to have them aired. Its not for use to fuel the fires so to speak.

I really don't understand how this thread has gone completely off topic.

Terry - you contacted me prior to you having done any paperwork for the Panini distribution. You didn't know if it was going to be approved or not. If that situation has changed drop me a line.

Regarding group breaks, I've said since the beginning that if anyone has a proven track record doing successful group breaks on their own then please feel free to contact me and I would consider opening it up. At this point I have had zero contact from anyone about this.

Why am I restricting access? We have not allowed group breaks here for years. Ive seen it all when it comes to people being cheated and ripped off in breaks by dishonest breakers.

What I don't want is the fly by nighters coming in, using this site to make a quick buck, ripping off collectors and undercutting the legit businesses here in Australia. Almost as quickly as they start they close up their page and leave a trail of destruction in their wake. Meanwhile the businesses that are doing it properly have no business and they close up shop themselves. Suddenly we have noone to buy from in this country, and then the crying starts "why don't we have card shops/businesses any more?"

If we do not support our Aussie card businesses then the industry in this country is in a world of hurt.

I hate negative threads, so hope this fades away quickly, but feel compelled to point out that Cherry was not given 'exclusive' rights in some strategically negotiated deal, we simply knocked on the OZCT door for 3 years having done breaks week in week out for OZCT and Australian customers. Eventually our case was compelling enough to be given a shot - I'm proud of what we have done, are doing and have lined up! If people want to support fledgling businesses or overseas companies, fine (we were one of those once) but please don't point a finger at OZCT for being careful.

If our breaks are too expensive then I'm happy to review anyones calculations because I look at US ones all the time and when I factor in custom duties, GST at both purchase and sale, 2.5% credit card fee, 2-3 cent lower conversion rate on actual dollar, e-commerce fees, bank/paypal fees and postage back to customer, for the life of me I'm amazed we are able to be so competitive, so often! For example our current Court Kings Case Break is cheaper than MojoBreaks (even with all that extra cost), I looked for others and most the sites don't even have any Basketball ones running. When people are cheaper than us, either they can't count, they don't pay tax or they enjoy sacrificing days of their lives to licking stamps.

Oh and sleeving, securing, filming, sealing, writing, stamping, paying, posting and following up emails. Good for them (although I can see why they eventually go off the rails and cash-out).

This thread has definitely gone off the rails a bit but good to see most can still have a laugh :)

The whole reason for this thread was to highlight that Ozcardtrader offers a relatively safe buy/trade/sell option for many collectors, with a fantastic track record and there are plenty of people being burnt using and trusting these other pages !

As Andrew pointed out, there are quite few ex members that have set up these rogue pages ! In most circumstances I am sure you can work out why

At the end of the day, stick with places like OCT who has a good admin team and many other members keeping an eye out for each other

Cherry said it well, "he hates negative threads". who doesn't !

The sad reality is that there are a select few out there who do not have your best interests at heart (you need one for that) so it is better to be aware of some risks out there rather than burying your head in the sand and convincing yourself that it does not happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom