How does this guy make a quid?.

I just listed one card on aus ebay and i think it was $0.30 to list something like that but what i dont get it how dose he get it posted for $1.00?

apparently he owns some land and some other multi million dollor business and uses this as a tax write off.... just what i have heard...

why would it cost you $1 to list a $1 item?
If you put up 10 of the same item for $1 it would cost you 50c
every one you sell you pay 5c fees, sell 10 and then it costs you $1 all up, for $10 in sales for cards worth 10c each.
then he charges $1 post for 1 card and 20c for every other, he sends a 60c stamp, so you buy 5 cards for $5, you pay $2 post, he makes $1.40 profit on post which off sets paypal payments, the $5 for the cards worth less than $1.

most sports common sets contain about 180 cards, so $1 per card from a common set you can't sell for $12 on ebay, so over time, your affectively selling common sets for $180, pretty good mark up if you ask me.

high level power sellers need to maintain i think 2000 listings to get a special rate, maybe even better with 10,000+ listings.

I have always said, it's a lot easier to sell 200 x $1 junk items then it is to sell 1 x $200 item.

but yeah, it's probably not even the money, think it's more to cheese everyone else off, he doesn't get what he wants anymore, 50 cases a series is well and truely over since it's all been controlled by the one distributor, so this is his way to earn a quid and cheese off everyone else by flooding the categories.

why would it cost you $1 to list a $1 item?

It cost 50c to list an item for $1 and 59c for a gallery picture. On top of this are selling and paypal charges. I doubt he sells one in ten listings, He charges $1 postage for one card, not much profit there. But he doesen't pay the same fees as you and me, of course but he must still be selling for peanuts.

gallery is free if you have a store, you'd be nuts to list gallery items and pay 59c, may aswell have a store for $15 a month
as it only takes 30 items to pay for that :)

he currently has over 16, 500 listings on ebay atm, he does the same thing in the NRL trading card section, countless commons for a dollar. This seller is at the other end of the spectrum to an ebay seller rarecollectibles (Steve Lawson) he sells stuff that is way over priced.............its a funny place to shop on ebay................lol

Not labour intensive as he is using turbo lister, repeatedly (for the last couple years on some of those), so wouldn't take him long at all! What I hate the most is when I manually list a heap of cricket items around the same time and then when I go to cricket-trading cards-newly listed to see my items they are sporadically mixed through his multiple pages of crap...

On another note, funny how checklists from real real old sets are often the most expenisve as they were so condition sensitive and people used to use a biro to mark the cards off, nowadays I would be suprised if you could give them away let alone sell them :lol:

he currently has over 16, 500 listings on ebay atm, he does the same thing in the NRL trading card section, countless commons for a dollar. This seller is at the other end of the spectrum to an ebay seller rarecollectibles (Steve Lawson) he sells stuff that is way over priced.............its a funny place to shop on ebay................lol

182 a set, set goes for $15 and hes selling for $1 each, exactly the same but at a different level.

When i search newly listed, if i see he has been listing..........i go and do something else

Back
Top Bottom